This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In just two hours...(Long)

For the first time ever, as I took a shower, I thought I honestly didn't want to go to work. I've been working for almost 4 years, and I hate the new store, and I really really didn't feel like going. Buut like a good soldier, I went. Within two hours fo work I had the biggest horde of SC I've ever had. Some were humorus, some were scary, some were just.... yeah. All of this, all of it happened in just 2 hours between 10 pm and 12 am.

STUPID:

Guy came in, with a freaking PICTURE of His ID card. It was a picture of his ID card lying on a table. He said he lost his ID, and everywhere else took this as proof. Of course I didnt. Of course he spat in my face.

I work RIGHT by a 24 hour donut place. It is literrly twenty feet from our door. Naturally people come in and ask where do we keep the fresh donuts. I'll be frank, back at my old store we did sell donuts. We'd get a batch every 48 hours. Staying with me? New place doesn't have donuts, (Cept Dolly's, which are cheap hostage basically) because there is, 24 hour donut place next to us. After the third one asking where frehs donuts are, I asked why not go to Winchells. He answered that Plaid Donuts are fresher.

Had another guy come in with a freaking notebook size paper picture of his enlarge ID. He said it was valid. It isn't. He left, he said he understood but didn't like it. No problems otherwise.
    SOMEWHAT SCARY:

Black older man came in. Wanted a .50 cent candy bar. Wanted to pay with 50. I for once had the chance, so I was going to take it. It was on the counter, and I was about to check it with the counterfiet pen, when he grabbed it, saying he doesn't want to spend his money at a place that assumes all black people have fake money. Loudly. In front of lots of other people. I thought the skinheads heatiing burritos were going to beat him the way they were looking at him.

Man came in. Pointed to ciggerettes, and demanded a pack of 'those'. I asked which one, as he, well pointed to the ciggerettes rack where I have thousands of cigs. He shouted THOSE, without pointing which one. I grabbed a pack of Camels, thinking maybe those. He shouted F you, and stormed out. Apperently I grabbed the wrong kind.

Two teens come in. Grab two 18 packs of bud, and two 12 packs of bud light, and got out. In 58 seconds. All off camera. They knew what they were doing.

HUMORUS.
    This one might sound somewhat racist, and I don't mean it, I just found it funny after working under my boss for so long, (She's from China). A asian girl came in, dressed with baggy clothes and a hat, with a tattoo of a tear under her eye.
    "You gimme 2 blac'n'mild anna newport!" (She litterly sounded like a ghetto rapper from the nineties)
    I asked for her ID, and she gave me her greencard. (Which we can't accept). She shouted she f-ing hated Plaid nad Oregon cause noplace took it. Again, like a ghetto rapper.

And finally, E, or incredibly mean and rude to everyone (He was the one who tried to kill someone he thought was shoplifting, when in fact the man paid for everything, and then E took it all away, so the man took another pack of what he paid for and tried to walk out, where E tried to litterly murder him), where at our old store he got nothing but complaints, got a compliment!! The customer said he really liked Ed, and he was cool. and he was BEING SERIOUS. Ed getting a compliment is like finding gold.

ALSO: On bright side, the man who threatened my boss on how painfully and brutally he's going to murder her to our corporate office if they didn't fire her, got banned from ALL Plaids. We got a nice big fat picture of him in all stores. I know his name, and after a quick search, find he has a intresting past. Partically with destruction and other people's stuff. I also know where he lives now.

I promise I won't do anything. Illegal.

On a side note, I looked outside at 2:20 am, halfway through my shift, and saw my boss coming. She was coming in early. Nothing was even close to being done. I still managed to get it all done, just funny feeling having the boss breath down my neck as she did the order and organzed the store more.
    Last edited by Plaidman; 08-01-2007, 02:49 PM.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Your store seriously needs to adjust their cameras if people could walk in, grab beer, and walk out all without being seen on camera.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

The first guy seriously spat in your face? I know this forum does not condone violence against customers, but spitting in somebody's face, at least in Florida, is assault and I would have given him a nice shiner under his eye.

