Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I worked at pizza place, the manager would offer discounts to customers who would pick their food up during inclement weather.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      This sounds like it's related to the "French Toast Emergency" syndrome. Any time there's a threat of power outages, people rush to the store to buy bread, milk, and eggs - the latter two being items that will go bad in the event of a power outage.
      Week before last we got 7 inches of snow here in Portland, Oregon. For us that's a lot of snow. When I heard it was coming, I went to the local grocer and stocked up on the items we can't afford to be without: Bread, coffee, cat food, and kitty litter. Just for the mental exercise I checked the milk and egg shelves, and they were virtually empty. The bread shelf was almost empty as well, so I had to make so with a different type of bread than I usually buy. We did discover, however, that we need a snow shovel.

Comment

Many years ago, when I worked for Dollar Admiral, the location I worked at was bearing the full brunt of some NASTY weather brought in by a hurricane that had come ashore a hundred or so miles away. We're talking high winds and sideways rain. The lights in our store were VISIBLY going on and off-- and some dummy drove up wanting to buy a pack of gum!

We were closing for the day and trying to leave so we could all be safe in our homes.
        "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
        X