X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Silence is golden.

Duct tape is silver."
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
      "Silence is golden.

Duct tape is silver."
      Not necessarily. It comes in an impressive range of colors and patterns these days, including gold.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• So you're going to complain about me and cancel all your policies with us, because you're sick of me badgering you with questions?

I asked what were your travel dates for a travel insurance quote?

She never phoned back.
        the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

• Please stop answering 'yes' to questions when you actually mean 'no'. Particularly where payment is involved.

If you're going to be that picky about how your bags are packed then pack them your own damn self.

Try reading our price policies before bitching us out for them. Their posted in three different places at each freaking till. They haven't changed in 45 years so please screw off and stop being such a cheap bitch.

If you make my employees cry I will make you cry. Even if it's only tears of frustration. You'd be surprised how difficult I can make your life when I want to.

If you don't want something then give it to the damn cashier. Don't leave it randomly in the store specially if it's perishable. Really really don't do it if it's going to melt/defrost and destroy surrounding merchandise.
          "It's a joke not a dick. No need to take it so hard."

“Here’s $10, go to Walmart and buy a houseplant. Carry it around to make up for all of that oxygen you waste.”

Comment

• We charged you for timed payments you agreed to by signing a lease. I'm sure the BBB will be so outraged....
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• You cannot have your own internet. No. CANNOT! Stop trying to order it!

The reason you can't have your own Internet is because your roommate already has it on fibre optics and we only run one cable to the suite because, y'know, HS 150 with a terabite of data should be enough for a 2 bedroom condo. For fuck's sake learn to share.

Comment

• Please don't try to tell me your life story.

And when I say the appraisal results will be 3-5 days, don't call back multiple times the same (and next) day asking if it's here yet.

Comment

• No I will not work your case while I'm on my break. That would be breaking at least one law and a lot of job regulations and quite frankly, I wouldn't do it if I liked you and I don't like you.

Comment

• No need to throw a mild fit and stomp off because you were told you need to have a library card before using one of our public Internet computers. It doesn't take long to sign up for one, and obviously whatever you were intending to do online wasn't THAT important.

Comment

• Dear Sir, I am very sorry for your loss, but having the person's death notice on your phone does not help me. NO, I WILL NOT TRANSCRIBE IT FROM YOUR PHONE! I gave you two alternative methods for submitting it, please choose one and proceed accordingly.

7 business days left, dear gods, give me strength please!
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• I only have so many f**ks to give any given month. Today is the 26th day of the month and I have run out of them. Currently, I am pretty bullet-proof, so go ahead and call the governor because I wouldn't approve your food stamps for this month because you already received them in Kentucky on the 7th.

My give a sh*t is gone. I don't care that you spent all of your food stamps during the drive from there to here. I also don't care that you know other people who were flooded out getting their food stamps reissued. Doesn't matter. You didn't lose your food in the flood. I don't care. I am not breaking the law for you, plus the case read would be such a PITA.

Comment

• You don't even give me a chance to answer your question before jumping in with "Oh, you don't know". Okay...even if I was about to give the correct answer my half-second pause has told you that I have no clue, so I don't. Have fun when guest services points you back to me...as you've already assumed I'm an idiot you're never going to get your answer as I'm the only one on the floor who would know.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• All of our shows have reserved seating available for people who'd like to purchase it. It's not the best seating, it's just guaranteed in case the shows get full. You can purchase it in guest services or right there on the spot using our app.

The amount of rows reserved depends on how busy we are on that day. As an area supervisor it's up to our discretion. Right now in busy season we tend to put aside more rows than we need because 1) guests who paid for it get very upset when there isn't any available, and 2) we can always take away unfilled rows if it's not filling up.

Lately I've received a lot of complaints from guests who want to sit in reserved seating but didn't pay for it. The other night a woman approached me. It's a complaint I've heard several times before but this lady's attitude just got to me. This was at the most popular show in the park where reserved seating always fills up.

Woman: (Seemingly cheerful and happy) Excuse me, where is the reserved section?

Me: It's these three sections right down here.

Woman: (Still cheerful) Do you open that up to general seating when the show starts?

Me: We always keep it reserved and closed off the entire show, just in case anyone who purchased it shows up late.

Woman: (Instantly aggravated. Seriously this woman went from sugary sweet to demonic hellfire in less than a second) *scoff* *foot stomp* *scoff again* *eye roll* *that mouth hanging open with tongue poking the inside of the cheek thing* Well that's just WRONG. Whatever. Thanks.

I've never wanted reserved seating to fill up more in my life, just to prove my point. Luckily about 10 minutes later it did just that. Her little sense of entitlement just irked me. Imagine if she had paid good money to sit there, only to get to the show and see that we'd opened it up and there was no more left? I mean if there was no more seating left period I could maybe understand but there was still ample seating available elsewhere.

Comment

• I don't think reserved seating should be opened up at all for people who didn't pay.
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• For those customers who aren't aware, our computer reservation system shuts off about 10-15 minutes before the library closes. This means that if you've waited until then to decide you need to come in and check e-mail/print something, you're out of luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X