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
        The first guy seriously spat in your face? I know this forum does not condone violence against customers, but spitting in somebody's face, at least in Florida, is assault and I would have given him a nice shiner under his eye.
        I believe it is a new law in the USA, felony assault via bodily fluid. It may only apply to law enforcement officials though. Have to look that up....
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

From what I understand, it doesn't matter who you spit on; it's assault.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I worked graveyard shift in a c-store for several years, and also at K-Mart for a while. Graveyard shifts just plain suck. I do love shopping at places like Wal-Mart or Kroger at that time of night, though, because there are fewer idiots, shorter checkout lines, and parking is much better.
            The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
              Guy came in, with a freaking PICTURE of His ID card. It was a picture of his ID card lying on a table. He said he lost his ID, and everywhere else took this as proof. Of course I didnt. Of course he spat in my face.
              I had this once working at a convenience store (I've worked Graveyard shift at a variety of convenience stores). A guy came in with a photocopy of his Driver's License, and insisted that it was just as good and valid as a real Driver's License. He ranted and raved about how I was an idiot for refusing to accept it. When I finally got a word in edgewise, I asked why he had a photocopy instead of the genuine article, and he explained that the cops took his Driver's License because of a DUI.

Black older man came in. Wanted a .50 cent candy bar. Wanted to pay with 50.
              Had that happen all too often. 2 AM, a guy wants to pay for gas with a $100 bill. Sorry, I don't have that kind of change. I don't care if you're putting $50 in, I still don't have enough change.

Comment

Im glad to see you are still alive and kicking Plaid.
                http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
                Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  From what I understand, it doesn't matter who you spit on; it's assault.

^-.-^
                  Yes, but now it has been upped to a felony assault due, I suppose, to all the nasty things that can be transmitted via fluids. An officer they were interviewing on the news one night mentioned it. Some douche in a crowd they were disbursing to give firefighters more room to work spit on him.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Nekojin View Post
                    I had this once working at a convenience store (I've worked Graveyard shift at a variety of convenience stores). A guy came in with a photocopy of his Driver's License, and insisted that it was just as good and valid as a real Driver's License. He ranted and raved about how I was an idiot for refusing to accept it. When I finally got a word in edgewise, I asked why he had a photocopy instead of the genuine article, and he explained that the cops took his Driver's License because of a DUI.
                    Which makes me wonder... if the driver's license is your only form of picture ID, how *does* someone show ID when he's lost his license? I mean, having a DUI doesn't mean you can't buy liquor, or cigarettes, or do anything else requiring ID, does it?
                    You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

You can get a state issued ID.
                      It wont let you drive a car, but its an offical id
                      http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
                      Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

Quoth symposes View Post
                        It wont let you drive a car, but its an offical id
                        Yep, that or a passport or military ID should work if all you need is the name and birth date.

We need name and proof of residency for people to get Resident Library Card. Visitor and Out-of-State ones cost money.
                        I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Quoth Ill_Used_Heroine View Post
                          Yep, that or a passport or military ID should work if all you need is the name and birth date.

We need name and proof of residency for people to get Resident Library Card. Visitor and Out-of-State ones cost money.
                          Also in some cases a state issued Carry permit is valid. I sometimes show it instead of my DL and the cashiers have been known to freak-out a little.
                          Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth Canarr View Post
                            Which makes me wonder... if the driver's license is your only form of picture ID, how *does* someone show ID when he's lost his license?
                            Quoth symposes View Post
                            How come people seldom think of state-issued IDs? I had one from the time I was 17 until I was 26 when I got my DL.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                              How come people seldom think of state-issued IDs? I had one from the time I was 17 until I was 26 when I got my DL.
                              Cause they are lazy?

Comment

Working...
                              X