Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you do not know what you want to order, don't just stand in front of the counter with your mouth all slack jawed staring at the menu board while other people are waiting behind you. You are wasting my time and that of the people in line. Step to the side or let the next person go ahead of you.

If you do not know what comes on one of the menu items, ASK. Don't order it then pitch a fit because it has onions and you are allergic to them. It is common sense.

If you know the name of the micro brew beer you want, just ask if we have it. DO NOT ask me to list all 40 of the beers we serve only to reply, "Oh, you don't have Uber Snob?"
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth Hobgoblin View Post
      I'll preface my order with "yeah" sometimes. Usually it's cause I've just been asked if the person can help me. I'll let them know that yes, you can help me and and this is what I would like, please.
      Maybe it's a way of acknowledging that they've heard you say "Can I help you" or the like, without standing there in stock silence. And the drawn-out "yeaaaaaah..." is like filling silence with "um."
      He loves the world...except for all the people.
      --Men at Work

Comment

Do NOT walk up to the counter and ask me what something costs. We have a menu on the wall. We have a menu on the counter. We have an entire STACK of menus to take home.
        In my defense (or actually, my daughter's defense), she is legally blind and can't read the menu board or the menu on the counter, not to mention the take-home menus. Have you ever noticed how small the print is? When I'm with her, we stand back and let others go ahead of us while I'm reading the menu to her. She has boycotted quite a few places because of how she's been treated when asking questions, including asking where an item is located.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the thread, but eyesight is one thing people take for granted. By watching my daughter, you'd never know she's legally blind. You'd seriously just think she's a lazy SC.

On another note, I agree with everything else on all of the lists so far!

Comment

That I can understand, but when someone looks in the case, sees the chicken tenders, and asks "How much for the tenders".... they could've just looked. Especially since, at first glance, chicken tenders look like fish.

I know the menu -- I made it myself Size 14 wherever possible.

holy crap im tired
          I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
          less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

I love you.

I have some more stuff to add now ^^

13) Don't try to hit on me while I'm taking your order. It's disgusting and if you don't have enough class to wait until you've at least received your food, then you need to work on your game.

14) Don't get high and come through drive-thru and think it's funny to spend 5 minutes or more tying to pronounce our dulce de leche cheesecake. It's a lost cause for you.

15) Don't wait til' you get to the window to tell us you have a coupon for one of the sandwiches you purchased.

16) DO NOT add more shit to your order once you get to the second window. If I have a register, I'll have no choice but to add something but if not, you're shit out of luck. Drive back around if you want another coke. It's not my fault you waited til the last minute to decide you wanted one.

17) Take a bath before coming to my store. I'm tired of mostly men that have just got off work coming in smelling like dirt and sweat getting in my face about their food. Don't say anything if I randomly puke on you. Will it kill you to do through DT?

18) While I'm taking your order in DT, don't tell me what your daughter wants or what your husband wants to eat. I don't give a shit. Just say what the food is.

19) Don't get pissy because our dining area closes at 10 and literally walk through drive-thru expecting to be served. If you get hit by a car it's your damn fault. Seriously, if you can't make it before 10 at night, you either need to get a car or start ordering food from home.

I can't think of anything else right now but I'll have more later...

Comment

Things not to do on my plane:

>press the call bell.
              >leave rubbish everywhere
              >let your children run wild
              No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

• Don't take a copy of every single book on whatever vacation destination your are pretending to visit this week and sit at a table all night, leaving the shelf nearly empty for the people who really are going there and want to buy a book about it.
                • Don't leave your half-full coffee cup perched on the edge of a shelf, or on the wobbly pile of books you left on the floor.
                • Don't leave your McDonald's soda cup sweating and dripping on the shelves where it'll get the books wet or leave rings on the wood.
                • Don't let your kids pull every toy off the shelf and climb on the fixtures while you sit and chat with your friend 15 feet away.
                • Don't leave foot-high stacks of magazines on the cafe tables, or worse, the floor.
                • Don't bring the sex books in the men's room!!!
                • Don't make out in the sex section. Get a room.
                • Don't bring sex books into the kids' department and leave them there for little Johnny to find and ask mommy about.
                • If the alarm goes off, don't just stand there in between the stanchions or they will just keep beeping. Come back into the store and we can figure out what is setting it off.
                • Don't complain to me because that controversial political book is out of stock. No we are not censoring it. Damn customers keep buying it, what a shock!
                • Don't yell at me when your order from yesterday is not in today. Books don't come in the next day unless a copy happened to be in the shipment and then the computer will snag it for you. If it happens, it's a complete coincidence.
                • Don't expect me to find a book to fit the vague criteria that your kid's teacher gave for the homework assignment.
                • If you can't see the customer service desk when you come into the store, don't ask me...go down the street and get your eyes checked.
                • We love it when little dogs come to visit. That said, if you can't carry it, don't bring it in. And even if you can carry it, don't bring it into the cafe.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

