Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harry finds out he has a Great Uncle named Sherman, who was a surgeon. (Saw that one in the newspaper this morning.)
    Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Harry went to train with the Turtle Hermit in Japan somewhere, then returned to defeat Voldemort with a well-placed Kamehameha.

::ducks flying fruit::

Comment

Quoth Shengirl View Post
        Harry went to train with the Turtle Hermit in Japan somewhere, then returned to defeat Voldemort with a well-placed Kamehameha.

::ducks flying fruit::
        But wait, wouldn't he need, like, five more books to power up?
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

It turns out that the whole 7 years were just a really awesome acid trip by Sirius. Because you know that he totally is a druggie.
          It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
          ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            Try to find a non-remastered copy. They butchered the sound levels when they redid it.

Seriously, the scene with the cab driver, where he's got the girl in his apartment and Open Arms is playing on the radio. The cabbie goes and turns the radio up to the max, but the sound on the remaster has it barely loud.

That movie was engineered to be animation first, music second, and dialogue a distant third. The remaster has animation and dialogue as priorities and puts the music a distant third. Gah... they just don't freaking get it.

^-.-^
            we had a copy that was a boot leg of sorts, we watched it every saturday night along with a clock work orange. and when the 20th anniversary came out, we reserved our copy and were first in line to buy it when the place opened.

even though we were happy that the copy we had now did not have tracking problems we were now gone, (and in the middle of dens sequence when hes growing and falling) the sound was ok, but not as good, and we put it on my surround sound in the living room and watched it, we were not truly disapointed.

when i broke up with that guy he kept the vcr copy, and the cell that came with it (the jerk) and my new boyfriend bought me the dvd, and as you said the sound was not as good as it was suppose to be but the extra features made up for it.

it was also the movie that got me started on adult animation, and in to anime after that.
            "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
              you people are just WIERD (in a good twisted way)
              Thank you!

I'd say I tried, but it just comes naturally.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Ahh, my D & D days and endless nights come back to me...

We were playing a White Dwarf scenario, and were trapped in a large subterranean cavern. We were looking through our loot to see if there was something that would help us past the invulnerable Wind Monster (!) that was blocking the way out.

We found a strange amulet with holes in it, and one of the players who had done the scenario before (but had promised not to give spoilers) said "Oh yeah, you tie that to a string, spin it around in the air, and the noise sends the Wind Monster to sleep!"

So the GamesMaster angrily replied, "No, it doesn't!"

It took us over a week of ingame time to tunnel our way out.....

Comment

You know, I was in a full team fighting Rikti last night, and I could swear at one point two of the swarm of aliens we were fighting were White Dwarves, and I only remember that because one teammate said to concentrate on the White Dwarf, and another teammate said, "which one?"

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Only ever played D&D a few times, on the old board game; I was always the wizard... and practically everything I picked up said "Must not be used by wizard." Gah... -.-

Back on topic; how about a Star Wars type ending where Voldemort tells Harry he's his father? I can totally see that. XD
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

A friend of mine told me that someone took a plane into the air with a banner of spoilers streaming behind it. If that is true then what the hell? That's not funny. How big of a douche nozzle do you need to be to do something like that?
                      Check out my cosplay social group!
                      http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

My co-worker is an avid fan of Harry Potter. She told me she was very careful in keeping away from potential spoilers on the internet. Yesterday (I had the day off) while she was working, she overhead (had no choice in the matter) two people going through the movies. One had pointed a Harry Potter flick (an older one), other person said they weren't into Harry Potter.

"Oh, then I can tell you the ending . . ." and proceeds to describe the ending of the book and who supposedly dies. So, basically, all my co-workers' hard work went down the toilet. She told me that she literally wanted to throw something at him.

Hell, I'm not even into Harry Potter and I'm willing to read the book to find out the big climatic ending . . .
                        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
                          "Oh, then I can tell you the ending . . ." and proceeds to describe the ending of the book and who supposedly dies. So, basically, all my co-workers' hard work went down the toilet. She told me that she literally wanted to throw something at him.
                          She didn't shout "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!" at him, or just put her fingers in her ears and sing, "La la lah la la lah," and walk away?
                          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Oh you folks want to KNOW the ending..... well I can tell you the ending in a few simple words.....

FRODO LIVES!
                            New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
                            New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

I thought it was: "the ships sinks". Wait, you're not talking about Titanic?
                              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                                I thought it was: "the ships sinks". Wait, you're not talking about Titanic?
                                And I thought "Rosebud" was Harry's old sled!
                                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                                My LiveJournal
                                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                                X