This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yea ok sure..

Custy comes into Intertechmotors with a Jeep with less then 1kmi on it. Says the radio face cracked when he hit a pothole. Well as the great tow jockey on here can testify PA is lousy with them. We go look at it-

Yeaaa OK A pothole! So no- sorry dude that will be $1500.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Debris flying from *trying* to fly over potholes, doesn't get covered by ... any ... warranty.
    Allowing violent/destructive passengers to be such, is also not covered.

Jibbering and moaning over the cost... "Lemme get my camera so's I can show the guys on CS"

Comment

If a pothole did that, a cracked screen would be the least of the damage he would have been complaining about.

Comment

Does a car warranty exist that covers pothole damage?
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          ... exist that covers pothole damage?
          Insurance may cover when the pot-hole is the other driver...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Yeah, you hit a pothole, that caused you to drop your groceries on the radio face.....

A pothole big enough to do that would also result in your shock absorbers currently being in low Earth orbit with expected reentry over Australia in 3 days.....
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
              expected reentry over Australia in 3 days.....
              Ducking (I'm in Australia)

Comment

I think that the point was that the screen was defective to the point that hitting a pothole broke it. That would have left, most likely, a single crack.

A radiating or "spider web" break, as pictured, is from an impact.
                Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                Save the Ales!
                Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

maybe something went flying when they hit the pothole

Comment

Quoth dawnfire View Post
                    maybe something went flying when they hit the pothole
                    Like his fist?
                    AkaiKitsune
                    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                      Like his fist?
                      most likely

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                        Like his fist?
                        Or the unopened can of beer in it.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                          Or the unopened can of beer in it.
                          **** Looks around ******

Here hold my beer and watch this.....

*****RM sneaks away to a dark corner ********
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                            Does a car warranty exist that covers pothole damage?
                            Road hazard coverage exists for tires, and this is supposed to be the sort of thing it covers. Although it's probably restricted to proper roads; something that used to be a road 20 years ago should be regarded as your own risk.

Comment

The pot hole hit ti would take to crack a radio screen would likely remove a wheel in the process.
                              I've seen cars hit by and driven into large heavy objects, totaling them and the radio screen is fine, may be in the back seat now, but not cracked- much less like in the pic.
                              AkaiKitsune

Comment

Working...
                              X