Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Gabrielle Proctor;158289Ugh, I know what you mean. I like summertime, but I hate sweating in my cleavage. It makes my bra so uncomfortable for me. But I would never think of putting money in there! Money goes in a pocket or a wallet...or if I lack pockets, it goes in my boyfriend's pocket.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know the feeling. I seldom if ever lack pockets, though. I FIND something with pockets. The man of the household doesn't deserve to handle my cash.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
      I seldom if ever lack pockets, though. I FIND something with pockets. The man of the household doesn't deserve to handle my cash.
      I tend to throw on a jacket or hoodie just for that purpose. I hate going out without some type of pockets--I even specifically look for sweat pants with pockets because of that.
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

LOL my best friend made me a beautiful formal dress (green velvet)... and added invisible pockets in the sides because she knows how much I HATE not having pockets! That dress is one-of-a-kind, I think.
        What a wonderful thing humanity is-- passionate, intelligent, inquisitive, generous, fully of hope and joy, noble of spirit, and above all... delicious! -- LaCroix

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
          Cinema customers often hold their tickets in their teeth. Popcorn in one hand, drink in the other, ticket in their teeth.

Or what's worse is when they come out of the toilet, then give you their ticket to rip and it's wet. And I'm thinking, "I really hope that is because you just washed your hands...."
          which is why every day at that job I worshipped the manager who taught me how to rip tickets one-handed, and the people who thought it was funny to not let their tickets go? I was just that damned good that I didn't need them to. The look on their face was always priceless, going from "Whacha gonna do now, monkey?" to in half a second.

And luckily, I only ever had one woman pull anything out of her bra to pay, and the whole time I was trying not to go myself.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
            Ugh, I know what you mean. I like summertime, but I hate sweating in my cleavage. It makes my bra so uncomfortable for me. But I would never think of putting money in there! Money goes in a pocket or a wallet...or if I lack pockets, it goes in my boyfriend's pocket.
            Oh, it's not just money. (I'm not a cashier. I was speaking about outside of work, but I'm sure these same women do it with money too.) I've had friends and peers hand me make-up, notes, IDs, pens... I had two friends in high school with D cups that thought that made it okay to use the crevice as a purse. (Although I must admit that I marvel at their power to perfectly hide things there with no lumps in the shirt or things poking out.)

Then they'd always make fun of me for not wanting to touch it, saying things like "They're just boobs!" Uh, no, it's 90 degrees out. They're not just boobs anymore...
            The icon is a bunny with a spiked collar from some carpet ad.

Comment

Quoth mischugenah View Post
              LOL my best friend made me a beautiful formal dress (green velvet)... and added invisible pockets in the sides because she knows how much I HATE not having pockets! That dress is one-of-a-kind, I think.
              I am so indescribably jealous right now.

I wish I could sew...I have a few dresses (and skirts) that could use pockets.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth mischugenah View Post
                Ooh! Green velvet AND invisible pockets! Color me jealous! Do post a pic if you can.

I'm guessing they're on the seam and have those "invisible" zippers?
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth hecubus View Post
                  That's right up there in grossness to what was my biggest money pet peeve; people who would pull their money out of their sock!
                  Quoth dalejrfan71 View Post
                  I was at a Walmart once when I saw a guy take out money that had been in the waist band of his shorts, his shorts were very sweaty by the way.
                  Quoth BusBus View Post
                  I use to collect money from hikers fresh from the trails. They pulled their money out of their (incredibly sweaty) socks/shorts/sports bras/shoes.
                  Oh boy. I can see I am going to be very popular when I say this, but.....

There ARE times when sweaty money is unavoidable, and that does NOT make the customer an SC.

WAIT! Before you start throwing Paris Hilton's garbage at me, hear me out.

As some of you know, I am a cyclist. I get out and enjoy the day on my bike, and inevitably get sweaty. Though I sweat far less than most people, I live in Florida, and am from Arizona. Sweating is unavoidable.

As a cyclist, I feel I must defend my fellow outdoorsy types, i.e., runners, hikers, swimmers (for those of you that work at the beach/pool), cyclists, walkers, etc.

There are times when there is no place to put money where it won't get sweaty. For example, if you are hiking or running, you may have pockets, but you may get sweaty enough where that won't matter. Couldn't they keep their money in a wallet? Yes....but if you have ever run, you know you don't always WANT to haul your whole wallet around. Especially if you are like me and have that big ole hugely packed overstuffed George Costanza wallet. And frankly, there have been times where I have had my money in my wallet, my wallet in my pocket, and the money was STILL damp from my exertions.

