Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Customer, you came into our store seven days ago because you needed clothes for an upcoming wedding. We got them ready for you in 72 hours. You waited until the day of the wedding and decided at 11 am that you need more items and *now* you need them tailored. And you mumble that getting that done in 90 minutes might make you late.

Comment

• Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
      You, dear client, have allowed over 3500 dollars to trickle through your fingers this month. Its not my fault that your children are going to starve, sniveling for 30 minutes isn't going to change anything.
      Whoa. Now I want the story behind this one.
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
        You, dear client, have allowed over 3500 dollars to trickle through your fingers this month.
        What, what, what? The only time I've ever done that is the month I had two doctor appointments, a car repair, and the final payment on the Greek trip (and all my usual bills) all the same month. And I certainly didn't go looking for food stamps afterward.

Don't spend money you don't have! What's so difficult about that? (Yes, I know what site I'm on . . .)

Comment

• Dear Library customer,

I realize you were frustrated because you were having trouble accessing your e-mail account, and that you'd come to the library to use our Wi-Fi because you don't have an Internet connection at home. That being said, I would like to remind you of a few things:

- I am NOT familiar with your particular laptop computer, so don't get pissy because I can't tell you why it can't/won't access the website for Gmail.

- It could have been the library's wi-fi connection that was having issues. Since I don't work for the IT department, there's not much I can do about that. (I don't think they're open on Sundays anyhow)

Comment

• Would it kill you to wait until I've completed whatever ladder-related task I'm on before trying to poke/grab me to ask for help? Pretty sure it's bad form to cause injury and then expect help from the person you just hurt. Do not grab or lean on the ladder to get my attention, either.

Yes, I have accident/disability insurance but I like to try not to use it.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
              Would it kill you to wait until I've completed whatever ladder-related task I'm on before trying to poke/grab me to ask for help? Pretty sure it's bad form to cause injury and then expect help from the person you just hurt. Do not grab or lean on the ladder to get my attention, either.

Yes, I have accident/disability insurance but I like to try not to use it.
              Wait, were you hurt or are you okay?
              Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

• Dear customer

It seems your shiny Dedge Rem 3,500,000 Rancho Supremo Cowpoke Deluxe comes with a cell-phone hookup. I know because you were using it when you got to my window and paid for your food. You ended up paying for the wrong order. Seeing a connection here?

Later the same day, someone else caught my mistake and corrected it, which they were able to do because they weren't on their cell phone.

Yes, it technically was my fault, I hit the wrong button, but if you're going to be on your cell phone that puts at least some of the blame on you.
                Just stay out of the "workplace memes" thread. Please. I mean it.

Comment

• I'm fine, SC telegraphed his intentions just enough so I was able to brace myself on an immobile part of the shelf and let him know I saw him (The Glare(tm) ).

The stepladders that are tall enough to reach topstock safely are a well-known consumer brand with plastic steps that has "For household use only" on them. If someone knocks into that while it's occupied...

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                    ... The stepladders that are tall enough to reach topstock quasi-safely ...
                    Fixed your posty
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• I've personally never worked in a stockroom or warehouse/distribution facility, so when I imagine what I think they should look like, I sort of imagine them like a Costco, except when dealing with smaller goods that might not be on a pallet and therefore can't be transported with a forklift, I imagine those giant rolling ladders that they have in really big and old libraries, like this or this.

I know this is incorrect but it's cool to imagine.
                      Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

• The back stockroom has a rolling ladder; on the salesfloor we have some overstock in cabinets above the shelves, and to reach those we have two ANSI/OSHA-certified stepladders that are too short (even I have to stand on near-tiptoe on them and I'm just shy of six foot tall) and one that is tall enough but not rated for commercial use and by all accounts is already starting to get unstable.

Comment

• I know you think you mean well, but do not get in my face to tell me an uber-SC (who has already called me by the wrong gender twice and barked commands) 'needs' my help. All that does is reinforce that they can get results with their offensive/shitty behavior. If I'm actively ignoring someone there's a good and usually obvious reason.

Comment

• Quoth apocolypse101 View Post
                            I imagine those giant rolling ladders that they have in really big and old libraries, like this or this.
                            Ooh, those are pretty pictures! old libraries!

The second one is similar to what we had at the fabric store, except it was metal. And more often than not, the wheels were clogged up with lint and loose threads so pushing them was like pushing a car in park...sideways! Fortunately, they were tall enough to reach the overstock shelves (namely because it was physically impossible to put even higher shelves up).
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• On weekends around this time of year we have a bunch of candy stations scattered around the park. It's kinda like trick-or-treating where people/kids line up and get some free candy. It's unlimited so you can take as much as you can carry. (Well you get two pieces each time and if you want more you have to line back up, which you are free to do as many times as you want. Looking at you, grown woman who lined up 44 consecutive times for Twizzlers yesterday then returned later for another 20 laps. It's cute the first few times but after that it's just greedy and glutinous)

We used to give out free bags for people to keep their candy in but this year we're trying to be eco-friendly. There's also that new pesky state ban against free disposable bags. People are free to use whatever they want to hold their candy but they also have the option of buying a bag for $1 at any of the gift shops. (The bags are actually really cute, by the way)

Most people were understanding about it and had no problem buying a bag or improvising with purses/empty popcorn buckets/etc...

Then came up a very angry mother.

I was handing out candy, doing my thing, actually having a good time, then I heard her shrieking behind me to try and get my attention. She asked where the free bags were and I explained why we don't offer them anymore, which made her visibly upset. She seemed to think that it was a personal attack against her and that she was entitled to free bags because we had them last year. I told her that any kind of bag or container will do, but if she'd like she can buy a bag for $1 a piece

Her jaw dropped. I could feel the anger seething out of her pores. She was so completely offended. It was as if I'd entered her home and pissed on grandmother's antique china.

"Well I have nine kids so what good is that to me?!"

I could tell she was about to go in on me but her husband was standing over to the side and saw what was about to happen so he called her over to distract her with something.

Her attitude and bewilderment was just so amusing to me.

1) If you can afford to have nine children (and pay nearly $1,000 in admission for everyone) then I'm guessing $9 won't break the bank.
                              (Of course I can't presume to know anyone's financial situation, but come on now)

2) Your lack of contraception really is not my problem nor is it my responsibility.

3) $9 for unlimited candy for all those kids sounds like a bargain to me.

Last edited by Totiono; 09-24-2017, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Fuck's sake, lady, you and your kids have POCKETS, correct?!

Comment

Working...
                                X