This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
    How about the turkey cannon from the air force?
    It's funny, I heard it was the USAF who borrowed it from the RAF and the USAF who didn't thaw the birds. Which probably means it is a myth.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
      It's funny, I heard it was the USAF who borrowed it from the RAF and the USAF who didn't thaw the birds. Which probably means it is a myth.
      Or that neither side wants to 'fess up. Which I find amazingly believable.

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
        Last night at my favorite watering hole, the bartender misheard "A sprite and a diet sprite" as "A sprite and a jack and sprite".

You can imagine the customers surprise when she sipped that.
        OOO - that would really suck in MY case. (I'm a recovering drug addict - member of a 12-step fellowship) But, I wouldn't get upset over it - and it wouldn't count as a relapse.
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
          It's real. Made by the USAF.

Back when I was in the service, we got to watch videos of birds being fired into jet engines at high speed in slow motion. The blades would slice the turkey into perfect little slices before they got sucked into the combustion chamber. Although they did also show us a clip of them firing a frozen turkey into the engine and watching it go kablooy for the hell of it.
          Flood

Comment

Working...
          X