As a cyclist, I don't have pockets in my cycling shorts. I DO have pockets on the rear of my jersey, but I am not going to have my wallet back there where it (A) it could conceivably get bounced out and (B) where it is an annoying lump driving me nuts as I pedal 20 miles or more. Frankly, when I go cycling, I bring as little as I can: my keys (usually just the house keys on a small ring, so I don't have to haul the whole key chain with all the keys on it around), my cell phone (for emergencies) and a $20 bill (for emergencies, like a bottle of Gatorade or a cab if I get a flat or whatnot). Now, with no wallet, and my cell phone clipped to my waistband so it won't fall out, where do you think I can keep that emergency Jackson? Right...either in my waistband or in my sock/shoe. Though to my credit "in my waistband" means between the pair of "standard" biker shorts I wear underneath and the outer padded shorts I wear over them, so not not actually touching my skin. That being said, the bill is still going to get sweaty. It will be much drier in my shoe/over my sock, but people tend to be....uh....put off by my pulling money out from my foot.

Look, money has been far grosser places and absorbed far nastier things than the above situations, and we all know it, even if we are not going to admit it. Do some people seemingly go out of their way to be gross, putting their money in places they don't need to? Yes. I am not defending them. Are some people with money SCs for being assholes in addition to giving you sweaty money? Yes, and I am not defending them either.

But please, for the love of LeMond, don't lump all of us who may have somewhat damp money in with every gross, asshatting, rude, despicable sucky customer. Because we're not them. Most of us will apologize for gross money if we offer it, but the state of the money is not intentional. It's just that, at those times, we get a bit....er, uh....damper than usuall.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Hmmm, anyone ever thought about marketing a small, water-proof pouch on some sort of band that's designed to be worn during exertion? I think a lanyard might chafe too much, but how about a wrist-band?

If you wanted to go up-market, throw a watch on with it. It wouldn't be pretty, but it'd solve all the problems nicely.
                    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Dude, they actually do have wraparound velcro wrist wallets. Or they did at one time. That would be your best bet, of course, but even those could (a) chafe and (b) not always keep the money dry.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth napoleana View Post
                        I personally hate when busty women pull things out of their immense cleavage, especially in summer. It's not cute. Guys may think it's funny/cool/attractive, but guys don't wear bras. I do. And I happen to know that the bra (added to the sheer enormity of your boobs) makes your chest one of the sweatiest, nastiest parts of your body, and that collects in your cleavage.

Yes, different people sweat differently, but I'm not taking your word for it. I shall never ever touch anything that has been in your boob-space. Ew.
                        Christ, I get this all the time. I live in central CA (near Fresno), the Tennessee of the West . Is it a redneck thing? 65% of my customers are Mexican, the rest are White Rednecks. I almost NEVER had the tittie-money thing happen when I lived in New Jersey. I had DIFFERENTLY horrid customers...

Joe

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          Dude, they actually do have wraparound velcro wrist wallets. Or they did at one time. That would be your best bet, of course, but even those could (a) chafe and (b) not always keep the money dry.
                          I was thinking of more of a space-age, Sharper Image version of one of those. The kind where they make a big deal about what the strap is made out of and how the pouch and electronics are water-proof to 100-leagues or whatever.
                          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                            I was thinking of more of a space-age, Sharper Image version of one of those. The kind where they make a big deal about what the strap is made out of and how the pouch and electronics are water-proof to 100-leagues or whatever.
                            Oh, in other words, something ridiculously overpriced that all the yuppies would buy even if they don't have a real use for it, and the people who could really benefit from would never be able to afford, and would not give two shits about buying it if they could because all the yuppies have it. Is that what you were thinking of?

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              Oh, in other words, something ridiculously overpriced that all the yuppies would buy even if they don't have a real use for it, and the people who could really benefit from would never be able to afford, and would not give two shits about buying it if they could because all the yuppies have it. Is that what you were thinking of?
                              Putting it that way, yeah... But I'd make sure there was a version without the fancy biometric stuff sold under a different name for everyone else!

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                                I have this for Conventions, traveling, and when my outfit justifies it. It is awesome. No sweatiness, no fumbling for my wallet, and it looks pretty darn cool- or so it seems, I keep getting compliments about it.
                                http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/bags/918a/
                                "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

Working...
                                X