Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can always give a soap opera type spin to the ending of Harry Potter. Like - "Sirius" comes back, but it's actually his evil twin, named Andre, and he's carrying on a generations old grudge against the Brady's....yeah, I've gotten semi-sucked back in to "Days of Our Lives". Sorry, rocks fall, everyone dies!

Quoth Juwl View Post
    I took out an entire goblin city with a level 3 Summoner. Seriously, one spell killed every goblin in the place. We had an Illusionist Thief in the group, and he lured them all into a single room for me. I let loose with a Summon Swarm, concentrated on the center of the pile of lures, such that, by the time the goblins made it out of the swarm, they had taken enough damage to just drop dead.
    I remember taking out black goo by dropping a block of ice on it. Anything else we had tried just split up the goo. Our D&D group wasn't one of those ultra-serious, in character ones. We spent at least 75% of the time laughing our asses off....Especially after the DM drew a canyon that greatly resembled a....a....well, just look at some Georgia O'Keeffe paintings and I think you'll get the drift.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

This thread reminds me of a Simpsons episode where Lisa meets J.K. Rowling and asks her how the book ends. J.K. responds in a disgusted tone "He grows up and marries you. Is that what you want to hear?"

I already used that line twice when people asks me how it ends
      My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Best D&D moment I've had. Bear in mind we were playing with very few rules.

The party walks into a room and there is a horde of orcs. Several hundred. I, being the fighter go into my whirling blades of death, pretty much a bladed tornado. I was doing pretty good, at about 30 kills when the mage decides to pick one up with a spell, and use him as a pendulum, killing about 20 per pass. The orc became a puddle of goo before we ran out of foes, so she simply repeated it.

And I found this for the RPers who like to laugh.

http://www.sjgames.com/munchkin/game/

Some of the stuff in there is hilarious.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

What....I thought it ended with a black page with a little mechanism that plays "any way you want it" by journey when you get to the last page
          If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
          www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            "Night falls, take damage."
            I am stealing that
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Oooh ooooh! I know....

He's really dead the whole time!

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                He's really dead the whole time!
                Now you've spoiled the end of 'The Sound of Music' for me.
                "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

*eh, hem* *in a very tiny voice* I have not seen any of the Harry Potter movies nor have I read any of the books. Sorry.
                  "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

SC: So do you know what happens in the harry potter book? I hear Harry might die!

Me: Actually I really never read Harry Potter and am more interested in older literature such as the epic Beowulf or authors such as Ernest Hemingway or Samuel Coleridge; very intelligent literature and incredibly powerful, especially Coleridge.

SC: Oh uhh...well do you think he dies?

Me: I told you that I'm not too interested in the book.

SC: ...

I've actually written a paper on Coleridge's influence on musical artists today. The research I found was quite interesting.

Comment

Coleridge - fond of the old opiates. Yes, I can see how many modern music-makers have taken his influence to heart.

Aye - some of his gear is astounding in its power. Kubla Khan is something I can still quote nearly verbatim after two decades. However, for sheer profundity, I love the line "Urine, the softly flowing daughter of fright."

Rapscallion

Comment

Funny thing. Because of another thread, I've got Winamp running right now.

Of the 2000+ songs to choose from at any moment, it decided that now was the time to play some Rush.

Can you see where I'm going?

Yup. It was playing Xanadu.

The poem.
                        The song.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I've read the book. Voldemort casts Avada Kedavra at a mirror and finishes himself off. Everyone parties down. The end.
                          It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                          -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
                            I've read the book. Voldemort casts Avada Kedavra at a mirror and finishes himself off. Everyone parties down. The end.
                            thats not exactly how it happend but good enough.
                            "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Good enough to mess with people too.
                              Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

yes this is true,

you know i never minded spoilers, it made me want to read or watch to see how it actually happend, having vauge spoilers you go wow thats a good part i want to see what lead up to that event or what ever.
                                "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Working...
                                X