When the poster says we Price match*(*terms and conditions apply) ask what the T&C are.
                  When we tell you that we'll match any store within the town centre that has it in stock don't

a) Say that Argos has them for £10 cheaper without checking. Argos normally assign 3 per store - we know they're out of stock

b) Don't get offended when we run over to check

c) Call us liars when we declare that we know what the other stores stock levels are like. There's one good coffee shop in town, we all know each other and we've already asked them twice today (before and after delivery)

Whilst the Argos\WHsmith catalogue says that a game was out yesterday understand that they printed that rag 2 months ago, since then the publisher has put the date back

Don't be offended if we ask you if you want to pre-order (with bonus points and goodies)

Understand we will laugh at you when you get pissy and declare that you're going to Argos\Smiths for you're crappy Fifa 0x..who the hell cares anymore and never coming back here
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

For the craft store

1. Do not let your children come in barefoot, we have pins and needles open and if they stand on one, your going to have to pay at least $50 for a tetnus shot, not me!

2. Do not let your children suck on the edge of the counters, we use a cleaner that is not to be ingested. Besides its just gross!
                    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

1. Don't piss me off.

2. Even better, just don't come into my store at all.

3. Seriously, don't throw money at me and get pissed at me when I am less then thrilled about your doing so.

4. If you've spent the better part of the last 2 weeks TRYING to get ahold of the Brewers medallions (at 5PM everyday), maybe you should get the clue to get to the store in the MORNING!! I shouldn't have to tell you every f'ing day that we are out, we have been out since 9 AM, I work here and can't get one unless I plan on getting here at 5 am (I go to the local BP half a mile from my house :Þ), and PLEASE call the MJS and tell them you can't get ahold of the medallions because everyone's sold out. Don't blame me. I. Don't. Care.
                      I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

1. Don't let your baby drool all over the DVD rental box. I have to open that up, and I do not want to touch that slobber.
                        2. If I ask you if you want a bag, a simple yes will do just fine. I don't care that you're going to the grocery store after leaving my store.
                        3. If you open the CD, I don't care if you come back 5 minutes later, you're not getting a refund.
                        4. Didn't like the movie you rented? Too damn bad.
                        5. NO REFUNDS FOR RENTALS. Is this so hard to comprehend? I can give a coupon out for a free rental, but that's it.
                        6. To those who call my store.... I answer the phone, and transfer you to the correct department. It's not my fault if they take forever to answer the phone. Don't hang up and proceed to bitch me out for it.
                        7. The DVD's that are in nice neat stacks on the counter are in alphabetical order. LEAVE THEM ALONE.
                        8. We don't price match. I don't care how much Best Buy is selling it for.
                        9. Get off the cell phone. There is a time and place for everything. I'll keep talking to you until you hang up.
                        10. I speak English. I don't speak Spanish or any other foreign language. If you get in my line expecting me to speak your language, then tough luck. It's not happening.
                        11. No ID for a credit card or rental account? I'm not running the card or renting to you. I don't care whose card it is, I'm not running it.
                        12. Selling stuff back to us? That's fine. Arguing with me when I say "We can't take those DVDs, they're too scratched up"? No way. I told one guy "I can give you 7.25 in cash for those." His response? "How about 8?" I told him no way.
                        13. Want to treat me like shit? That's fine. I'll be nice. Until you walk out of my store. Then I'll get into Customer Maintenance and delete your account. And I won't feel bad about it, either.
                        14. The outside drop box is not a trash can. I don't want to open that up and have coffee spilt all over 100+ DVD's.
                        15. If the light at a register is off, DON'T GET IN THAT LINE. It means that register is getting ready to CLOSE.
                        16. Our store automatically processes checks. Don't bitch me out about how much you hate that. I really don't care.
                        17. Don't throw your money at me. If you do that, you're liable to not have as much as you should've.
                        18. If you have a screaming kid, don't bring them to my store.
                        19. If you wear heelies, I will tell you to leave.

Comment

I'm standing in front of the register. Obviously, this is where I punch in your order. Don't continue to stand at the end of the counter and shout your order to me. Also, if you are standing at the other register, and I am over here, I will wait until you come over here. Don't get pissy because you have to walk--literally--3 feet.

Do not leave your napkins and straw wrappers all over the drink counter. There is a trashcan 4 feet to your left. (What is it with these people and not wanting to walk 3 or 4 feet??)

I don't care if you only want a drink. You will not jump ahead of other customers in line. If you grab a cup without paying first, I will make you wait until I'm done serving everyone else in line. Hope your coffee stays hot.

For the love of Pete, get out of the way when the cart guy comes in with 15 carts barrelling toward you! Do not stand in front of all the carts, blocking the only exit aisle from the front registers and preventing said cart guy from doing his job.

