Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look, this isn't some kind of test. There's no special prize for avoiding all the signs and staff trying to warn you off. There. Are. No. Trains. You can't try to sneak up on one unsuspected because they're not there!
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• Quoth flourbomb View Post
      Yes it is ‘insert religious holiday’ tomorrow, and we are closed. This is not a new thing, it happened last year, and the year before that, … Yes the opening hours for the next day are different too, we open a whole hour later than normal. Scandalous.

Instead of griping at me, how about contemplating that this place being shut is not going to kill you. If this were an essential service like say a hospital you’d have a point, but it isn’t.

How about levering into that skull that whilst most of us nowadays aren’t what you’d call religious, we still like to get together with our families, or you know have a day off now and then.
      Just spotted on another forum:
      OP gets a call from a client on a holiday. OP figures he'd better return the call, because it might be a serious emergency.
      Client has a trivial question.
      OP: You interrupted my holiday for this?
      Client: I thought you Jews didn't celebrate Memorial Day

Comment

• Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
        There. Are. No. Trains. You can't try to sneak up on one unsuspected because they're not there!
        Brought an image to my mind--

"Be vewwy vewwy quiet. I'm hunting TWAINS!"
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• Don't look like we've insulted your family for generations just because our pharmacy doesn't open for another half hour. Pretty sure you can find something to occupy yourself for that time and then come back for your drugs.
          I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

• Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
            Brought an image to my mind--

"Be vewwy vewwy quiet. I'm hunting TWAINS!"
            Some Twains are more worth hunting than others...

Comment

• Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
              Some Twains are more worth hunting than others...

LOL I was going to put something else but hey what the heck

RABBIT SEASON
              DUCK SEASON
              RABBIT SEASON
              DUCK SEASON
              TWAIN SEASON

SHHHHHHH we are hunting Twains HAHAHAHAHHAHA

Yeah Yeah lame I know
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

• A jump start does not instantly fully charge your car battery. All you have done is use the battery from another vehicle to start your car. You need to put the battery on a charger or drive it more than 2 miles to an auto parts store. How about 100 miles? The battery needs to be fully charged for us to test it. Lack of full charge does not equate to "bad battery." No, I cannot warrant a battery from another chain even if it is less than 2 years old. No, I'm not going to lend you a good battery off the shelf while we charge your discharged battery. No, no, no, I'm not swapping them for you. What part of NO, do you not understand?

Connecting jumper cables from one non-running vehicle to another non-running vehicle does not charge your battery while you wait. Bigger jumper cables will not fix this.

If you haven't driven your car in over a month, and then only short trips, it is not the car's fault. The computer and a host of other electronic items use electricity from the battery even when the car is not running. After a month, your car's battery probably does not have enough juice to start your car. Get a battery maintainer and use it.

Your 10 y/o fully discharged battery is probably junk, but, by all means, bring it in and we'll put it on the charger. What? You decided to buy another battery at the Big Box store because you couldn't wait? Of course, you want your battery back so you can get your core charge refunded.

How old is your car when you say "older car?" I need a model year! Your "older car" is probably newer than the newest car I own, and more than likely not even close in age to my oldest.

Comment

• Connecting jumper cables from one non-running vehicle to another non-running vehicle does not charge your battery while you wait. Bigger jumper cables will not fix this.

Geesh I know NOTHING about cars and i know that. I also know how to use jumper cables
                  Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 05-08-2017, 02:44 PM.
                  "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• WTF people? Did you all take a vote and make today "wear crabby pants day"? You want a supervisor because you think I made a mistake? Sure thing, I'll fetch my sup right away. Sup says that I was right, and you start screaming and cursing her and me and the state and Obama, why would you be surprised that a rather large armed security guard shows up to ban you for the day?

So now, having witnessed all that going on right next to you, why are you, Miss Crabby Pants Number 2 going to jump up and threaten the sup who has no idea what is going on with your case and hasn't even spoken to you yet? Didn't you notice that doing so didn't work out very well less than 60 seconds earlier? Name and case number taken (not my customer, we were just walking by when she started screaming at the sup), banned for the day.

