This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vultures

...glaring at me--that was my cafe shift today.

I'm only over there maybe 2 days a month, if that. I come in and I have less than half and hour to open, so no, I don't go around looking at signs nor reading notes. I might glance at them, but I have to get right to work.

I came in today and went straight to the service desk for my keys, as I always do. Service Desk Girl was busy, so I went to the front-end supervisor to ask. He said he didn't have access to the lock box, that SDG did, so I went back to her and waited off to the side. It was delaying me, but she had a customer and another in line so I didn't want to be rude. She stopped to ask what I needed and I told her and there was some back-and-forth about who could get into the box. No big deal, but the woman who was second in line looked impatient. I said it was ok, I'd go do the stuff I could without the keys and come back. As I passed by the woman she looked at me like she thought I should stop to help her. No way; now I only had 20 minutes or so to open. *sigh*

I finally got open without a bunch of food exactly 4 minutes late. Just prior to that a bunch of people were lined up in front of my dark kitchen, just staring at me as I rushed around, making me uncomfortable. I decided just before opening I needed to get a radio so I went and got one and took a half a minute to prepare myself for the rush on my foodless kitchen (still waiting for machines to heat up because they always take too long). When I came up I asked to help whomever was first and she stepped forward.

I greeted her and she glared at me. Ok, fine. I took her order and was as polite as I needed to be while she looked angry over 4 minutes. First-world problems, you know? I proceeded to the next customer and was in the middle of discussing that it would be a bit of a wait on popcorn when the angry one interrupted to ask if she could take a banana for her daughter. I said yes, I'd take payment right after this transaction. (I usually do that; I don't think they should get back in line if I can ring them quickly.) She gave me the weirdest look and then just as I was finished she said nastily "Well, the sign *does* say they're free." Yeah, I can't see the signs they're looking at. They're on the other side of the register. I picked it up and turned it around to look at it and said "Ohhh..Ok, thanks!" I hope she felt bad about being rude, but I doubt it.

Later on I was struggling to ring people up, make their food, and keep up with making sure temperatures were right and stuff was stocked so I could make more customers' food--you know, a typical Saturday. More glares from a line of people while the front end didn't have anyone to send to help me. I was glad when half the line gave up and walked away.

Bonus: my coworker got the mall walker vultures this morning. We now open for lunch, but 4 1/2 hours before cafe was to open one of them complained there was no coffee. There's no one there to make it. The lights are off. Everything's locked. There's a sign stating the hours start at 12:30. Get a clue and go descend on the Crown Burger in the mall.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    ...glaring at me--that was my cafe shift today.
    ME ME ME ME ME ME! not you ME ME ME MEMEMEMEMEME! (deep breath) Bwwwwaaaaaaaaaaa!

Comment

^I don't get it.

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
        ME ME ME ME ME ME! not you ME ME ME MEMEMEMEMEME! (deep breath) Bwwwwaaaaaaaaaaa!
        Me - Patty Larkin
        Quoth Food Lady View Post
        ^I don't get it.
        gerund is channeling the mallwalkers and perp lineup.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          Me - Patty Larkin

Thanks; I've heard of her. We do have a few of me-first sucktomers. There were a lot of nice ones yesterday, though. Well, except the old man. Forgot to post about him. Wow, how does she sing like that? That's a special talent.

Comment

For some reason I keep hearing Veruca Salt from CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY - "I'm the most important person in the universe, how DARE you keep me waiting!"

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              What dalesys said. It was supposed to be sarcasm. This really explains it all.

Comment

Working...
              X