If you see me coming toward you with a large vehicle, don't pretend you don't see me and cross my path. Just give me the right-of-way. This thing isn't a car; it doesn't have power steering, or any steering, for that matter. Neither does it have brakes.

You don't have to stare at me while I bag your items. I've been doing this for 2 years; I think I have it down. Just stick your card in the machine and sign. Trust me, I'll be done in 10 seconds anyway, and it could have been overwith, but now I will have to wait for you, and so will all the people behind you in my line.

Don't order a kid's meal and then complain that I can't make substitutions. I didn't make the rules. If you can't afford all the stuff your kids want to eat, bring a snack; plan ahead for once. Or better yet eat at home.

Don't roll your eyes and huff when the person in front of me is letting her kids pay individually. There are other open lines; go to one of those. I will always be patient with kids because it's important that they learn how to handle money. Kudos to the moms who take responsibility for preparing their kids for the real world.

Don't answer your phone while you're in my line. That's what voicemail is for.
                          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                            How about, that's not as bad as it could be. We have one place (carpeted, no less) where someone keeps pissing on it. Don't know if it's a lazy customer (public restrooms are at the other end of the mall) or a disgruntled ex-employee... but whoever it is, it's real sad.
                            Umm.... ew.

Worst my store got was a little kid that puked, and I wasn't informed by the parents because they were running him to the bathroom. Thankfully a couple of other kids let me know so I could clean it.

Some more to add to the listings.

1) Don't shake the machines.

2) Do not play Tekken like you're a squirrel on espresso. I just replaced those joysticks with brand new ones. Yes, I will yell at you for that. Do you want to pay for the 80 dollar joystick you just broke? I thought not.

3) Don't put your tokens in that game that's half taken apart. Seriously, I know I really can't refuse you a token refund for it, but come on. Use some goddamned common sense.

4) Same goes for the Air Hockey machine with "Wet Paint" signs on it.

5) If you spill something.... let me know. If I get to it immediately, I can keep the carpet from getting stained.

6) Don't bang on my counter. If you put your fist through the glass, I reserve the right to laugh at you.

7) Never, ever, ever, ever hit a woman in my arcade. I will not wait for security if I see it myself. You will leave the arcade. Those I have not seen, will still be thrown out for the day.

8) You threaten or attack my co-workers, you will leave. End of discussion. Sucks for you when the supervisor hangs out after work.
                            Those who are loudest about their qualifications, tend to have the least merit to their claims.

Comment

I love threads like these! I will use the gas station as the scene setter here, because it was the job I hated the most where nearly everything customers did irritated me.

Do NOT bitch and whine about being carded. I don't care that "everyplace else" doesn't card you, and I couldn't give a dead moose's last shit that no one else at this store cards you, I have no facking clue who you are and I'm going to card you as many times as necessary until I remember you. Most of you aren't that memorable or worth remembering anyway. Infact, get the hell out and go to one of the stores that doesn't card you!

DO NOT bang on the bathroom door while I am taking a pee or shout "I wannapackofmarboredsBOX when you get out!". I looked both ways outside the window to make sure no one was coming down the road and booked it to the bathroom. You obviously came rip roaring down the street and parked very quickly. I'm sorry that I work by myself and HAVE TO PEE every once in a while! Don't like it? Go somewhere where multiple people work at once!

Do not come in this store barefoot. Nearly all of you customers are filthy and rarely bathe, I don't want anyone catching your diseases. Yes, I love being barefoot and I'd give anything to go barefoot everywhere, but in public stores is gross. Feet are gross. You don't wanna know what's been on the floor.

And you dirty construction workers and drywallers and other blue collar men.......DO NOT come here after work without showering, or don't get offended if I wear a gas mask in your presence or cover my nose. You are covered in dirt, filth, sweat, and other dirty tidbits. You SMELL! GO AWAY! All of you (despite living in Skid Row surrounded in your own filth I'm assuming) would throw a major fit and complain to my manager if I smelled less than normal while serving you, show me the same respect. I realize you don't need to look your best everywhere you go, especially after work, but have a little respect for your fellow man who doesn't want to see or smell your filth.
                              Last edited by blas; 05-06-2007, 10:05 AM.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
                                This has always bothered me, at our small, locally owned and operated burger joint, our burgers do not come with fries, nor a drink. If you want fries and a drink, you say, "I'll have a cheeseburger with fries and a drink." It bothers me when customers say, "I'll do* a cheeseburger value meal."
                                There's a very small local burger joint (choices are plain burger, with cheese, and with chile), in Santa Fe that does the same thing. They do have combos that have all 3, but generally unless you say otherwise, you get the burger only. I would see tourists try to pull the value meal thing, as well as kids asking for happy meal/kids meal/etc. Even witnessed someone complaining about the food! (hello, it's a tiny place! Everyone else here is obviously happy with the food, you want a Burgerzilla then go to one of the places in the mall).
                                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                                X