X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth wolfie View Post
    It didn't choose the spot, I did.
    Ahh, I misunderstood. Good planning then!

Comment

• Dear Customer:

I am at the bottom of the food chain here at the office. I did not move the food stamp office. I did not make the decision to move the food stamp office to a place inconvenient for you. I have no power to move it back.

However, you wasted a good 5 minutes yelling at me about how hard it is to get to the office. For some reason, I am tired of listening to you yell at me, so I'm not going to go out of my way to help.

Guess what SC. You are going to have to come to this very inconvenient office or find another way to get your case finished.

Write to the Governor, I can't move the office.

Comment

• Seriously, what is it with trying to hand me things? There's a triple-thick pane of glass there for a reason, just drop your shit in the tray provided.
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• No, our customer service is not terrible. Our hold times are terrible. Our service--the care and attention you get from whomever is handling your problem--is excellent. We have scores of survey responses telling us so. Learn the difference. Hold times are a product of the number of staff we have. We can't force people to work here! And by the way, telling me "It's not your fault of course" doesn't help. You still just insulted me and all my coworkers.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Apparently its strange that we will not exchange concert tickets after the date of said concert.

Today we have had calls from people wanting to exchange their tickets for the Mother's Day concert, as you will note Mother's Day is more than a little over. Everyone has been mostly nice but the standard reply to me saying we cannot exchange after the concert date has been a very confused "but I didn't use it."

How do they think we can sell their ticket to someone else? I guess people think that concert tickets are just a coupon for free entry to the concert and if they don't use it they can just go to the next concert.

Comment

• I was reminded on Sunday why there are car shows that state on their fliers that Corvettes are not welcome at their show. It's not the car, but the owners of Corvettes. I had a woman in her late '60s pull up in her '80s Corvette roadster and asked me for convertible top weatherproofing. Someone at the car show she had just attended had this stuff and claimed that he bought it at our store. I had a convertible for 10 years, and I used Armor-All for that purpose. I told her that I didn't carry a product that had that labeling, but I had used Armor-All for that purpose with my own convertible. She swore that Armor-All is for tires, and that wasn't what he used. She then asked me if I could order her some. I asked her if she knew the brand name of the product she had seen in use. She then demanded to speak with someone else that could help her. Same story from my supervisor. He suggested spray silicone as he had used that on his convertible from years ago. She still claimed that this wasn't what she had seen. When he asked her if she knew what brand she then retorted, "I don't know! That's your job! Can't you just Google it or something?" Why can't she just "Google It" and order it her own self? She finally left, but by her entitled attitude, I can only guess that she will back during the week to complain to our spineless store manager about how stupid we all are on the weekend.

Comment

• Would Scotchgard work?
                This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• Oh, probably, but it had to say "Convertible Top Dressing" on the bottle or it wasn't the right stuff. This is Minnesota. There isn't a lot of call to take up valuable shelf space with stuff specifically labeled for convertibles. She was insistent that it had to be the same stuff she saw today that supposedly came from our store, but she didn't know the brand, if it was a steel spray can or plastic pump, or what colour the container was, but, by the Lords of Kobol, he got it at one of our stores so we had to have it! It would have more than likely been an expensive non-returnable special order, something that most people can get through Amazon quicker cheaper, and she would have pitched an even bigger fit after pre-paying and waiting almost two weeks if it weren't identical to what she saw in use yesterday. Her "Can't you order me some?" had the ring of "have it here tomorrow morning and stock it on the shelf just for her." Shelf locations and stock are determined by corporate and not the entitled whinings of one customer. A very well-known detailing supplier carries a "Convertible Top Dressing" in a black spray bottle. We even carry that brand, but we don't carry everything in their catalog. There just isn't enough space for a retailer to stock every item in this line's catalog. No idea if this is the stuff she saw today or if it would meet her lofty expectations.

Comment

• Too bad we're living in the 1980s, rather than the far future of the 21st century where almost everyone carries a device that contains a camera. If we were in the 21st century, she could have TAKEN A PICTURE of the bottle so you'd be able to identify it.

Does she drop by often? If she does, the NASDAQ way (nothing to do with the tech stock exchange - Nasty And Sneaky, Don't Ask Questions) is to get a bottle of ranch dressing, print up a fake label with "convertible top dressing" on it, and next time she shows up slip it into a place where she can easily shoplift it. In case she goes the legit route, make sure the bar code is one from a product you legitimately sell (Armor All would be a good one - after all, she DID want something suitable for convertible tops, so when she came back to complain she'd have a receipt that didn't match the product she claims to have bought. I can just imagine what her car would smell like on a summer day.

Note that "convertible top dressing" CAN'T be a universal product, since different materials are used. Canvas and vinyl would need different treatments.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• I've never seen her before. She may not even be local; just stopped on her way from show to next stop.

Comment

• Hey moron its 57 degrees F outside. If you need your room cool NOW open a fucking window instead of bitching to me about the unit being on heat from a night that dropped into the 30s. We'll get the AC flipped on (since using the switch yourself is apparently beyond you) but fixing a ceiling leak is a higher priority. Bye now.
                        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• No, lady, you did NOT have "the July 24th paper" delivered to you on May 24th. Not unless Dr. Who came by and dropped it off.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• To some of our library customers -

It's NOT necessary to whisper/speak quietly when talking to staff the customer service desk. I realize that many of you may have been raised with the mindset that "you're supposed to be quiet in the library", but it's hard to provide service when I can't understand most of what you're saying.

Comment

• We do not have gift baskets. Yes, I know you saw them on the website. Stores only have them for Christmas. Who do you want a basket for/do you want a theme/etc? I can--no, we don't have them pre-made. The website carries some products that we do not. I can help you choose products, and other stores here sell gift boxes/bags....no, the only free boxes we have are various shipping boxes.
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Had a minor issue with a customer yesterday, details of which are more appropriate for Fratching, so I'll just say this:

If you have trouble communicating, it would be lovely if you either brought a pad of paper and a pen/pencil with you, or brought someone who WAS able to communicate clearly.

Comment

Working...
                                X