Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never got hit on myself, but I saw it happen a couple of times.

There used to be this guy who would come around to my store every few weeks. He looked about 80, always had the same badly tailored suit on, and always wore this huge, gaudy crucifix around his neck.

He'd always be walking up to employees to ask if they wanted to be saved or some such, unless the employee in question was a pretty young girl in which case he'd ask her for a date.

I actually saw one girl, a new hire about 17 years old, who looked sick and, literally, ran away five seconds after he started talking.
    "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
    "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
    --Dilbert

Comment

I've always been oblivious to this happening, except for once, when it was quite blatant! Girl buys a new phone and asks me for my number to put on it. Completely blindsided, I just laugh nervously and she leaves my till. Turns out, when a collegue served them, she asked HIM for my number as well! He didn't have it and I never saw her again... DOH!
      "Ah, he's not the first psycho to hire us, nor the last. You think that's a commentary on us?"

Comment

Quoth Janara View Post
        RG: Ahh, but anyway, if you had met the right guy, you wouldn't be with a girl. It can be nice with guys, too. I can show you!
        Me: ... (Okay, what exactly did you not understand here? Bi means I do like guys, too. Not to mention that this sort of opinion is even more ridiculous as far as lesbians are concerned.)
        At lot of people just see girls like us as sluts or challenges.. sadly not much else
        Last edited by Ree; 12-30-2007, 03:37 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting
        ~Annichka~
        Working for "Runfast" together with "Beforetel" is just super fun!

Comment

a few times for me; the most memorable are, not surprisingly, the worst ones:

as a young 22 yr old working at a pool hall:

i worked at the hall, cleaning tables, serving drinks and sandwiches behind the bar; a few harmless flirts from guys around my age and a bit older, until creepy old dude shows up and decides to hang around more often. he's about 50-60, old looking for his age, fairly kempt but always drunk, and constantly asks me to date or marry him. i quit shortly thereafter to join the military...ew.

as a 37 yr old barista:

customer walks up to my till to order, seems ok, things go well until:

me: that'll be x dollars, is there anything else we can do for you?

him: you have pretty eyes (not in a wow, that's really neat and i like it way, but in a creepy, staring 'i'm gonna follow you after you leave work' way)

me: *cringing inwardly at this revelation* um, thanks. (takes money and tries not to head into the back to feel safe)

guy picks up his drink, then sits at a table with a view of my till, looking at me frequently, causing me to want to hide in the back until further notice.

i don't remember any flattering ones specifically, sadly enough.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I've had a few guys thinking I sound gay invite me to "test the strength of the beds"... that's about all I ever get... sadly I sound cuter than I look apparently.
            Oh I did have a lady call me cutie pie today... that was weird.
            My roommate gets it much worse than I think most of the people at the center

... oh and I must admit I'm guilty of flirting with the old security guard (old as in the one no longer there, not old as in an old lady, she was actually young 20s... btw, i'm 21 in case you were wondering)... too bad she got transferred
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I'm an overweight balding white dude and not the most attractive thing on two legs, but for some reason I occasionally trip a switch in black women. Bear in mind that I'm not opposed to interracial relations (pretty comes in all colors, guys), but I do think it's odd that I get that kind of attention.

The first was at a little dollar store at a small town in South Georgia. A very married (but quite good-looking) woman named Angela started throwing innuendo my way. Not taking it seriously, I would throw it back, sometimes even when we had customers at our registers.

The second notable instance was a few years later up in the Windy City. At a job I held at FAO Schwarz, we had a lady (a twenty-something) that worked in the doll department who just LOVED hugging up on me every chance she got. She was kinda cute, so I didn't mind so much.

I'm flattered by the attention I got, but baffled at the same time.
              "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

That's a funny coincidence, Mike T, because while I was reading this thread I remembered perhaps the only time in my life when I ever got hit on. Maybe.

It was when I was in my 40s, and had just started a new relationship with my soon to be 2nd wife. I was standing at a bus stop in the centre of town, and a lovely looking black lass in her early 20s walked up to me and said "Excuse me, don't I know you from somewhere?" (what the hell, that's my line, you are misreading the script!)

We established quite quickly that we were total strangers, but the whole exchange left me bemused, and a bit sad - did I just miss the opportunity of my life, and what would I have done if it had been a pickup line and I had realised it early enough to respond appropriately...

Comment

Trying to think of specifics:

1. Guy who owned strip club- VERY cute, very much of a charming scoundrel. Husband tolerated him, I guess because he was not creepy and not really even serious. Just a sexy, flirty guy. Used to joke about me coming to dance at his club. (embarassing secret #79798: I had a little crush on him. )

2. Local musician- "The banjo playing dog" as my husband referred to him. Husband couldn't stand him. (for a while, husband and I worked both worked at Kinkos.) Probably because he was only half joking and georgeous. Married, and I know I wouldn't appreciate my husband flirting like he did with other women.

3. Local famous artist- used to hit on girls by saying they'd make good models and he'd like to paint them. Nice try, fellah, but every artist in this town comes in here and says that. He was a nice man and an easy customer, though. I liked him well enough.

