This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, that it is in Florida...

Got a phone call last night from a woman saying that she heard from her sister in Florida that people can bring their dogs into our pharmacy to get their shots. Is that true???? I said maybe there they can but not here.

Personally I can't see that being true anywhere. I know we do fill prescriptions for pets but doing shots on animals is a whole other thing. But with the way my company is pushing vaccinations I wouldn't be surprised if they did start to offer this.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

It seems to me I've heard of the prescription thing (although that might only apply if the pet is on "human" meds for some reason; I'm not even sure about that much) but ... shots?

That's a new one.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

My cat was on human heart meds and my dog was on human insulin yet any vacs were done at the vet's office.
      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I too find that hard to believe. I had cats on anxiety medication but never shots at a human pharmacy....none the least because the vet's office is closer.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I suspect it was a one time promotion, probably sponsored BY a vet's office...

But you know SC's and "Just once"...

Comment

Apparently it is real! It is called ShotVet and is located in a chain pharmacy along the east coast. Here is there website. https://www.shotvet.com/ It is like minute clinic but a different chain and for your pets.

Comment

Woah, triggered a pharmacy flashback for me.

A few "human" meds are compatible with animals, so occasionally a person with a dog or cat that was prone to say, seizures, had an Rx on file with us they'd fill every now and then.

It was always interesting to bring up a family history profile in the computer and see something like:

Johnson, Adam
              Johnson, Sarah
              Johnson, William
              Johnson, Penny (EQUINE)
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I was getting some aspirin out of the medicine cabinet at my dad's house, and saw a pill bottle for Albert Lastname. Albert was a dachshund.

Comment

Legalize cat nip!

oh wait..
                  AkaiKitsune
                  Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

I asked at the pharmacy if my HSA could be used to pay for my cat's meds. Uhh,no, because Maxine's middle initial is F for feline.

Comment

When people sign up for our rewards cards if they've gotten prescriptions or photos their info would come and we can sign people up from there. Names will come up as pets. And I think a few people actually have the cards under a pet's name. Pretty funny.

And after checking out that site, sure enough my company does offer the service...in Florida. Not my state. Crazy.
                      I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Anyone have a prescription under the name Santos L. Holper?

Comment

Catnip and mosquitoes

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                          Legalize cat nip!

oh wait..
                          Catnip will keep mosquitoes away, so I am planning to plant it all around my tiny house when I build it later this year.

I will be in Northern Ontario so I am not worried about affecting people's pet feline, but I am worried that one morning I wake up to find myself surrounded by bob-cats.

Comment

No worries about bobcats, I have catnip growing in my yard and haven't seen a single bobcat. I have once in a while seen the random stray/feral cat in it, but no bobcats.

Cats that can get catnip anytime they want it tend to get bored (or maybe immune, I don't know.) I just know that my insides get bored if they get fresh catnip every day, but once a week is a treat.

However, do be aware that catnip is a mint. It will take over the entire yard if given the chance.

I used to have a cat named Bubba who was taking several human meds. When the vet added yet another one, when I picked it up I was asked if this was a new med, so I said yes. Of course this prompted a wait for the pharmacist to tell me about it. I was up for that, just because I'm not the one taking it, I did want to know about side effects and all that stuff.

The very nice, very polite young man talking to me would say things like "this could cause XXX to happen, but this is such a small dose that you probably won't notice" and kept looking at the dosage and at me.

Finally he looked at the name and asked me if Bubba was my child. When I told him that it was my cat, he fumbled the bottle and dropped it on the floor because he was laughing so hard.

When he recovered, he told me that he was trying to find a diplomatic way of telling me to go back to my doctor because the dosage was so small that he knew that it wouldn't do anything for a child, much less for an adult.

Comment

Catnip - I had it growing in the back yard at the house in the Santa Cruz Mountains, and while it flourished, yet was never molested by stray cats, it still needed watering, and was never as invasive as spearmint is, and peppermint can be. And NOTHING like English ivy or feral blackberries!

Comment

Working...
                              X