Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had big ass storms of the "Noah, Line 1" variety the other day. People were calling in to report their cable being out (which is fine, helps get the problem fixed since we get a better idea of the area affected) but one lady threw me for a loop.

I asked her how long the cable was out, and she didn't know because her power was out and thusly she had no clock to look at.

I mean, I guess technically her cable was out, but she was asking how long it would take. I guess I'll just pick up the Bat-Phone we have to the power company and find out?
    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

OK, I have to nominate myself for giving a receptionist at the local medical centre a WTF? moment. I was there for a consultation and extremely tired and woozy due to the flu. Wandered up to the counter to advise them of the doctor I was booked in to see - a lovely woman whose first name was Susan and surname started with B. Operating on complete autopilot, I announced I was here to see 'Dr Shirley Bassey'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirley_Bassey

The receptionist cracked up and I mumbled out a shamefaced 'Doh'.

Comment

The oral stove was the best so far but I think I have a runner up.

At the gas station we had a very small selection of car air fresheners, stickers, etc, fun stuff for decorating your vehicle.

A notorious drunk SC pervert walked in and asked where the car calenders were. I'm thinking to myself, "You come here at least 3 times a day, you should know!"

He walks over to the calenders, and while I'm waiting on this pleasant little old lady, he shouts "Hey Blondie, do ya'lls gots any of those TITTIES calenders?"

My jaw hit the floor.

He walks closer, thinking I'm confused, and says "Ye know, the ones with the blonde girls with big titties? Ya gotta help me out, I'm a married man and I NEED some nice titties to look at!"

I actually did him a favor. No, no, I didn't do that...

I got out the phone book after the old lady left and I found the address to a strip club out in bum egypt about 30 miles away.

He was so drunk I bet he got pulled over less than 10 miles later on his way to see some TITTIES!
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Hmm...my best WTF moment...

Had to be an older gentleman who came up to the service counter insisting that he'd seen on TV that if you bring in an old computer, you'd get $10 in cash. He couldn't name the station, nor could his wife. He couldn't say what show he was watching, just that he'd seen it for the first time that day. At least he had the sense to leave the thing in the car.

Now, I work at Target. We don't SELL computers. But, occasionally, various stores will cooperate with local projects to do things like collect old cell phones for recycling. It was a bit of a stretch, especially since we're told about said projects 2-4 weeks in advance, but I called my mnaager.

It took almost 45 minutes and we were bumped up 3 levels on a phone call to corporate (I was eventually connected to the corporate advertising department!) before they finally concluded that it was something on the local level, probably at just one store--if it was a Target at all. The couple walked out still insisting it was us, and they'd be back as soon as they saw the commercial again and we'd know they were right.
          It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
            "Honey, I think I broke the computer guy." "He rebooted himself." Those two statements nearly made me spit out my gum. XD
            I got a strange call a couple of years ago from a relative
            who had bought her first PC. Short and to the point:

"I think my boyfriend deleted the Internet."

Oooops! No more websites for us to visit! No email! No...

It turned out he had only managed to delete the Internet Explorer icon from the
            desktop.

Comment

A big WTF moment I remember was when I was pushing carts at Target. One of the local weirdos that hang out in the parking lot came up to me and started to ramble incoherantly, something about the guys by the bridge. After listening to his nonsense for a few minutes he gave me five bucks and then left.
              "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

"ok, this is a grocery store..."

I had a visual WTF moment when a guy and his wife came into the store I work at. It seemed like such the stereotype of your pompus rich person with their animal of choice (his being a small dog...forgot the breed). To continue, he swiped a credit card (with dog in tow in the other arm), and a woman's name came up. I questioned it, and he replied: "It's a joint account!" To wit, I stated it didn't matter as we visually verify signatures. He got huffy, and the wife signed her name, and that was that (well, I did ask another co-worker if the manager on duty knew this man brought in his dog to a grocery store, and she replied that they were talked to). I wonder why a lot of people think they can get away with anything nowadays (like leave your dog at your climate-controlled home or kennel)?
                HI, I'M NEW TO ALL OF THIS wave of approval ™©®

Comment

I've heard of someone who had a WTF moment. can you please bag my toilet paper I don't want the neighbors to see it?
                  Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

"Do you have any toys for adults?"
                    I almost lost it. I couldn't tell if the person was joking or not, they looked kinda disapointed when I said we didn't. They seemed to have all screws in order up top, so I don't know, I just look back and scratch my head.
                    It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
                    ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

At least he hadn't demanded to know about the horse's doovers.

