This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy lady irate over unmade bed

At the motel I work at sometimes the rooms are not updated correctly in the computer - so a room that is marked clean may not be. This probably happens at every hotel.

With that in mind this lady came to the desk around midnight and began telling me her life story. This is Sunday night and she has not slept since Thursday.. She is up every night just driving around and decided to stop here for a good night's sleep - which is odd because her address puts her home in the next city over. Why didn't she just go home?

Not more than five minutes after check in she comes back and says that the bed has not been made in her room. I apologize profusely and start looking for a new room when she tells me she does not want to stay and demands a refund. She tells me she can't stay somewhere that she does not trust.

I realize that an unmade bed is a problem but not so much when we are not even fifty percent occupied and have plenty of available rooms.

Of course - if she was so tired and stressed why did she leave?

Too tired and stressed to be thinking rationally?
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Someone driving around for THREE DAYS without sleep is going to kill someone.

Comment

She just needed something to get mad about/someone to be mad at to give her the burst of energy she needed to drive home?
        And you were chosen to fulfill that role, lucky you!

Comment

No sleep for three days - literally?

Use meth much?

Okay, maybe not, but something's "off" with this woman.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            No sleep for three days - literally?

Use meth much?

Okay, maybe not, but something's "off" with this woman.
            Depends----- MIGHT be those little white pills with a cross marked on them ie. Major Pharma companies brand of Mother's Little Helper
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Somebody needs to sit down for a talk with those housekeepers. Marking something as clean when it's dirty isn't just a glitch, it's work evasion. Our executive housekeeper would have someone's head if they did that.
              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

It's hard to say what's true in a case like this. Was the bed unmade? Or did crazy lady just want to leave?

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                  Somebody needs to sit down for a talk with those housekeepers. Marking something as clean when it's dirty isn't just a glitch, it's work evasion.
                  Not necessarily. Depending on the pattern (e.g. dirty room 23 shows as clean on the computer, while clean room 32 shows as dirty), it could be a dyslexic housekeeper.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Or someone who made a simple mistake: they reversed numbers (say, that 23 <-> 32 event from above, but without dyslexia). Or, alternately, they really think they cleaned it and confused one room for the other.

Willfully doing that is work evasion, but mistakes are mistakes. If you know your people working for you, it'd hopefully be clear what really did happen.
                    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                    -----
                    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I can see the switch of numbers happening. At my hotel the head housekeeper checks every room marked clean and will fix those errors. Those kinds of mistakes can be corrected before they affect guests if there are the right procedures in place. Whether or nor not management will put the procedures in place is another issue.
                      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
                      X