Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBD oil. I've heard good things about it too, I've read it's good for anxiety for example (which I have a ton of problems with).

A bit of extra money and I'll get some to vape, and see how it does me.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post

It is legal up here. I've had CPD(?) oil suggested to me before. The one without the THC. A good friend of mine is a military vet the Afghanistan war so him and his social circle have very similar problems to me. One of his war buddies pretty much has exactly the same things I do and CPD oil did him a world of good.

So I have thought about it. I wouldn't want anything with the THC side of things. I have enough trouble keeping my mental faculties together between the PTSD and medications as is. >.>
      CBD oil. I get mine off Amazon, by the gallon. Something less than a shot glass per day, and I'm hurting so much less than I used to. Might even be having an effect on the depression; but just feeling better physically might account for that.

And no, no THC. Nebraska gets rather . . . touchy . . . about that. Despite the fact that in some parts of the state it grows wild in the ditches . . .

Warning, though. The taste is NASTY.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
        Despite the fact that in some parts of the state it grows wild in the ditches . . .
        Ditchweed is either a different variety, or is just grown under the wrong conditions, to produce much THC. It was originally grown for hemp to make ropes (and cloth), and some wound up growing wild.

It still is like inhaling burning leaves, but without the "fun" aspects... And it takes a long time hanging up in a dorm room to dry the leaves out!

Uhh, or so I hear?
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
          And it takes a long time hanging up in a dorm room to dry the leaves out!

Uhh, or so I hear?
          ... you mean like a fruitbat dangling upsidedown? Oh it's the leaves that are hanging up?

*not that there's not a few girls I wouldn't mind seeing in that position
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

NP, either the ditches have gotten less productive or you and I were looking in different ditches . . .

Comment

Well, the ditches that I .... ummm .... heard about, were around three decades ago.
              “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
              One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
              The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post

And no, no THC. Nebraska gets rather . . . touchy . . . about that. Despite the fact that in some parts of the state it grows wild in the ditches . . .
                But if somebody would publish a study that proves it can stop turnovers from happening, they'd declare it the new state plant.

Comment

Oh, you have been missed. I have come back many times looking for you. I hope time brings you better health and peace. You are loved.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post

In some parts of Nebraska you can find the local college girls lying wild in the ditches....
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                      In some parts of Nebraska you can find the local college girls lying wild in the ditches....
                      Sometimes they're even alone . . .

Comment

Yay! Gravekeeper!!!

A Gravekeeper post! This makes my day. Being currently homeless, it is nice to have something I love.

Comment

Gravekeeper, I remember something about you working on a book but didn't read anything more after that... has that been shelves or just on the back-burner for a while?
                          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Not sure if he has, but we of the mods have combed thru his old threads and C-P'd them into a document on occasion. Mine should be floating around on my system somewhere.

GK, if you have not done the same (or don't plan to), would you mind if we posted a compliation at some point? Your text and maybe some notable comment responses only; not the entire threads including user comments.
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                              would you mind if we posted a compilation at some point? Your text and maybe some notable comment responses only; not the entire threads including user comments.
                              I vote "Yes please"
                              (do it do it do it do it)

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
                                I vote "Yes please"
                                (do it do it do it do it)
                                I second this whole heartily
                                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                                X