This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth XCashier View Post
    At movie theatre prices?! They could get a 44oz soda and a package of microwave popcorn at the local convenience store for about half of what they pay at the movie theatre!!!
    That reminds me of an old MAD magazine Dave Berg "Lighter Side Of..." cartoon. SC is berating the movie theater employee over the high cost of concessions, and he goes on to helpfully explain that soda syrup only costs a few cents, and likewise with the unpopped popcorn.

The employee doesn't miss a beat; she replies that the movie he's seeing cost multimillions to make and he's seeing it for a few bucks, so they're even. SC slinks away with a defeated look on his face.
    He loves the world...except for all the people.
    --Men at Work

Comment

One thing the SCs at the book/music/video store never got was that "Videos are due back by 11 pm" means they are due back in the store, checked in, by 11 pm (closing time), so that other customers may conceivably rent them that same evening.

This store had enormous picture windows that ran all the way across the front of the store. Nice for natural light, but hateful at closing, because people in the parking lot could see exactly where we were and what we were doing, and I cannot tell you how many times I heard an SC go off on an employee because "I brought it back and you were still in the store!" We had a drive-up drop box in the parking lot that made matters worse. We'd check it often, as often as every 15 minutes on a weekend night, but if the video wasn't in the store at 11 pm it got counted as late. People simply couldn't comprehend that a helpful employee wouldn't just hang around all night to check in their videos as they arrived.

And of course the old, old song of "I never rented that" or "I brought it back on time." Yes, of course, we employees have nothing better to do than ring up random late fees on customers' accounts. Excuse me while I make a black mark by your name...
      --Men at Work

Comment

Boxing Day is the worst for people trying to come in when we're closed.
        "But your sale is over today! I want the really good prices!"
        Then maybe you should have come in at 9 when we opened instead of waiting until 8 pm.
        Without fail, I have never left earlier than 9pm, even though we close at 8 on Boxing Day. We get paid overtime though, so I don't really complain.

Comment

Quoth BusyBee View Post
          Thankfully, the second 9pm ticks over (so long as there's no-one in the store) I am allowed to press the magic buttons to shut down the computer... Thus completely incapacitating it til 8:30 the next morning, since it won't start up again until after that time!
          My manager did that once, because we were closing and this guy with his two arm candies barged in at 8:58PM and started racking up groceries in two huge baskets and brooooooooooooowsing...
          So when 9 PM came along she went upstairs and locked all the tills. On purpose. He finally brought his baskets at around 9:20PM (no strong armed guys in the store to kick him out I presume).
          He was pissed and so were his arm candies, but he had to leave without his groceries.
          Who the heck does a giant grocery order at night when the store's closing?
          When we used to close at 10PM, they would loiter in at 9:58PM anyways.
          Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Noelegy View Post
            One thing the SCs at the book/music/video store never got was that "Videos are due back by 11 pm" means they are due back in the store, checked in, by 11 pm (closing time), so that other customers may conceivably rent them that same evening.

We had a drive-up drop box in the parking lot that made matters worse. We'd check it often, as often as every 15 minutes on a weekend night, but if the video wasn't in the store at 11 pm it got counted as late.
            Is the name of where you work the same as a battlefield in England and uses the colors green and white?
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

My biggest question would be why the hell can't people just show up when the store is open instead of trying to take a chance and see if they can sneak in after close?!?!
              Last edited by blas; 03-21-2007, 02:36 AM.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

We had one tonight! Banging on the glass, yelling and screaming at us, trying to play the race card (BTW -the person who didn't let him in was of the same ethnicity as the customer), you name it.
                Quote Dalesys:
                ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                  She was probably pissed that she wouldn't be able to have a beer while watching the Nascar race that night
                  Nah.... monster truck rally

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                    Is the name of where you work the same as a battlefield in England and uses the colors green and white?
                    Why, yes. Yes it is and they do. But I no longer work there. It is thankfully in my past.
                    --Men at Work

Comment

One night I had just taken the last drawer off when I got a call from the pharmacy, there was still a coustomer in the store coming up. So I had to put on another drawer, just as he came up. I looked up and shouted "YOU". It was my uncle (not a SC). We had one woman last night. She was a very nice lady who came in at 10 of 9 wanted about 5 rainchecks, which required my cashier to go get the numbers to make, 6 even exchanges and 7 seperate transactions on credit card. We finally logged off the drawer at 10 after, the time we are usually leaving.
                      I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

Working...
                      X