Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took it as more like !#% o'clock in the morning.

Incidentally,Asda has announced it is not doing Black Friday this year over here!

Here's an idea-if you're a big chain staying open for Thanksgiving and your branch happened to be VERY near the border(let's say somewhere like Niagara Falls),why not bring in staff from Canada to cover the day since they wouldn't mind having to work,having done their turkeying the month before?
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      Burn something in effigy for me.
      Can I burn my store?
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

My daughter works at Spencer's Gifts now, and she tells me that she's scheduled to work 7 pm to 2 am on Black Friday.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          Can I burn my store?
          *GASP!* Not with me in it!
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
            Here's an idea-if you're a big chain staying open for Thanksgiving and your branch happened to be VERY near the border(let's say somewhere like Niagara Falls),why not bring in staff from Canada to cover the day since they wouldn't mind having to work,having done their turkeying the month before?
            There's a ton of paperwork required by the U.S. Department of Immigration before a company can bring in temporary foreign workers. You expect corporate to do this in order to give their staff a holiday off (something that doesn't bring money in to the company)? A lot simpler to tell their workers "You WILL work this shift, or you're fired".
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              *GASP!* Not with me in it!
              You hardly ever come in anyway.

Comment

I was there tonight!

It was nuts. I thought Black Friday Thursday came early. I saw you but you were busy.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

You should've said hi anyway! Yes, BT did come early. It's Hunting Widows' Weekend and the bussers from the next state over were here.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                    I took it as more like !#% o'clock in the morning.

Incidentally,Asda has announced it is not doing Black Friday this year over here!

That is an amazing idea but I'd reckon there's a lot of paperwork involved. I mean, you can't just walk across the border and get a job, you need... stuff. I don't know what stuff, but you need it.

Comment

well, a passport for starters
                      "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

I'll be pimping out guns 0930-1800.
                        AkaiKitsune
                        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                          I'll be pimping out guns 0930-1800.
                          I've heard of people referring to the AR-15 series as the "Barbie doll" of guns, due to all of the accessories available (e.g. "dress it up" with different colours of "furniture").
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I'll be working the stocking shift, 4:00 AM to 9:00 AM. Store opens at 6:00 AM.

We got extra stocking hours this week because the stock room is scary full. Seriously, I'm afraid there's going to be a box avalanche and someone's going to get hurt. So we've got more hours to whittle it down to a manageable level, if we can't completely empty it before the next truck (it'd be great if we can do that, but I'm not holding my breath). I have to wonder just how big Corporate thinks our store is; there's a lot of unusable space because the building is almost tall enough to be two-story, but they only made it one-story.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

[threadjack]
                              Quoth wolfie View Post
                              I've heard of people referring to the AR-15 series as the "Barbie doll" of guns, due to all of the accessories available (e.g. "dress it up" with different colours of "furniture").
                              Yes that's true. Of course someone had to take it too far.

[/threadjack]
                              AkaiKitsune
                              Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                                I have to wonder just how big Corporate thinks our store is; there's a lot of unusable space because the building is almost tall enough to be two-story, but they only made it one-story.
                                I've heard some stores get two-story stock rooms. Also, some actually have receiving docks that go straight into their stock room. Ours is a shared dock, for us and other stores in our shopping center. So we have to bring the freight around a short hallway, and use those roller belt things to bring it inside. Doing this blocks the customer bathroom, and we have to let them use the employee one, just inside the stockroom. It is unpleasant. I've heard repeatedly that we are the "gimp" store. And this is after a major remodel less than a year ago.

I work a mid shift on Black Friday. I would have rather worked opening, since people get progressively crankier as the day goes on. Honestly, the first group in the door at 6 AM are generally cheerful. It's the asshats that come in at 3 PM and are cranky because much of the "all day" doorbusters are gone. Just because it says all day doesn't mean we have enough product to last all day. I'm predicting Saturday will be much, much worse. We open at our regular time (9 AM), and quilting fabric is on a really good sale. There are no by-the-bolt quilting fabrics. We have to hand measure each one. Also, quilters often buy whole cartloads on a *regular* day, and can take a huge amount of time. It's common for it to take 30 minutes for one person's quilting fabric.
                                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                                X