Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Customers chimp around with you!!

Do you ever get a customer request that is just nonsence and totally irrelevent that makes you wonder why they would ask for you to do it? here's some examples

Situation: A bag is full of groceries and is hanging with the other bags instead of them being set on the counter. The customer asks if this bag is ready.

I mean like what the hell? Why would you ask that when it's so obvious every bag goes on the counter when it's done and most likely it isn't when it's sitting with the other hanging bags

Situation: An SC asks you to hand them the clothes so they can fold it.

Ok, they don't stay folded when they are in the bag so... why can't you wait until you get home? is that necessary??

Situation: You put chemicals in a small bag, the customer wants you to put it in another bag so you assume she wants the chemicals out of the bag and into a bigger bag with stuff but she wants the smaller bag in a bigger bag.

Why make an effort to ask me for that when it takes half a second to do?
    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Quoth HALFHUMANHALFZOMBIE View Post
    Situation: You put chemicals in a small bag, the customer wants you to put it in another bag so you assume she wants the chemicals out of the bag and into a bigger bag with stuff but she wants the smaller bag in a bigger bag.

Why make an effort to ask me for that when it takes half a second to do?
    Okay, I'm with you on the others, but this one, any time I buy chemicals they automatically put it in a smaller bag, then the small bag goes in a larger bag with other items. Keeps it seperate and not contaminating things, while still keeping my carry count low.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
      Okay, I'm with you on the others, but this one, any time I buy chemicals they automatically put it in a smaller bag, then the small bag goes in a larger bag with other items. Keeps it seperate and not contaminating things, while still keeping my carry count low.
      This part is true in many ways. People will just put the smaller bag in a bigger one. It's the concept of having the customer take the effort and balls to ask me to do a task that takes 2 seconds to do. That my friend is chimping around.

If anyone is still confused of this topic It also regards any sc's who may ask tons and tons of requests and questions enough to keep someone's temper short let alone requests customers may have that are completely unnecessary. Dave1982's thread on the old man simply refusing to die is a great example.
      Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

This part is true in many ways. People will just put the smaller bag in a bigger one. It's the concept of having the customer take the effort and balls to ask me to do a task that takes 2 seconds to do. That my friend is chimping around.
        Good point, but in my secret copy of "How to be an SC Vol. 1" it says on pg. 25, "Never do anything yourself that you can make someone else do, even more so when you're in a store and it is busy. Be sure to complain if someone won't do it for you."
        If anyone is still confused of this topic It also regards any sc's who may ask tons and tons of requests and questions enough to keep someone's temper short let alone requests customers may have that are completely unnecessary. Dave1982's thread on the old man simply refusing to die is a great example.
        I hate the old "Oh, just one more question" people, because it never turns out to be just one more question. It is, in fact, always at least 4, none of which will take less than a minute to answer. And they won't let you do anything else while you answer their questions either because "you're not paying attention." No sir, I'm cleaning this because it keeps my hands from 'accidentally' bopping you with my broom!
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Ah, that's just like when you hand them their receipt, and then they hand it back to you, and ask you to put it in one of their bags, which they are already holding.
          The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Working...
          X