Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It just gets worse and worse with these people...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would bring about the next ice age sort level bad. Yellowstone is on what's called a super volcano which thankfully hasn't gone off yet. It was a plot point in one of the Long Earth books on potentially what the world would look like.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I just recently got a new phone thru Consumer Cellular. I had to transfer my number from my Red Checkmark phone (prepaid). Ended up calling CC to find out what the holdup was. I seems I was supposed to have a 4 digit security # or pin on my red checkmark account. Didn't know that. Got in my account on my phone and set one up just so I could transfer it.
      "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
        It would bring about the next ice age sort level bad. Yellowstone is on what's called a super volcano which thankfully hasn't gone off yet. It was a plot point in one of the Long Earth books on potentially what the world would look like.
        100% agree. In my mind the disaster in THE ROAD was this as everything's covered with ash but no nuclear war was mentioned...

Comment

I'm lurking around and loving some of the signature lines you guys have. Thanks for the laughs, needed them today!

Comment

Hey!I'm the only one allowed to lurk about round here...
            besides that,anything else they tell you about me here isn't true
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
              ...besides that,anything else they tell you about me here isn't true
              The truth is worse... and 5¢
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                100% agree. In my mind the disaster in THE ROAD was this as everything's covered with ash but no nuclear war was mentioned...
                Not overtly but it is implied. Talks of explosions at the beginning and the main character filling the tub with water right away, a tactic often cited in old cold war preparedness material and used for a number of disaster situations, blizzards being one. Also mention of danger areas.

I know Yellowstone and the west coast volcanoes and tectonic instability are a major part of the disaster in the life as we knew it series. The ash makes traditional farming fail, certain forms of energy generation fail (even wind turbines have issues due to messed up weather) and makes rickets and asthma cases sky rocket. Also just about any state west of the Mississippi a grave yard.
                With Mexico assumed claimed to fire, ash, earthquakes and the sea.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                  I know Yellowstone and the west coast volcanoes and tectonic instability are a major part of the disaster in the life as we knew it series. The ash makes traditional farming fail, certain forms of energy generation fail (even wind turbines have issues due to messed up weather) and makes rickets and asthma cases sky rocket. Also just about any state west of the Mississippi a grave yard.
                  Author please? Christmas is coming up, after all...
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                    anything else they tell you about me here isn't true
                    Kit-Ginevra is an intelligent, thoughtful, honest person.

You heard it from her - what we say about her isn't true.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                      And then there were the massive earthquakes that created The Great Nebraska Sea.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        Kit-Ginevra is an intelligent, thoughtful, honest person.

You heard it from her - what we say about her isn't true.
                        Indeed,you speak the truth. what we say about her isn't true.
                        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                        X