This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive up Teller Woes

I used to think being at drive up is great but sometimes I have no patience for some customers. Okay, at our branch, we have two drive up tubes and we have a call and send button. Our glass is soundproof so we can't hear a word hence the reason why we have CALL buttons. Some idiots would talk and talk, not even pushing the CALL button. One time, a customer was talking while my head was down and she tells me she doesn't appreciate me ignoring her! I mean, its right in front of their faces! I also can't stand some customers who will just STARE at you while you are helping them. I am a very paranoid person and them looking at me makes me feel so uncomfortable! Its like, what the hell are they looking at? I am just depositing your check, nothing important! I can understand customers just galancing back and forth but some people will just stare at you like they can't look at something else! I also can't stand "can i have my balance" customers. Why can't they find out their own balances? And if their balance isn't right, they complain to us. I am not spending 10 minutes explaining to you why your account is that! Not to mention the "i don't have a deposit slip" customers. People need to be ready at the drive up or esle people would get really pissed off!

Ahh me!

You would hate me then, I always ask for a balance.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

My bank puts the balance on the slip they send back with either cash or nothing... just to avoid that problem. It's pretty nice.
      Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
      Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
      The Office

Comment

I worked a brief stunt as a teller at a credit union several years ago, so I know exactly how you feel. Also, how about those dopes who hold up the entire line because they hadn't filled out their slips or had anything ready. That's one reason why the lines are so long. And you get yelled at constantly because apparently it's your fault they are overdrawn. Being a bank teller should be a relatively fun and easy job in theory, but it was one of the most stressful jobs I ever had.

Comment

Quoth Shabo View Post
          My bank puts the balance on the slip they send back with either cash or nothing... just to avoid that problem. It's pretty nice.
          Ooh that's nice I wish my bank did that. It seems to make sense to do that - I don't keep a checkbook because I very rarely write checks. So I have to go online to look up what I've got - or ask at the bank. If I'm already out and heading somewhere and want to know my balance b/c I won't be going to home to look it up, then I don't see what the big deal is. Maybe it's more difficult to do the balance than I thought it was??

Comment

You have drive in banks? Cool!
            No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Quoth Shabo View Post

Every bank I've dealt with does that. How come yours doesn't?

In any case, the bank I deal with now has signs at the drive up tellers, including having deposit slips ready as well as allowing only five transactions at one time. As for those that ask for their balance anyway, why don't they know this themselves? And then, why do they think it's your fault when theirs does not match what you say?

I do have a favorite pet peeve regarding banks. Mine are the people who go up to the teller, then try to withdraw money they don't have. These are the same people who go day after day not knowing how much money they have in their account, let alone whether or not they even have any to withdraw, yet it's always someone else that causes that problem.

Comment

I use the phone for balance checks. Or an ATM. Or the Internet. No point in wasting someone else's time with it when there are so many automated options.

I haven't seen vacuum tubes in forever. Not since I was old enough to even think about having a bank account.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth MoonChild2007 View Post
                  I used to think being at drive up is great but sometimes I have no patience for some customers. Okay, at our branch, we have two drive up tubes and we have a call and send button. Our glass is soundproof so we can't hear a word hence the reason why we have CALL buttons. Some idiots would talk and talk, not even pushing the CALL button. One time, a customer was talking while my head was down and she tells me she doesn't appreciate me ignoring her! I mean, its right in front of their faces! I also can't stand some customers who will just STARE at you while you are helping them. I am a very paranoid person and them looking at me makes me feel so uncomfortable! Its like, what the hell are they looking at? I am just depositing your check, nothing important! I can understand customers just galancing back and forth but some people will just stare at you like they can't look at something else! I also can't stand "can i have my balance" customers. Why can't they find out their own balances? And if their balance isn't right, they complain to us. I am not spending 10 minutes explaining to you why your account is that! Not to mention the "i don't have a deposit slip" customers. People need to be ready at the drive up or esle people would get really pissed off!

Ahh me!
                  I can understand how those issues would be annoying, but I do have a couple of customer counterpoints to consider, too. Yeah, I'm not crazy about the bank I use right now compared to other banks I've used in the past....

Anyway, I do periodically request to know the balance the bank shows so I can compare it to what I have written in the checkbook. I'm not perfect at remembering to write everything down even though I've gotten good at keeping receipts. Even if I have everything written down, I don't always get my math right if I'm in a hurry or otherwise distracted while balancing the checkbook. I tend to do a lot of those activities while sitting in front of the TV. I can see both sides of that issue.

I'm also guilty of not always having deposit slips. It seems that checkbook printers never print enough deposit slips, and I use the check card much more often than I write checks. The last bank I used always gave adequate blank slips on which I just wrote my account number, but my current bank doesn't want to do that. I've reapeatedly asked for blank deposit slips because I think it would be easier to have all that stuff ready, and I always run out of deposit slips long before I run out of checks. I don't get their logic on that one, but oh well. This bank's way of doing business makes no sense to me compared to other banks I've used.
                  The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

i dont know if its a charge thing but if i want my balance and im not at home i go to the atm... because it has a check balance opition...

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post

I'm also guilty of not always having deposit slips. It seems that checkbook printers never print enough deposit slips, and I use the check card much more often than I write checks. The last bank I used always gave adequate blank slips on which I just wrote my account number, but my current bank doesn't want to do that. I've reapeatedly asked for blank deposit slips because I think it would be easier to have all that stuff ready, and I always run out of deposit slips long before I run out of checks. I don't get their logic on that one, but oh well. This bank's way of doing business makes no sense to me compared to other banks I've used.

I always run out of those deposit slips also. I wish they made a like a little book, just like how the checks are.
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I'm probably gulity of being one of those SC's. Granted, I've never seen those drive up things until I moved out here and went I did my first one I didn't know what I was doing either... Needless to say after my first experience of embarassing myself, I always go inside.

Comment

Yeah, you can always buy an extra book of deposit slips. It's only a small amount of money, but still..... I think it's silly to have to buy extra deposit slips just so I can deposit money in my account when the bank could provide blank deposit slips as a courtesy to account holders. After all, I may not make much money, but they're earning interest like crazy off the small balance which sits in my account and I don't see any of that. My previous bank did it willingly, and it worked out great for me that way. I guess I just got used to it. The only reason I use a different bank now is that I moved to another town, and I really don't want to drive an hour to the nearest branch of my old bank. I don't really think that's too much of an entitlement attitude considering that some banks seem all too willing to charge $30 a pop if a service requires more than pushing a couple of computer buttons. Maybe it's just my own opinion, but that really aggravates me.
                          The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Its not so much the balances, its the customers who will question it and waste your time complaining about it.

Whoever has worked at drive up, can somebody explain to me why some customers will stare you down? I can't stand that. Its like, I am just depositing your check, nothing to see here!

Comment

Wow, my bank (a credit union) has never required deposit slips . . . even when depositing into a checking account. They do everything in the computer and print out a receipt (with the account balance on it as well). And the drive up tellers only require ID and your bank card with the cash (except I lost my bank card a long time ago, but have the number memorized).
                              This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X