Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The tour leader did the 4 day trek and looked like a hobo...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tour leader did the 4 day trek and looked like a hobo...

Back when I worked for a travel company this complaint came in...

The SC had just got home from a tour in Peru.

On all Peru tours, either the tour leader or driver would go with the people in the tour group who were doing the 4 day Inca Trail Trek. (On the Inca Trail, there is no shower and the tour leader would do the trek with their tour group, and on the Inca Trail, there is no shower facilities until the 3rd night, and because there are so few facilities, and up to 500, alot of people don’t even bother to fight for a shower anyway).

So, the tour leader had done the Inca Trail Trek with the group, and like everyone at the end, was a bit dirty and scruffy looking. This SC wrote in to complain about the fact that the tour leader had gotten scruffy and dirty, had unbrushed hair and just looked messy and like a hobo at the end of the 4 day trek, and that she clearly needed further training if she was not able to look like a professional at all times, and as she was clearly unqualified to run a tour, he was entitled to a full refund.

I had to forward it to the person who looked after the complaints received, but I would have loved to have asked him what he looked like after a 4 day trek. I highly doubt the answer was going to be “a freshly shaved, just stepped out of the shower supermodel”

No, I am sure that he looked scruffy too.

But didn't you know that tour guides are robots who always look perfect?

*shakes head, hands over cookies*
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth scorpionf View Post
      This SC wrote in to complain about the fact that the tour leader had gotten scruffy and dirty, had unbrushed hair and just looked messy and like a hobo at the end of the 4 day trek, and that she clearly needed further training if she was not able to look like a professional at all times, and as she was clearly unqualified to run a tour, he was entitled to a full refund.
      "Well, we can't give you a full refund, but we can give you the phone number of a very good proctologist who'll dislodge your head."
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

"Whaddya mean scruffy-looking?"

Comment

Was the complainer actually one of the people on the trek or just some random person who saw them after they finished? If it was someone on the trek, -30 points to their house!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            "Well, we can't give you a full refund, but we can give you the phone number of a very good proctologist who'll dislodge your head."
            This. Absolutely this.

Comment

What an idiot, the poor tour guide was probably giving up her shower time to allow her group to use the facilities. I've done several off road tours with a guide here. (North rim of the Grand Canyon anyone?) The guide always gave up his stuff if needed to make his followers more comfortable.

Comment

This "complainer" is one of the reasons I VERY much dislike the word "professional" or "professional looking" when describing certain jobs especially in situation like the OP.

That is just a s bad as during the summer a customer complaining that my work shirt is "all sweaty and wet" DURING the height of SUMMER on a HOT and HUMID night. My company does not reimburse me enough for me to run my car's A/C during the summer.
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Ahh the memories this brings up. Memories of complaints about stock room attendants who had to go hunting for the last of a particularly sought after item, making sure it was still in its box and factory sealed, then wheeling it out looking somewhat dusty and dishevelled due to, as stated, hunting amid hundreds of boxes to find what the customer was after.

Comment

I'd say any tour guide for a trip like that who didn't look messy after 4 days is one who doesn't look professional, since it means they were taking showers or had too much stuff with them.

Comment

If they got you home alive enough to write a complaint letter, they did their job just fine.
                      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Any Christmas turkeys yet Arga?
                        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
                        X