Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer service is there for a reason!

Onee small gem from today.

A guy comews in annoyed that his double sized bed his wife had purchased did not fit his queen sized headboard. No brainer on my part its his mistake but i'll try and help him right?

Well first I found out he called the customer support number and they offered to send him a queen sized bed and take the old one it would just take a few days (and he would of course pay the difference). He said this was unacceptable and decided the best solution is to show up at my stores doorstep with his double bed and ask for a queen one instead. Great plan......except I dont have a queen in stock.

"well what am i supposed to do?" he asks. I tell him all i can do is place a new order for him and process a return on his double. He is annoyed but goes with this plan.

After fighting with him over the cost of delivery (he apparently thought since he brought back the double of his own accord he should not be charged for his new delivery. yah, i dont get it either >.<) we get everything worked out.

If he had just done what the customer support line had said he woulda probably saved on delivery no problem :/ asshat
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Ah, but we all know that entitlement-whore SC's can't do math!

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

These are the same customers who will pay a $200 termination fee, plus another $50-100 deposit and $25 or so activation fee with a new cellular carrier because the $15 shipping fee to have their PoS cellphone replaced under warranty is 'outrageous'.

Of course, the cell phone companies must love it. Nothing is quite as profitable as stupid.
      Check out my webcomic!

Comment

One of my least favorite phrases is "What am I supposed to do?" This is most often stated after they don't get what they want or find out you can't give them what they want.

Comment

Quoth Polenicus View Post
          Nothing is quite as profitable as stupid.
          Except for maybe running a Goodwill.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Department stores *sigh* View Post
            Well first I found out he called the customer support number and they offered to send him a queen sized bed and take the old one it would just take a few days (and he would of course pay the difference). He said this was unacceptable and decided the best solution is to show up at my stores doorstep with his double bed and ask for a queen one instead.
            Ah, SC logic at its finest.
            Option A: Sit home and do nothing, have new Queen bed delivered, wrong size bed removed, simply pay difference between the two. No physical work involved at all.
            Option B: Reject common sense, drag wrong bed to store, cry like baby, end up having to pay delivery charges plus difference between double and queen beds.

Of course the SC will always go with Option B. It gives them a chance to practice their mad WAAAAAAAAHHHHH skillz.

Comment

Only reason I could think of that would make me return the mattress to the store to get the right one, would be if the mattress had some nasty condition that would make it take it back instead of waiting for it to be taking away. For example infested with some insect or started to emit a hideous smell.

Could the sucky customer in this story have ocd because a mattress that wouldn't fit on a headboard could cause it to flare like mad from what I understand.

Comment

Working...
              X