Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Sucky, but Strange Nonetheless.....

Ok, my shop is doing a deal on books. ALL BOOKS are 3 for 2! I think it is a great deal! Anyway...on with the show...........................

Yesterday, this guy comes up with 2 huge atlases. One is a street atlas of London and one is a road atlas of Britian. I inform him that all books are 3 for 2 so he can get another (£10.99 or less) for free. He goes to look.

About 10 minutes later, a guy comes up (he looks alot like the guy who I just served with the atlases) with another atlas. I assume it is the same guy, so I ring him up for the 3 atlases, he pays £34.98 and leaves.

About 5 minutes later, the original atlas guy comes up and asks where his atlases are. OOPS!!!!! I tell him that I sold them to a guy who looked like him (he even had the same color outfit). He finds other copies of his atlases and we laugh. He pays for 3 books and leaves.

Now, I am still confused. Why did the second guy allow me to sell him 3 atlases when he only wanted one? And it is not like they were small books. They were HUGE atlases. I had to use 2 bags!!!!! How could he NOT have noticed that it that I gave him 2 bags for one book and that he paid almost £35.00 for one atlas???!!!

He never called or came back to return them. I am waiting for him to come in a week later and yell at me.

Funny, huh?
    "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

Maybe the guy was an atlas collector or something like that. My customers were all weird so, I'm gonna take the least-likely scenario on this one. That or he has alot of puppy cages to line, and he has a vendetta with Britain, or just atlases in general.
    It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
    ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

who knows maybe he thinks that it was buy 1 get 2 free and didnt bother to check the price of them.

maybe they were twins seperated at birth and that kind of thing happens to him all the time lol.
      "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Quoth queenbb View Post
        maybe they were twins seperated at birth and that kind of thing happens to him all the time lol.
        Or, the second one is a copy of him, sent back from the future, and he HAD to buy those two atlases, to keep the continuity of his younger self in order?

You laugh, but I've had customers claim they have a future self living in the same town.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Maybe it's all your imagination. :spooky noises:
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
            Or, the second one is a copy of him, sent back from the future, and he HAD to buy those two atlases, to keep the continuity of his younger self in order?

You laugh, but I've had customers claim they have a future self living in the same town.
            now that is just werid,

haveing had an "evil twin" so to speak, i have actually lost jobs because of her cause she goes around and interviews before me, i think that she ruins the interviews for em i sware, i get to the interview and they ask me if i had interviewed with them before and i tell them i havent they dont belive me. what it really is is that this girl looks so much like me that my own cousin who i see all the time thought that she was me. people think im her all the time. for some reason i think that if we cross paths the world might come to an end lol.

my mom has the same thing happen to her, we all live in the same town, i some times wonder if they are mother and daughter, whats werider is that they drive the same cars as my mom and me.
            "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Working...
            X