Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm tall so the top of the desk is the best hight for me. I hate keyboard trays. They keep me from being able to have my chair at the right hight to be comfortable. In the end, a keyboard tray just makes it hard for me to work. The tray was the first thing to go on my home desk. Never mind that they are never big enough for my keyboard and mouse. I guess hitting the side of the keyboard anytime you use your mouse is how it should be used.

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
      Ergonomics, man!

[Snip]

And the manager is encouraging this mindset? That's ridiculous (meaning deserving of ridicule or mockery).
      A couple 3 days of lost productivity for an employee is much less than the potentional 5,6 or 7 figure settlements and fines for failing to provide reasonable accommodations. And if it's a pre existing condition that can make a difference in the decision too, 2 days off waiting for the changes verses 2 weeks off following an agravated injury.
      ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth evilhomer View Post
        Bitch: When will that be?!?
        Bitch: Will you be back by the end of the week?
        Bitch: You do know it's Wednesday right?
        Bitch: So there's only two days left in the week.
        Bitch: Well who is going to let me know?
        Bitch: When will that be?
        Kinda surprised you didn't tell her to contact the office directly and work it out with them.

Comment

They commissioned an ergonomic study rumoured to be in the six-figure range, and came to an assessment that nobody is happy with..
          My employer did something similar, if not quite so expensive. When they assessed me, adjustments were made to my chair height and angle, keyboard and mouse placement, and monitor location and brightness. I tried it for a day. Then I put it back where it was most comfortable for me because the "ergonomically correct" placement was actually painful.

Now I have a standing workstation. SO much easier for me because, if I'm feeling some kind of strain, shifting position takes almost no effort at all.
          I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
          - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
          - IPF

Comment

Bitch: We've got people moving in on Monday so we've got to have them done by then.
            Me: Okay, I'll pass the information on to my office and we'll be back as soon as possible.
            Bitch: When will that be?!?
            Me: I'm sorry, I don't make my schedule, but I'll make sure my office is aware of the deadline.
            Bitch: Will you be back by the end of the week?
            Me: I'm not sure what's on the schedule, that's all set up by my office.
            Bitch: You do know it's Wednesday right?
            Me: Thank you, I'm quite aware of that.
            Bitch: So there's only two days left in the week.
            Me: ** 'are you fucking kidding me' stare **
            Bitch: Well who is going to let me know?
            Me: My office will be in contact with you as soon as possible.
            Bitch: When will that be?
            Me: As soon as this conversation is over, I will call my office to make them aware of the importance of the deadline, then they will contact you as soon as they are able.
            Is it wrong to say I envisioned the above script being read by Abbott and Costello in the style of "Who's On First"?
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth rvdammit View Post
              A couple 3 days of lost productivity for an employee is much less than the potentional 5,6 or 7 figure settlements and fines for failing to provide reasonable accommodations. And if it's a pre existing condition that can make a difference in the decision too, 2 days off waiting for the changes verses 2 weeks off following an agravated injury.
              This. I suffered from Carpal Tunnel for years (eventually had the op to correct both wrists - NOT FUN!) and I had to be very careful every day how I did things, even while living permanently in my wrist splints and popping extra-strength Ibuprofen with every meal. Combine that with lower back issues from being too busty and my productivity could nose-dive to nearly zero if I was too lazy to follow all the orthopaedic rules.

That being said, wrist rests (including wrist support mouse pads) properly adjustable chairs (height and back-wise) and foot rests would have worked as a temporary fix until the keyboard trays could be installed. 10 minutes tops would be lost at the beginning of the day as everyone set things up to their liking, plus the cost of the equipment, but you'd still get productivity out of them for the period before the trays could be installed.
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
              X