• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
    "Vegone...?"

K.O.!!!
    filler
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

There's also the option that if he's that clueless about some foods that are animal products (the egg whites, the bleu cheese), then he may also be one of those "vegans" who's like, "Oh, but they must have a ton of vegan options, right? Everyone does!" or "I liked eating there two years ago (before I became vegan), so I'll just go there again!" (forgetting that the reason they liked it two years ago was because they were still eating meat at the time.

I have a college friend who says she's vegan even though she isn't (by choice) just to make things easy, because she has enough allergies and other food sensitivities that she basically needs a vegan diet anyway so as to not die. Things like sensitivities to meat products and eggs, straight-up milk allergy, etc. It was a running gag at school to keep a list of "Foods that won't try to kill [Friend]."
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I have a friend who is allergic to peas. Peas.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          *shrug* I'm not allergic to 'em, but I can't eat 'em. (IBS, how I hate thee...)

The ones that cause me the most problems trying to avoid them are celery (it's in almost all the stock out there), onions, and garlic.

Comment

Oh, dear <diety>, Ice Milk. That stuff is a travesty, an offense against the very existence of proper frozen quiescent concoctions. I would go so far as to call it "The Anti-Gelato." *shudder*
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
              K.O.!!!
              filler
              "I could honestly watch Scott Pilgrim every day...or just constantly without stopping."

"You'd get fat."

"Why's that...?"

"Watching movies all day makes you fat."

"Wahthing movie'th awl dahy mak'te 'oo faht?!"

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                Oh, dear <diety>, Ice Milk. That stuff is a travesty, an offense against the very existence of proper frozen quiescent concoctions. I would go so far as to call it "The Anti-Gelato." *shudder*
                Well, obviously someone didn't grow up in a Southern, white trash family who shopped at the Winn-Dixie. Whenever they had a sale on store brand ice milk, it was a banner day in our trailer.
                Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

I'm not surprised. Peas are legumes, and as such are related to peanuts. Peanuts are one of the more common food allergies.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

ASW - Actually, I did. Most o' dat, anyhoo, dawwwwlin'... Well, as far as store brands go, we preferred K&B's ice cream. It cost the same as that ice milk garbage anyway....and who can say "No" to a talking ice cream freezer? ^_^
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

A former colleague of mine, when I taught at a community college was allergic to beer, wine, and liquor. Basically, she was allergic to alcohol. How do you live without alcohol?!?!?!?!?!
                      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Easily. I do, by choice. Not poisoning myself is kind of nice. So is avoiding the risk of addiction, which is a HUGE problem in my family.
                        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Valentinian View Post
                          The ones that cause me the most problems trying to avoid them are ... garlic.
                          I feel for you on that one. I am sensitive to garlic, and can only eat it in small amounts without experiencing lots of discomfort. Which can sometimes cause me to question if living without garlic is actually living at all...
                          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                            Easily. I do, by choice. Not poisoning myself is kind of nice. So is avoiding the risk of addiction, which is a HUGE problem in my family.
                            Yeah, but it's different when it's a personal choice for <reasons> rather than an allergy. I don't drink a lot; maybe one drink a week (unless I'm in Key West, then all bets are off), but if I suddenly *couldn't* drink because of an allergy, I'd be very, very grumpy. I've already had to learn how to live without tomatoes. I don't want to eliminate any other foods!
                            At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                              I feel for you on that one. I am sensitive to garlic, and can only eat it in small amounts without experiencing lots of discomfort. Which can sometimes cause me to question if living without garlic is actually living at all...
                              I believe that an allergy to garlic means that you are a vampire, so the answer is... no. You are one of the undead.
                              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

There's an "Ale and Smokehouse" place in Vancouver that we went to this year. All the sandwiches are around $15. Except the "Veggie Sandwich". It's listed for $30.

Then under the description it says "Just kidding! It's $13, but who orders a veggie sandwich at a smoke house?"

Comment

Working...
                                X