This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I, Apparently, Do Not Know Where I Work

To fill you in, I work at Office Depot, the company that OD is being mistaken for... is Home Depot.

ME = *Poses*
    SC = *Hangs on Cross for All To See* (A man btw)

ME: Hi there! How can I be of assistance this morning?
    SC: Power Tools!
    ME: I'm afraid we do not offer power tools on our shelves sir.
    SC: What kind of bullsh*t are you trying to feed me, this is Home Depot don't you even know where you work at?
    Me: Sir, I can assure you that you the place you are looking for is across town. You are currently standing in an Office Depot building.
    SC: No, it's home depot!
    ME: Sir, our company logo is clearly stated on my nametag, the mats on the counter, on the door, on the shelving, the walls, and the big sign outside that greets our customers everyday, I'm afraid you're in the wrong store.
    SC: No I'm in the right store, you're just a retard.
    ME: Sir I'm going to have to ask you to refrain from the personal assults. I am trying to help you, if you'd like I will even print up directions to Home Depot and give you a direct address.
    SC: Screw this, I'm going to Lowes you guys are so incompetent and never do ANYTHING right!

I honestly could not believe that he wanted to argue with me about where I WORKED AT! I mean, the level of intelligence in these people sometimes is just astounding!

How one could ever get the two stores' signs confused is beyond me...oh, wait, they both have 'Depot' in the name, that means they must be the same store!

Just curious, where is the HD in relation to your store?
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I wonder if he ever realized what an idiot he is.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

if he did realize what an idiot he was - then he was too embarassed to admit it - so he had to call YOU the idiot...... yeah that makes sense....

Comment

I'd have made him walk out to the 30 foot sign out front and read it to me. Then I would have walked back inside without another word.

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
            I'd have made him walk out to the 30 foot sign out front and read it to me. Then I would have walked back inside without another word.
            ah, but you're assuming this guy is actually smart/observant enough to read. I somehow have my doubts
            Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

It's pretty scary when people are that clueless....and then refuse to admit they made a mistake!

Me, i've done stupid things in my time, adn when caught in my stupidity, i will just laugh it off. I must admit i am guilty of asking where things are in a store, esp. if I'm really tired, and just don't feel like looking, or have looked half-heartedly. That's ALWAYS when the assoc. will point out its right in front of me! I will just laugh at myself and apologize.

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
                I must admit i am guilty of asking where things are in a store, esp. if I'm really tired, and just don't feel like looking, or have looked half-heartedly. That's ALWAYS when the assoc. will point out its right in front of me! I will just laugh at myself and apologize.
                I have you beat. I ask where stuff is in my store, and I've worked there for almost 4 years. I look hard, too.

One time I looked for something, couldn't find it, asked one of the guys and it turns out I was staring at it.

Lots of laughs.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                  One time I looked for something, couldn't find it, asked one of the guys and it turns out I was staring at it.

Lots of laughs.
                  That sort of thing happens all the time. Don't feel too bad.
                  Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                  Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                  The Office

Comment

That man is working with power tools?
                    Welcome to the board BTW.

Comment

When people are like that, I just simply walk away from them and go back to work.

When I worked at K-Mart, Toys was one of my regular areas. Some woman approached me wanting some crayons and art supplies. There was a small selection in the creative toys and dollar toys aisles, but most of those materials were located halfway across the store near the stationary and office supplies. So, I told her where the better selection of materials fitting her needs were, and pointed out the most direct route to get there.

She insisted that it would make more sense to keep all of that stuff together. Okay, whatever, maybe, I don't really care at this time of morning. The fact is that the merchandise you seek is where it is, and I know where it is by virtue of the fact that I work here. (In other words, shut up, listen, follow my directions, and you will find what you seek. Otherwise, go away and leave me alone because I really don't care about your opinions! I'm not paid enough to care.)

Of course, she was too busy trying to convince me that she was right that rearranging the store to fit her ideas would be the best course of action. Yeah, like I care. I'm just doing what I have to do to earn my paycheck, and trying to stay awake and focused since it's about 2 a.m., and I have to work until 7 a.m. So, I made the futile effort to explain again where Stationary and Office Supplies were, and even offered to lead her there. She just had to make sure that I was aware that the store's floorplan made no sense, and that her ideas were much more suitable. My response was basically that if she doesn't want to be helped, just say so. I'll happily go back to what I was doing, and she could feel free to go away. She just gave me a dirty look and wandered off. I just shrugged and started straightening merchandise again.

A couple minutes later, I heard her asking one of my coworkers and instantly felt sorry for him. She made an offhand comment about "the other guy not listening to me, so I just decided to ask someone else." I heard him say that he wouldn't know anything about that, and told her to follow him to stationary. I don't know what all happened after that.

He and I met up a couple of aisles later. All he had to say is that the woman was an idiot, and he finally had to walk away and leave her standing because she was getting on his nerves. I just laughed, "Yeah, I apparently didn't listen to her even though I tried to tell her where to go. I guess I should have suggested something more appropriate (and mouthed) like Hell, but I haven't had enough coffee to care." We both laughed about it.
                      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

That might be one of the funniest things I've ever read... and one of the best stories I've read here so far.
                        Superman wears Tim Tebow pajamas.

Comment

There is no way this man did not know how much of an idiot he was. He must be just steeped in denial.
                          You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

i wonder what store he could go to that sounds like Lowes but isnt, and bitch and scream at them for being so retarded they dont know where they????

My guess is Joe's!!!(in my mind its a bait and fish store...)

Comment

Along the same lines..when I worked for OfficeMax, I had someone bring in a papershredder in the box, and started complaining about how it was a piece of crap, and didn't work, and he wanted to return is..etc..etc. I took one look at the box, and told him, that we couldn't return it because he didn't by it here. He looked at me and asked why, and I explained that

1) Even thought it was a mfg of a shredder that we sale allot of, it wasn't a model that we sell.

2) There is a giant pink sticker that says "Office Depot" on the side of it.

He was good natured about it. said he was sorry and quietly left.

On side note.. For the longest time in our fleet of bright yellow carts, we had 1 Bright red Office Depot cart.

Granted we were about a mile away from a OD, but they still would have to deal with 3 or 4 VERY busy parking lots, and a 5 line VERY BUSY street.
                              Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Working...
                              X