Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come again? Just *how* did you expect it to work?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a teacher in high school that plugged her powerstrip back into itself and wondered why her computer system wouldn't turn on.
    "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Kusangi: Battery powered power strip maybe?

Gabrielle: Ok magic tech i can see people not understanding but thats a basic scientific principle there going back to the ancient greeks. Hot objects generally have a bad reaction when they are rapidly cooled without precautions. Oh well I'm sure the parts store guys got a laugh out of it.

Comment

Betcha the guy shows back up in the next few days claiming he's still not getting any pics, then gets all pissed off again, because nobody told him he has to push the button on the camera!

Mike
        Meow.........

Comment

The only difference between science and magic is an understanding of how it works.
          "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
            The only difference between science and magic is an understanding of how it works.
            I think one of the sci-fi authors I read put it best: "Magic is science performed at a level far above the understanding of the observer."

I'm sure someone can put a name with the quote. I'm just too pooped to Google it right now.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
              I think one of the sci-fi authors I read put it best: "Magic is science performed at a level far above the understanding of the observer."
              I'm sure someone can put a name with the quote. I'm just too pooped to Google it right now.
              "any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology." is Larry Niven, as a redirect of Clarke's original (reversed) statement. Is that the one?

Comment

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
                I had a teacher in high school that plugged her powerstrip back into itself and wondered why her computer system wouldn't turn on.
                Unfortunately, I am guilty of this also. I threw a temper tantrum and then realized what I had done and what an idiot I was

Comment

Working...
                X