This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Why won't my mp3 player work with my 8 track?
    You can make it happen. Once upon a time, there were adapters that allowed you to play cassettes in your 8-track player. And of course, today we have those cassette-shaped adapters that allow you to play your MP3s through your stereo's cassette player. It's simply a matter of using an adapter with another adapter and plugging it in. And yes, it works, and oddly enough, much better than it has any right to.

Comment

My carbon rod won't hold my door shut any more. Is this fixable?

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
        You can make it happen. Once upon a time, there were adapters that allowed you to play cassettes in your 8-track player.
        Dad had one in his '79 Volvo sedan. Someone had put in an 8-track stereo, but not everything we had was even available on 8-tracks. Instead, he got an adapter. It worked OK for a bit...until the player's motor finally went. The radio still worked, but because the car was such a piece of crap, it was never replaced.

But, as time goes on, even those other adapters (CD to cassette, MP3 to cassette, etc.) are starting to disappear from store shelves. Many newer cars have CD players...but also "out" jacks that can take an MP3 player or iPod. Some, like my mom's Rav4 can also use your phone's music library through its Bluetooth connection.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Very annoyed when an update to my banking app made it impossible for me to deposit checks via a photograph. The app no longer works on my phone. .

Still I didn't go bitch at the cell phone store people. Got my phone second-hand and we use a no-contract plan. I don't think upgrades are a thing for me. Even if that weren't the case, the poor retail slave working the counter at BuyNLarge Mobile isn't responsible for what my bank does.
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I keep trying to insert 45s into the CD drive on my computer. Why do I keep breaking them?
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Your question was ambiguous. What kind of 45s were you trying to insert? CD drives spin at 78 RPM - and are chambered 9mm Parabellum.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                I keep trying to insert 45s into the CD drive on my computer. Why do I keep breaking them?
                *Gibbsmack*

That's your cup holder, not a turntable!
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

That's the cup holder, durr.

DAMMIT - SOMEONE BEAT ME TO IT! !@#$%

My horse won't charge properly when I plug it into a DC port. Is the horse faulty?

Comment

No, you're not making the connection properly. Try connecting 90 VDC to his testicles - he'll charge.

Fire burn Og. Og angry. Og hit fire with club. Now club burning. What Og need do?
                    Last edited by wolfie; 03-25-2016, 11:57 PM. Reason: Added more material

Comment

C'mon, Irv. You know better than that. You're supposed to put the 5-1/4" floppies in there.

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
                        My carbon rod won't hold my door shut any more. Is this fixable?
                        Of course it is. You just need to update to Door 10 or newer, and install the latest Carbon Rod drivers. Then run Door 10's compatibility mode wizard, stand on your head for six hours, invoke the intervention of the Elder Gods, and recite the Hokey Pokey backwards while hopping on one foot.

There now, wasn't that easy?

Comment

I have something for you, Irv.
                          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Obviously, you need to replace that relic with one of these!

More info here. Some more photos of the Norelco/Philips "Auto Mignon" on this page, along with pics of some obscenely high-end turntables which probably cost more than many of us make in a year........
                            Last edited by AdamAnt316; 03-26-2016, 05:12 AM. Reason: Image file broke
                            Goofy music!
                            Old tech junk!

Comment

C'mon, Irv. You know better than that. You're supposed to put the 5-1/4" floppies in there.
                              Many years ago I was supporting an in-house e-mail application (standard computer configuration had 2 5-1/4" half-height floppies, one above the other), and my co-workers were discussing how many wrong ways someone could get "Insert disk in drive A" wrong. Final answer was 53. Breakdown:

- Right way
                              - Other 3 orientations
                              - Any of 4 orientations with the disk upside down
                              - Any of the above 8 ways with the disk still in its paper envelope
                              - Insert disk after taking it out of its plastic jacket
                              - Same as above except upside down

- Any of the above 18 except with drive B
                              - Repeat except put the disk into the space between the 2 drives

On one of our developer systems (80286 with one floppy and a hard drive, floppy above HD), one of my co-workers actually managed to put a disk into the space between the 2 drives. Had to take the system apart to get it out.

Comment

BUT BUT BUT where do I swipe my Credit Card for on-line pruchases??????
                                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                                X