This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Your Goddamn Hands Offa Me, Son

older guy came up to me. "oh, that's a nice shirt. where did you get it? is it silk? can i...touch it?" he was already reaching for it, and if i hadn't backed up a pace, he would've had his hand full of B&NGoddess breast. and then a mouthful of broken teeth.

we've got pins on our nametags advertising harry potter 7. my pin happens to rest...between two peaks, let's say. he reached for that. "is that a 7?"

ok, now you're asking for a kick in the nuts. and then my coworker, who is the former marine and more than a little unstable comes to stand behind the guy. he was in a car accident, so his arms in a sling, so the guy says, "wow, don't tangle with girls named B&NG. you didn't rat her out, huh?"

"yeah, cuz he knows i'd break his other arm." not amused.

and then the guy corners two other customers after we made the closing announcement. couldn't get him to leave, he just kept talking and wouldn't take a damn hint.

he came in the next day, too, but i ran away and hid. i don't need that drama.
    Kim: She's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

I'd like to exercise my constitutional right to not give a fuck.

Ugghh *shudder*

If only he'd tried that and you were wearing one of these:

http://www.no-contact.com

Comment

What the hell is it about bookstores that makes customers think they can touch and grope and stalk the employees? ARRRGGGHH.

Can you really buy that jacket? I want one for holiday shopping in the mall when people slam into you.
      If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

Comment

Quoth Best Made Tacos View Post

wow. as a tech head, I think it's cool.

As a guy, it scares the hell out of me.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Luna View Post
          What the hell is it about bookstores that makes customers think they can touch and grope and stalk the employees? ARRRGGGHH.

Can you really buy that jacket? I want one for holiday shopping in the mall when people slam into you.
          Glad I haven't had any stalkers yet. Just the crazies that loaf around.

Comment

I need that jacket!!! It looks cool, and there really is something empowering about knowing that if someone touches you, you can run 80,000 volts through their grabbly little paws.
            The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

I was reminded of this when I was watching the Sci-Fi Channel last night and there was a 'you are watching Sci-fi' segment before the programme. It had a guy sidle towards to a woman at a bus shelter. The woman's coat immediately turns all spiky, with 2 foot long spikes. Guy immediately backs off.
              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth B&NGoddess View Post
                he was already reaching for it, and if i hadn't backed up a pace, he would've had his hand full of B&NGoddess breast. and then a mouthful of broken teeth..
                Some people might think it is worth it.

Quoth Best Made Tacos View Post
                Ugghh *shudder*

That's pretty shocking! (No pun inteneded, well, there was, really). Nikolai Tesla would be proud!

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                I was reminded of this when I was watching the Sci-Fi Channel last night and there was a 'you are watching Sci-fi' segment before the programme. It had a guy sidle towards to a woman at a bus shelter. The woman's coat immediately turns all spiky, with 2 foot long spikes. Guy immediately backs off.
                You meat me to it!

Seriously, I don't know what people think. They wouldn't walk up to a stranger out on the street and do that. The most I'll ever off to do in a store is shake someone's hand if they've been very helpful, unless they're a really, really good friend.
                Quote Dalesys:
                ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                  I LOVE that commerical! Too bad us women can't do that. I can't stand men who just like to touch women although they don't know us.

Comment

Can I add that to the list of superpowers I wish I had (well, it would probably go along with polymorphism)? I so want that jacket.

I get some weirdos as well, with the problem being I'm the only one in the store at that time so I can't hide/foist them off on someone who can deal with them quickly

Most of them aren't that bad, but a couple...oy. There was one old guy who came in asking about comic books and pulp novels. We're a sci-fi/fantasy/gaming store. That's it. No psych books, no hardboiled detective yarns, no superhero comics. He was throwing out names that were halfway similar to known SF authors, but when I offered those authors I got yelled at "that's not what I want!" (well, if you could be more specific...). Then I got complained at when he stayed past closing, thus preventing me from doing closing duties in a timely manner.
                    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 07-11-2007, 05:22 PM.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                      As a guy, it scares the hell out of me.
                      How about this?
                      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
                        As far as I am concerned, if they are close enough to get that, then they are already WAYYYY to fucking close, and I have already been incredibly violated. Not to mention the fact that the only real damage that would do would be to the woman everytime she sat down.
                        The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

You poor thing! I'm sorry that repulsive old lech did that to you. If he ever tries again (that is, if he hasn't been banned from the store) by all means knee him in the groin!
                          "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
                            As far as I am concerned, if they are close enough to get that, then they are already WAYYYY to fucking close, and I have already been incredibly violated. Not to mention the fact that the only real damage that would do would be to the woman everytime she sat down.
                            I remember hearing about some sort of self defense mechanism that women who lived in 3rd world countries could have installed. It was essentially a bear trap for bad boys who weren't welcome, if ya get my drift. That was because of the insane amount of unwanted attentions women have in those countries, and it was to help them out. But can you just imagine if someone was actually trying to have consensual relations and the woman forgot it was there? I don't think that any amount of "Sorry baby" would help him forgive her!
                            Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                            Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                            The Office

Comment

A real-life vagina dentata? Yikes O_o
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                              X