This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth roguesqd View Post
    He said " Man I need to return this, it didn't work" he then reaches in his pocket and pulls out a used condom "My girlfriend got pregnant so I need a refund"
    I am stuck wondering WHY would he save that condom - and how long ago had he used it since you cannot determine preganancy immediately (or even the next few days) after doing the deed.
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
      I am stuck wondering WHY would he save that condom - and how long ago had he used it since you cannot determine preganancy immediately (or even the next few days) after doing the deed.
      I was thinking the same thing when I first read it..

Comment

Quoth ajr1971 View Post
        A guest once called our chain's customer care department demanding a refund. Apparently, on the night she stayed, it was particularly breezy, and she got no rest due to the wind blowing through the trees outside.
        I had a guest complain once that it smelled like skunk outside. She asked the manager what he was going to do for the inconvenience. He just looked at her like she was nuts and basically told her to go away.

Duh lady, if you had a skunk outside your house, what would you do about it?

And then....back when I worked at a grocery store we had a lady return lunch meat because it had a "dead bug" sliced right into the meat. Um, yeah. That's a chive, dumbass. (Ok, I think it was a chive.....it was some kind of spice or something, definitely NOT a bug. This happened about 10 years ago so I can't remember exactly...)
        Last edited by alogram; 01-27-2008, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Quoth retailwrkralum View Post
          One of my co workers told me she had an SC try to return maxi pads because she was pregnant!
          As far as I understand it, shortly after the end of pregnancy a woman really needs those bad boys.

Rapscallion

Comment

I had a guy try to get a refund for an avocardo that was bad but he hadn't brought in the avocardo. boy did he kick up a fuss all over a $2 avocardo

Comment

When I worked at the grocery store, we had a lady come in with a measuring cup of grease and the wrapper off a package of ground beef.
              The label said, "Lean" and she wanted her money back because she claimed that the cup of grease came off the meat as it cooked.

Umm...lady, all ground beef, even if it's lean, is going to have some degree of fat. We only have the label from the meat, and we only have your word that the grease came off that meat. Anyone can pour oil into a cup and add the drippings from the pan to make it look like it all came off the same meat.

We had another guy buy the cheapest brand of bologna that we carried. (It was one of those "may or may not contain..." and "by-products" listed on the contents label.)

He complained that, when he ran his hand across the slice of meat, he could feel fine bones in the meat.

Sadly, both those people got replacements for their meat.

At the hardware store, we had a guy try to return 8 year old batteries because they had been sitting in the package unused, and when he went to use them, they were dead.
              He didn't get a refund, but he did get a lesson in battery shelf life and expiry dates, as well as cutoff dates for return policies.
              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Probably the stupidest returns I have ever had to deal with were idiots that would buy cigarillos and come in pissed off because they cracked when they tried to scrape the tobacco out of them. They would bring in the broken cigar and show me how it fell apart on them. Sadly most of them were repeats at trying this.

Comment

Quoth pyxee View Post
                  Probably the stupidest returns I have ever had to deal with were idiots that would buy cigarillos and come in pissed off because they cracked when they tried to scrape the tobacco out of them. They would bring in the broken cigar and show me how it fell apart on them. Sadly most of them were repeats at trying this.
                  I had one guy who did this...only then threw it away and came back in and demanded and then stole a new one. (My coworker was dumb enough to hand it to him and let him hold onto it and by the time I got out there and expained that I wasn't refunding something he didn't bring in he already had it and just walked out with it) Man was it fun to watch him get arrested.
                  "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Quoth pyxee View Post
                    They try that at my work all the time. They finally tried it on the owner last week. He told the guy "no I wont give you a new one. I sold you a CIGAR not a WRAP".

The SC kept saying since it broke it was stale, but since we go through so many of them and get new ones in each week my boss knew better. When told it wasnt stale and it would not have ripped/torn if he had smoked it as a cigar and not tore it apart, the SC asks "so you wont give me a different one?"

My boss told him no because we cant return a cigar with no tobacco to our wholesaler. The SC left saying he wouldnt be back. Like we would go out of business without his $0.50 business.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                      One of my more annoying paper-route customers tried to get a refund...because there was an inkblot in the margin on one of the pages. Needless to say, I didn't give him his quarter back (cheap bastard!). However, after seeing the Maserati in the driveway, I'm sure he could have used it to help with the payments
                      I'd have been tempted to tell him "I got your quarter right here, sir....BEND OVER!!!"

Quoth Ree View Post
                      Sadly, both those people got replacements for their meat.

Ugh. And this is why SCs will always thrive and prosper.
                      Last edited by Broomjockey; 01-30-2008, 04:27 AM. Reason: multiquote
                      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Gwen_Goth View Post
                        today;

SC: "this cappuccino is too frothy"

Threadjack.

LOL! Back in my coffee store days we had quite a few people complain their cup wasn't full of coffee and what's with all the foam? We happily explained exactly what a cappuccino was to them. One lady tried telling us it wasn't the "Italian way!" . I said this wasn't Italy as nicely as I could with a polite smile on my face. On jerk kept making my barista remake his drink because it either had too much, too little, too firm or too flimsy foam. She was one of the nicest girls in the world and very good at her job. She finally started crying while making his drink and I told her to go sit down. I made his drink and told him if he still wasn't happy with it then we would refund his money. He took his cappuccino, said nothing and left. I still regret not getting involved sooner. I think he just wanted to bully someone. I finally reached a point where I would ask customers to show me where they wanted the foam to start and I would mark that point on the cup. It did alleviate a lot of foam complaints. Some people like a lot, some almost none (shrug).
                        "Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did."
                        George Carlin

Comment

Worst reason for me was a woman that came in to return an empty quart of mixed paint. Problem? Her husband painted the hallway while she was on a trip, and she did not like the color of the paint.

Management gave her a refund.

Comment

Here's one that happened just a couple days ago at my theatre. For those of you who haven't yet seen it, Meet the Spartans has a dance scene at the start of the credits, plus a couple of extra scenes somewhere later. I was the Projectionist who built the movie, so I put the credit cue, which brings up the lights, right where the credits started, because I knew that some people would be leaving at that point, even with footage still going. Also, it's not like the lights are bright enough to obscure the image on-screen.

Well, this one couple wasn't too happy with that. After watching the entire movie, they got to that point and felt offended, it seems, that the lights would come up then, so they asked for a refund. Unfortunately, I wasn't the manager they dealt with, else they would have gotten nothing at all, save for a thorough explanation of why it's good to be able to see where you're going. Another manager gave them two readmission passes, which means they'll be back at some point. I still have no idea why she caved, as she's usually pretty strict on stuff like that.
                            "Shield eaters and SC'ers have many likes alike."

Comment

I had to refund a lady who found ice in her frozen peas. Gasp!

Comment

Opening a standard type car (newer Mercedes, BMW, etc. excluded) is a standard $17 fee + the service call charge, where I work. No matter if it takes me 30 seconds or 1/2 hr. I had a SC want a refund/credit, cause it only took me 2 minutes to open his car. He was arguing/raging for like 10 minutes.

He hadn't paid yet, so I still had his keys in my hand. I threw the keys back in the car hit the lock button and slammed the door. As I turned around to leave...

"HEY, what 'ya do dat fer??"
                                "If you don't pay for it, you don't get to enjoy the service!"
                                "What the......" *Meekley* "Uhhh..OK.... I'll pay, I guess"
                                "Upfront this time" *with outstreched hand*

Bonus points: It's not like he could call the local PD, what with the bag of pot sticking out of his center console.

Comment

Working...
                                X