4. Pretty much all the skeezier of the artists in town. #3 is actually legit, so it dissappointed me to see him stoop to the level of the basement perverts I talk about in this entry. Predictably, these guys were always saying "I'm an artist. You'd make a great model, would you pose for me?" Yeah, read between the lines there. Nice try, guys. I bet you say that all the girls...oh, wait. Yeah. You DO say that to all the girls.

5. Local famous architect- actually called the store and respectfully asked me to have dinner with him. Had to decline, as I was married (he didnt' know that), but told him I was flattered and thanked him. Super nice guy. I'd have gone had things been different, he was sweet and a good conversationalist.

6. Local magician- kept running into this guy in and out of work. Attractive, sweet, fun. Confessed he wished I wasn't married because he's always liked me. Aw! I would have dated this guy.

7. My favorite taxi driver- great big fat guy, played the tuba in an oompa band, great sense of humor. Asked me "did I want to have an affair with an old bald fat guy." Well, no, but if I wasn't married, I'd have gone out with him. I loved talking to him, he was funny as hell and quite charming!

8. Owner of coffee shop. Never openly hit on my, but did a very poor job of hiding the fact that he was smitten. He used to bring me coffee beans and ask after the husband (in an attempt to see if he was still around). Always gallant, he would invite us both to his shop for various shows and give us both freebees. Real class act, always sweet and respectful. This went on for years. I hope he found someone nice, he's a good guy. Again, I'd have dated him.

9. Rapper. "I don't mean any disrespect, but you're the sexiest woman I've ever seen." Thanks for the boost, guy! Some guys dig that librarian look.

Comment

For the record, I am a teenager and a high school senior, on my way to the local state university. Also for the record, I know it is abnormal to be in such a committed relationship before you lose your minor status, but oh, well, the girlfriend and I are right for each other. (Yes, I know I sound like a naive little kid, but oh, well.)

The other day I was in the local hobby shop looking around, and and a very pretty female customer around my age is bitching out the new guy at the shop because he doesn't know where to find the thing she wants, and was going to go and ask his superviser.

I decide to save him the trouble, walk over, and direct her to her section. She apparently thought I was an employee, and asked me: "Why's a cute guy like you working at a geeky store like this?"

My reaction was, keeping a straight face: "Well, although I don't actually work here, if I did, it would be because I hear they pay relatively well, and I'm saving up to put a ring on my girlfriend's finger."

I was flattered, but the better feeling was laughing about it with this guy once she had left.
                    "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

I confess that I am guilty of hitting on employees (ducks) but I am respectful. Please don't throw things at me. Reading through this made me think of the sleazes this one coworker dealt with. Cool thing about her though was she wasn't afraid of them, she shot them down and she let it be known.

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                      7. My favorite taxi driver- great big fat guy, played the tuba in an oompa band, great sense of humor. Asked me "did I want to have an affair with an old bald fat guy." Well, no, but if I wasn't married, I'd have gone out with him. I loved talking to him, he was funny as hell and quite charming!
                      Now there's a guy who's able to laugh at himself!
                      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
                        Why did I picture The Todd from Scrubs there?

EXACTLY! He is always making innuendos.

Unfortunately, I never get hit on @ work by females my age. I have had a few older ladies, which are regulars, tell me they are surprised that someone as good looking and nice as me, is single. But they're probably just making small talk.

Tex
                        Last edited by Ree; 12-30-2007, 03:38 AM.
                        Dr. Turk: Yo, Elliot... what's your ringtone?
                        Dr. Reid: "Jesus, Take the Wheel" by Carrie Underwood.
                        The Todd: "I'm carrying under wood right now. See, that's funny because it's true."

Comment

ok, question, does standing at the urinal next to someone and doing the "hey you look good nod" while doing the looking up and down with the eyes count as flirting/hitting on... if so I just had a coworker flirt with/hit on me... most disorienting.
                          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Only if the person doing the looking and nodding says "Nice dick."

Seriously, I thought looking at another guy while peeing was strictly a big no-no in the little boys' room?

Comment

I think I can quite honestly say I have never been hit on at work (Boo!) either in my current job nor any other.
                              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth napoleana View Post
                                Aside from my "real job," I work as the "Info Girl" for the local anime convention, and I regularly peruse our message boards for people who might need, well, info. (I also have the power to delete most spam and troll posts, as I have a lot of free time. Yay!)

This guy whose username was "dead" (clever, this one ) had posted a thread about how we should have conbadges color coded by age. Though he didn't say it, it seemed pretty obvious that his intentions were to know without asking which ones were f***able and not waste his time. (A HUGE pet peeve of mine is to talk about how your choice to flirt with unavailable/illegal women is a waste of your time.)
                                reminds me of a con I attended. The prize for best in-character cosplay went to a girl who dressed as Chii from Chobits. For weeks afterwards, every third thread on the con forum was "Where's the girl who played Chii?" or "That Chii chick was hot".

edit: The next year I cosplayed as Vash from Trigun, I won nothing but a lot of people said I was better than the other Vash.

Comment

Working...
                                X