This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not the operator

Pharmacy isn't open yet and a woman was in the automated system. For some reason it kicked her to our regular store phone system. We have no operator in the morning so I picked up the call. I told her "Let me see if I can put you back in." Instead of actually putting her on hold I left the phone off the hook. Otherwise it would've kept ringing back to us. Co-worker searched for the extension and it was taking forever and I was trying to cashier when I heard the phone ask "Hello???" I had co-worker take care of it and she got yelled at about bad customer service and something about a "life lesson." Life lesson: don't answer the phone.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Well I suppose at least she was a customer? I keep getting the sales calls to "verify the address" of our business, or asked if could they speak with the operator (don't have one) or so-and-so's assistant (doesn't have one)? LOOK, you're calling in on our customer line. I have actual, live customers I need to help and I don't want to waste time giving info that could be Google'd, or by renewing a "free magazine" that so-and-so never asked for anyway. Leave the person a message, but stop wasting my time.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
    X