CPN3 started out by screaming at me over the wait time (less than 20 minutes, but of course he had been waiting for hours). Then he started in on me about how long I was taking.

Pro tip: When applying for public aid, don't yell at your caseworker. We've heard it all and we are human, we will be polite, but don't expect us to go out of our way for you.

After the second time he complained about how long it was taking, I very calmly told him that the typical interview usually takes about an hour. He said that meant we were almost done. I told him that I thought he wasn't judging time well because as soon as he had gotten his number, his wait time was listed on the computer and that he had only been waiting 17 minutes. I then pointed out the screen on the phone and told him that the timer clicking there was how long we had been talking.

I also mentioned that every time he stopped the interview so I could explain that again, it would take more time.

I wasn't able to approve his case because he couldn't supply all the information needed. He was very vocal in his disapproval. Banned for the day.

Next was someone who was disqualified due to drug related felonies. He just wanted to yell at someone, so I let him yell for a few minutes and then agreed that it was a shame that someone caught with a baggy of weed couldn't eat for life, but I approve rapists and baby rapists and murderers and that it was all Clinton's fault.

The folks up front called security. He's a regular, this happens every 3 or 4 months. He has a perma ban from this office now.

All before lunch.

Comment

• (uploading chocolate and purry cat)
                      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• Quoth Captain Neon View Post
                        A jump start does not instantly fully charge your car battery. All you have done is use the battery from another vehicle to start your car. You need to put the battery on a charger or drive it more than 2 miles to an auto parts store. How about 100 miles? The battery needs to be fully charged for us to test it.
                        Of course, sometimes a battery will be working fine and then just drop dead. Driven a substantial distance after a jump start? Before you shut down (works better in older cars with "dumb" dome lights), turn on your dome light. Is it dim and flickering, but gets brighter and stops flickering when you tap the gas? Your battery is DEAD, and you're running on your alternator. Take that into account when deciding where to shut down. A place out in the boonies with no cell signal is bad, an (open) auto parts place or your mechanic's parking lot is good. Happened to me, CAA said the battery was fine and just needed a charge, dome lamp said differently. Decided to shut down in my mechanic's parking lot.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Quoth wolfie View Post
                          Decided to shut down in my mechanic's parking lot.
                          At least your car had the courtesy to quit in a convenient spot.

Mine decided 5 blocks away from the mechanic was a good spot to give up for the day. It burned me up to pay for such a short tow.

Comment

• Quoth Seanette View Post
                            (uploading chocolate and purry cat)
                            Accepts both gratefully. One thing I've learned working there is that if the day starts out badly, it just keeps getting worse. Its not just me, it works the same for everyone.

I probably could have finished CPN3's case, but I am not required to make the phone calls needed and I was tired of listening to him complain about how long I was taking and how incompetent I was, so I didn't make the calls. It would have just wasted more of his time and I'm here to help, right?

By the time CPN4 got to me, I'd done run out of f***s to give. I probably shouldn't have baited him, but the end result would have been the same and this just got him out of the office faster.

(For the record, he wasn't just caught with a bag of weed. I didn't need to look up his record, he was well enough known in the office for my co-workers to fill me in. 7 felonies for manufacture, sale and distribution of meth. The last one was over 23 years ago, but that didn't mean that he had turned over a new leaf, it just meant that he spent 21 of those years in jail. On a 20 year sentence.)

Comment

• Quoth Foxbite View Post
                              At least your car had the courtesy to quit in a convenient spot.
                              It didn't choose the spot, I did. CAA had done a jumpstart, and I went to a fast food place on the far side of town (put some charge into it, per CAA advice), where I did the dome light test before shutting down. When I saw the results, I changed my plans, and drove to my mechanic (Sunday, so closed, but I deposited my keys in the drop box - saved a tow or a second jump start).
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Quoth wolfie View Post
                                Decided to shut down in my mechanic's parking lot.
                                I once had a car with its power failing get as far as halfway inside the dealer's service area. They ended up shifting it into neutral and pushing it the rest of the way in.

Comment

Working...
                                X