This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb recruiter....

I don't know where to put this.. so mods.. if you have a better place, feel free to move it.

I got a call yesterday from a recruiter for the merchandising side for HP.

Now that would be a nice thing.. as they pay VERY well, the down side, is that it's weekends only and I have school on Saturday mornings come the fall.

The other downside, I was to be assigned at a competitor.

Now can you say Conflict of Interest!?

Now she had my resume right in front of her face, and she still couldn't notice that it would have been a conflict of interest!

It was like talking to a brick wall until she finally realized that IT WOULD BE A CONFLICT OF INTEREST!!!

I hear you, they just don't take no for an answer, do they?

Try dealing with the armed forces.

I took the ASVAB, got insanely high marks, and they still haven't left me alone for four years.

I just took the thing to get out of class
    "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Army recruiters think they can recruit anywhere they want. Not just high schools.

They used my gas station. Annoyed many a customer. Thankfully, it was the rare situation where the customer didn't blame it on me. I had a few ask me "Is there anything you can do to make them go away?"

One call to my manager and she threatened to tell the owner and ask him to pull their account with the store. But what a scene that would cause! BP doesn't support the armed forces, boycott BP!

Just a rant there, sorry.

Back on topic, some people aren't smart enough to understand what a conflict of interest is, though.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Kusanagi View Post

I took the ASVAB, got insanely high marks, and they still haven't left me alone for four years.
        Been there on that one. I scored well on the ASVAB back in high school, and from that point forward I'd get a recruiting call from either the army or the navy at least twice a week. It didn't take long for me to discover my secret weapon: asthma. Just mention it, and it shuts them up quick.
        A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Ironically, I wanted to join the Navy. Or the Marines. Or the Air Force. And of course, I can't, because my eyesight is really bad. Always seems to work that way, you know?
          What a wonderful thing humanity is-- passionate, intelligent, inquisitive, generous, fully of hope and joy, noble of spirit, and above all... delicious! -- LaCroix

Comment

Quoth mischugenah View Post
            Ironically, I wanted to join the Navy. Or the Marines. Or the Air Force. And of course, I can't, because my eyesight is really bad. Always seems to work that way, you know?
            Oh yeah, and I wanted to pilot an attack chopper when I was younger, but found out I'm too tall, my eyesight is way too crappy, and they're scared I'm going to do Bad Things™ in a combat situation. Apparently they don't agree with me that there's no such thing as overkill.
            Last edited by JustADude; 08-11-2007, 05:13 AM.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I prefer the Canadian military. They take you out to Tim Hortons, grab some doughnuts and coffee, chat for a while, then never bother you again if you're not interested.

Seriously. They treated us all to Tim Hortons. It was win. That's the purpose of our military, to construct a Tim Hortons in any country we're deployed in.

Comment

Ten bucks says if you use the word "gay" even in passing, a military recruiter will hang up the phone and burn your phone number. Not that I'd try, not that there's anything wrong with that, well, y'know the rest...

I just told 'em that I signed my draft card on my 18th birthday, and if the shit was really gonna hit the fan they'd know where to find me if they were truly that hard up. Never had a chance to try playing the "pot-smoking bipolar Canadian" card like I'd wanted to, but never say never.
                "Love keeps her in the air when she ought fall down, let's you know she's hurting 'fore she keens...makes her a home."

Comment

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
                  I hear you, they just don't take no for an answer, do they?

I just took the thing to get out of class
                  I recall taking that during my junior year and got high marks myself. Only reason I took it was b/c I was in JROTC in high school and they basically shoved it down our throats.

Even funnier was when I got a letter from the Selective Service. Thanks, Mom for giving me a guy's name as my first.

And she wonders to this day why I prefer my middle name . . .
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
                    Been there on that one. I scored well on the ASVAB back in high school, and from that point forward I'd get a recruiting call from either the army or the navy at least twice a week. It didn't take long for me to discover my secret weapon: asthma. Just mention it, and it shuts them up quick.

Yeah my parents were pressuring me to join the military, I even went as far as to go to MEPs for Medical Tests but being as how I had absolutely no interest and after realizing my recruiters told me to LIE just to get in and then while I was there rather than lie I told the truth. The truth is that I had indeed had asthma when I was younger and that I do on occassion have allergy induced attacks. That was enough to get me blacklisted from the Air Force no doubt.

Yes my dad and my recruiter told me to lie to the Air Force Doctor that I never had any medical conditions period. Imagine what would happen during boot camp or something else if I had an asthma attack? Yes I would be the one in trouble over it. My dad was pissed that I told the truth imagine that and hes a friggin Minister.
                    Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

Comment

Question, how did this go from job recruiters to military recruiters?

Comment

Thread drift, dear chap. Thread drift.

Rapscallion

Comment

A few months ago I got a call from a job recruiter for a local translation company. Problem being that they wanted me to work mornings and afternoons when fall rolled around. Same situation as the OP basically, they didn't understand that I'm a full time student and that I have other commitments to worry about.

As for military recruiters, I got a few calls from them but I told them no. I just started screening my calls after them not leaving me alone.
                          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I've dealt with them as well; see a posting for a specific job, call about it, and they try and steer you to everything BUT that job. If I'm looking for "a" and the posting is it, then I am not interested in "b" - no matter HOW many times you tell me its a "wonderful opportunity, with great potential" - yeah, i'm no dummy, you are just trying to get your commission, even if it means disregarding everything i tell you.

Comment

I remember a time when I was getting calls for my little brother from an army recruiter. They kept calling and asking for him, and I finally asked what they were calling about. They told me that they were interested in sending him information for him to join up. I told him that they should stop calling since he was 12. They did after that.

Right now, (seeing how I've finished 4 years of college), I'm getting harassed by loan consolidation companies. First off, they should probably check and see if I'm done with school. Secondly, they should probably take NO for an answer. Just the other day, my little bro fields a call from one company. They didn't even ask for me by name, so they ended up talking to him. They told him they could consolidate his school loans and lock them in to a fixed interest rate! His answer was, "I have school loans?! Where?!" I think he likes to screw around with telemarketers... (sorry to any of you who do that for a living). They also try to talk to my father (cosigner) about consolidating my loans. Um... correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a cosigner *only* responsible if the primary borrower defaults? Sketchy companies.
                              Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                              Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                              The Office

Comment

Working...
                              X