Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignore them. You owe them nothing & bear no responsibility for their self-induced failure.
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Oh geez, he's still trying to get the painting half price? Right, because that won't offend an artist at all. Or really, anyone expecting payment for services rendered.

Since he's only wiling to pay for half a painting, you should ask if he wants the top half or bottom half. :P
      Last edited by bainsidhe; 03-25-2016, 03:18 PM.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        Since he's only wiling to pay for half a painting, you should ask if he wants the top half or bottom half. :P
        No, go diagonal.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
          No, go diagonal.
          I think a puzzle piece would be nice

Comment

Let's get this straight - nearly a week after you told the customer that due to his constant changes in the description of what he wants, you can no longer take on the project, he doesn't have a "Plan B" for a time-limited event, and both he and his girlfriend expect you to have continued on the project?
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
              They are just trying to get the painting done for less. Don't be surprise if they call back with another offer, but still don't want to pay full price.
              That's exactly what they were doing. They were looking for reasons to "justify" not paying full price. Why else would the offering of half even be an option? Nothing but a scammer trying to weasel out of having to pay. I don't know about you, but I'd have told them what they can do with themselves

But seriously, this crap goes on constantly with anything that's handmade.
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                I don't entirely agree. Why? Because I suspect this SC actually believes his complaints are valid. OP could hand over the artwork for free, and SC would still be convinced he got a raw deal because it wasn't what he wanted. Worse, SC would show others the painting while describing how bad the artwork was and how letdown he felt.

This customer was toxic. Good riddance.
                The painting was meant to be given as a gift. If you truly think it's bad and would be ashamed to give it as a gift, why would you offer anything for it, even to use it to ridicule the artist?

I too think think he was trying to get a deal on the painting, and was counting on his connections to the OP's friends to get him to agree.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  If you truly think it's bad and would be ashamed to give it as a gift, why would you offer anything for it?
                  This.

Also, why do I get the feeling the drama isn't over yet? <waits to see if there's another update>

Comment

"Based on your unwillingness to compensate me for my time and effort, I am terminating our contract. Good day."

I'd probably give back the deposit, because it's not worth the ensuing fight, but that's just me.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Total scammers. They supposedly haven't been happy with the work for weeks and only now do they decide they need another gift? Bullshit. They never intended to pay.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                        "Based on your unwillingness to compensate me for my time and effort, I am terminating our contract. Good day."

I'd probably give back the deposit, because it's not worth the ensuing fight, but that's just me.
                        Deposits pay for your materials. When it comes to commissioned art all deposits are nonrefundable.
                        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I'd like to say I'm surprised they came back like that, but I'm not. I'm curious to see what happens tonight (I'm guess the wedding is today?)

Comment

It seems crystal clear that his plan all along was to pay half price. I imagine this works for him sometimes, particularly when there's a considerable investment on the part of the craftsperson he's trying to rip off.

The emotional "beat-down" (your work's not very good, what's with her nose, why do they look 100 years old) is often part of that scam - the fact that it started so early and that there were so many different complaints is a dead giveaway.

Thank goodness customersruinmylife is too smart for that!

Comment

Any more updates? Now that the wedding is over I hope they leave you alone.
                              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I'm surprised no one suggested "Out of a cannon, into the sun"
                                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X