This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT'S JUST A MOVIE/BOOK!!!!

So yeah, around the time when the Da Vinci Code came out in theatres, first weeked it was out we had people picketing the thing!

It was weird because we couldn't do anything about it with them not tecknically on our property. But Come on! I've read the book and while some of it seems technically possible, its still just fiction.

Actually had a coworker go out there and pretend to care about what they were doing just so that he could get his hands on a sign. Well it worked and he took off with it. And he still has that sign to this day.

People these days are so fucking touchy its astounding.
    Screw normal. You know why? 'Cause if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader.

Christopher Titus.

Quoth solidmetalgear19 View Post
    People these days are so fucking touchy its astounding.
    See previous thread about Dom & sub out on a leash in bookstore.
    Yeah, way too touchy.
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Yeah, I read the S&M thread already. We are not living in the the 1950's anymore. Change is part of life and some people are too unwilling to embrace that fact.
      Screw normal. You know why? 'Cause if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader.

Christopher Titus.

Comment

Actually had a coworker go out there and pretend to care about what they were doing just so that he could get his hands on a sign. Well it worked and he took off with it. And he still has that sign to this day.
        Bwaahahahaa!
        Linux user (Debian and Kubuntu)
        Programmer in C and perl!

I'm "only" 16 but do NOT try and outskill me with machines

Comment

Probably the same people who think the Harry Potter books/movies are bad because they involve witchcraft and other "dark stuff" - get a grip people, ITS FICTION!

Comment

Yeah, I read the S&M thread already. We are not living in the the 1950's anymore. Change is part of life and some people are too unwilling to embrace that fact.
            Usually the ones that were graduating highschool during that decade. Some days I think our increased lifespan is the problem. People aren't checking out fast enough to give the new generation a chance to do things their way without the old fogies interfering any more.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
              Probably the same people who think the Harry Potter books/movies are bad because they involve witchcraft and other "dark stuff" - get a grip people, ITS FICTION!
              I work with someone who thinks like that about the HP books/movies.
              She has the idea that the words they use are real and have effect,
              'according to child psychologists' and other such. (I asked her where she got that from, and she couldn't name an actual source...)

Which suprised me, because apart from that, she seems pretty normal, and down to earth.
              3 Basic rules for ordering food.
              - Order from the menu.
              - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
              - Don't talk about Fight Club.

Comment

Quoth Sir Spainard
                She has the idea that the words they use are real and have effect
                Wait, you mean everything I say in Latin while pointing at someone will come true? Sweet! Help me out here, how do you say "Walrus Driven Rectal Violation" in Latin?

Comment

Erm
                  jumentum perfringo tergum?

It's not word for word - they didn't know what Walruses were back then, plus I couldnt' find the word for rectum, so I used the word for back/rear.
                  Could be translated as "draft animal shatters rear". Kinda. Sorta.
                  Use it wisely.
                  The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                    Erm
                    jumentum perfringo tergum?

It's not word for word - they didn't know what Walruses were back then, plus I couldnt' find the word for rectum, so I used the word for back/rear.
                    Could be translated as "draft animal shatters rear". Kinda. Sorta.
                    Use it wisely.
                    Erm...isn't rectum Latin?

**EDIT**
                    Ah, here we go.
                    http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionar...nary&va=rectum
                    Last edited by Geek King; 08-23-2007, 03:45 PM.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I can't even begin to tell you how many times I had this conversation, or one very similar, after that damn book came out.

Keep in mind I live in a town where the majority of people are Christian.

Idiot: You know that book The Da Vinci Code?? It's all lies!

Me: Yes sir, most fiction is.
                      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth Sir Spaniard the 12th View Post
                        (I asked her where she got that from, and she couldn't name an actual source...)
                        What's really fun is when they cite The Onion as their source.
                        "Oh, really, so, a satire paper is your proof?"
                        "What? The Onion's not satire!"
                        "So, they released a story where the Russians stole the Capitol Building, and that really happened?" (I think it was the Russians...) "Not to mention the book of all their old stories goes in the Humor section?"
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I get patrons complaining about materials at least twice a week. They always make it a point to tell me that they don't want their tax money going to such inappropriate things. I always want to tell them that I don't want MY tax money going towards Danielle Steel and Stephanie Laurens books. I keep that to myself, though. They don't seem to understand that they're under no obligation to check out materials they consider offensive.

Comment

Quoth Sir Spaniard the 12th View Post
                            I work with someone who thinks like that about the HP books/movies.
                            She has the idea that the words they use are real and have effect,
                            My grandmother's caretaker believes that as well, from the religious end of things. Made for quite the fireworks over gramma's birthday when I brought my copy of HP7 as well as the one I'd bought for my cousin...somehow (and I know not how) we managed to avoid a huge argument. What made it weirder is that my cousin's mother was egging the caretaker on about her Potter views.
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                              Erm...isn't rectum Latin?

**EDIT**
                              Ah, here we go.
                              http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionar...nary&va=rectum
                              ooooooooh - thanks Geek King, much obliged
                              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
                              X