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post

Why this car is automatic
                        *BAWMP*
                        It's systematic
                        *BAWMP*
                        It's hy-y-y-y-y-dromatic
                        *BAWMP*
                        Why it's grease lightning! (Grease lightning)

(sorry, I had to..........)

I love that movie. That is one of the better movies, I have ever seen.

I am always have a WTF???? moment........
                        .....Every time the main owner has an idea
                        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

While my sister was a nurse, she told me that a daughter of one of the patients was visiting her father who earlier that day had had a tube removed from his throat due to his recovery from an operation. While daughter was visiting, the father started coughing. The daughter decided that the cough must be something serious and asked my sister to take a look in the man's throat to see if his vulva was swollen. My sister said she just stared at the daughter for a moment and got the man a drink of water as a throat can become irritated from those tubes. The daughter again demanded that my sister look into the man's throat to check his vulva. My sister complied while biting her lip and announced that his uvula looked fine. Daughter again asked how his vulva looked.

My sister said she had to be very diplomatic while she explained what a vulva was and why the father would not have one - and that even if he did, its location would not allow it to be checked out from inside the throat.
                          "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                          .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth Rabegwynn View Post
                            Yes, I have had a WTF moment. It was when I worked for Starbucks. A customer orders a caramel frap and a lemon loaf. All is cool until...

Me: Ok, sir, that'll be x.xx.

SC: I'd like the lemon loaf blended into the frap.

Me: Are you sure?

SC: Yes, don't argue with me!

Then he has the nerve to complain that the frap tasted like shit, and we had to make another caramel frap and give him a fresh lemon loaf. Some people!

My WTF moments at that store usually occured with other employees. I didn't have a regular store and I didn't have training, so i basically read all the training manuals and taught myself - therefore, I was fairly knowledgeable. I had one time where a customer asked for a drink that the girl at the cash register swore we didn't have and she was giving him an attitude asking if he wanted something else - I think he asked for an espresso macchiato and she kept saying "you mean caramel macchiato"? I finally walked over there, punched the button on her till, and said "i'll make it". She still couldn't believe we had the drink.

Also when the Silk soy milk first came to the stores and wasn't available for sale, there was a newsletter that came by that said if a customer asked to buy the soy milk, we should sell it. SO our asst. manager is standing at the register telling this customer we can't sell it to them.... Um aren't you the asst. manager? Shouldn't you know what's going on??

Then we had this poor old man asking about having employees help out as this historic landmark Christmas thing - we were advertising some kind of community awareness projects or something. This same asst. manager had the weirdest conversation - I don't remember it but I do remember looking at him with the face and feeling really sorry for the old man b/c the old man still had some sense in him and was dealing with an asst. manager w/ no sense...

all this and I never did get promoted........

Comment

Back in my hotel days, I had one guy storm up to the desk and demand a new pillow. I asked him what was wrong with the current one and he threw it at me and said that its spine was broken.

Silly me, of course! We normally just use the Great White Belgian Pillows in our hotel, and they are invertabrates. Obviously you must of found one of the Wild African Beige Pillows, which does have a primitive Endo-skeleton. Unfortunately, the African Beige is endangered and you have obviously killed it by breaking its spine. I'm afraid the authorities ill want a word with you.

Comment

I was working at a library many years ago, and one of the reference librarians got this one...

A SC was desperate to get her hands on a copy of "The Bridges are mad, and I'm counting". It wasn't until they got to the description, including that it was a new movie that just came out with Brad Pitt in it.... (The Bridges of Madison County)
                                When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Working...
                                X