Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't let any living thing stay in the car. For safety sake.

If something happens and I LOSE that car, I want only INANIMATE objects to suffer damage.

It's why we don't tow illegals with pets in them (but don't tell anyone that)
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

The only time I've ever been in a tow truck was the super fun time my car broke down on I-5 in Seattle. When we got off the highway onto side streets the driver told me the story of how his dog (which he used to bring with him on the job) got away and was hit by a car and ran over there (he was pointing out these landmarks as we drove) and he found it as it was dying. I still feel sorry for the dog, he showed me a picture. I think it was a black pug. I figure he'd let dogs ride up front.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        I don't let any living thing stay in the car. For safety sake.
        ...and of course that pesky "law" thing, right?

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        It's why we don't tow illegals with pets in them (but don't tell anyone that)
        So what do you do in that case, call the police?
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
          WAWA! that is all.
          I used to think Fairfax County was in a neutral zone with neither Sheetz nor Wawa. The nearest Wawa was thirty minutes away by Manassas, and Sheetz was nowhere in evidence.

Imagine my surprise and delight when I found that there was a Wawa about five minutes from my house.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            I used to think Fairfax County was in a neutral zone with neither Sheetz nor Wawa. The nearest Wawa was thirty minutes away by Manassas, and Sheetz was nowhere in evidence.

Imagine my surprise and delight when I found that there was a Wawa about five minutes from my house.
            Neither of those around here, just Speedways, so I guess we are just Sheetz outta luck.
            Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
              ...and of course that pesky "law" thing, right?

So what do you do in that case, call the police?

There's no law against towing a car with a dog in it, it specifically only forbids people, it's just our policy to not do it.
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

As a trucker, I've seen a fair number of "how can they legally drive a truck with only one steer axle?" drivers, and they're able to get into the cab of a big rig (would have no problem getting into a low-slung vehicle like an F-450). How can someone who fits into a minivan not be able to get into the passenger seat of your tow truck?
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
                  Neither of those around here, just Speedways, so I guess we are just Sheetz outta luck.
                  Booooooooooooo.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Of course everyone knows that Sheetz and Starbucks are the low-quality substitutes for people who don't have a Tim Horton's nearby.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      Of course everyone knows that Sheetz and Starbucks are the low-quality substitutes for people who don't have a Tim Horton's nearby.
                      Not all of us live in Northern Canuckistan, where Monsieur Horton has an outlet every three feet meter.*

* Converted to metric

Comment

Not all of us live in Northern Canuckistan, where Monsieur Horton has an outlet every three feet meter.*

* Converted to metric
                        Metre*

Converted to Canuckistan for you
                        Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

* Converted to metric
                          The metric system is the tool of the devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead and that's the way I likes it.
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                            The metric system is the tool of the devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead and that's the way I likes it.
                            fin fact: because of pokemon go i'm actually using it now...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                              You're getting LOUSY fuel economy, and you LIKE it? Assuming beer hogsheads (wine hogsheads are bigger), you're burning 432 gallons per mile.

On the other hand, get me a hogshead of forty rod...

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
                                Turtleguy grew up in Gloucester, and while WAWAs are in evidence in that area there are no Sheetz there that he's aware of, although he left the area in the 1980s.

Comment

Working...
                                X