This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You won't believe this.

Now I have been a cashier at a gas station for a while here and there while in school to pay off the reoccurring bills that everyone gets. This particular story is from that of a co-worker, I have since changed jobs and well... This is how the story goes.

Me: :P Guess who?
    CW: Co-worker.

The couple come in, the guy is wearing a shirt that looks like it used to be white, an old wife beater, it is now yellow and brown and I'm nearly bowling over about to puke because of the smell of the 500pound man not wearing deodorant in a, hot enough to fry eggs on the hood of my car, day. The female he's with isn't much better and doesn't look like she's brushed her hair in months with only half her teeth and the half she does have is blackened rotting stumps. Typical red neck trailer types. I take them and get them out of the store as quickly as possible and then use an air freshener in every nook and cranny of the store they used. This is the conversation I have with my co-worker about this couple.

CW: Yea... When I worked at Family Pizza Place X they came in once. Those two I think are married. Came in with the entire family. The girls father is around 80 and obviously mentally handicapped.
    Me: Yea? Well I guess that explains the lack of showering... kinda....
    CW: Oh that's not the best part. I had to kick the family out because she was in a full blown make out session with her 80 year old father. I'm talking full out moan groan and grind here. My boss didn't want to handle it, sent me out to tell them they had to stop making out. Grossest thing I've ever seen.
    Me: O_O ........ Holy ****.

Yea. I've avoided these customers every time since. I have trouble being well mannered and fighting to keep from throwing up every time I have seen them since. This happened a while ago but I figured it would be a good starting post.

You know, in the back, deep, lizard part of your brain, that this kind of thing goes on, that these people really are a bunch of inbred, genetic dead-ends, but to have to witness it?
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
      You know, in the back, deep, lizard part of your brain, that this kind of thing goes on, that these people really are a bunch of inbred, genetic dead-ends, but to have to witness it?
      it's one thing to know it happens, but it's quite another to KNOW it happens...and i second that
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

ARRRRRGGGHHH I think reading that just blinded my imagination.....
        Oh yeah? well you have a gambling problem! - Homer Simpson

Protect the beef - Various <prestige> warlocks

Comment

I wish I could pretend this thread didn't exist.

Comment

Definitely a 5/5 on the Puke-O-Meter:
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Will Smith said it best in Men In Black:

"That's about a 9.0 on my Weird-Shit-o-meter"

Total surrender
              Your touch is so tender
              Your skin is like water on a burning beach
              And it brings me relief
              "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

There is not enough on the planet to make things right for me again.

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                it's one thing to know it happens, but it's quite another to KNOW it happens
                There's knowing, and there's KNOWING...and I wish I didn't have to KNOW.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Killer Bees View Post
                  "That's about a 9.0 on my Weird-Shit-o-meter"
                  I could do much, much worse to everyone's poor minds, but I'm not feeling THAT evil today, so, I won't.
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                    I could do much, much worse to everyone's poor minds, but I'm not feeling THAT evil today, so, I won't.
                    And yet...I am curious. I must have a death wish.

Comment

on aisle 5 please! Thank you!

Man, that's just....GAAAAAAH! /shudder twitch twitch
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Emmeileia View Post
                        And yet...I am curious. I must have a death wish.
                        Are you kidding? Inbreeding doesn't even register on my scale of "Weird shit". The stuff that does get me a little 'bleurgh' would hurt most people.
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                          Are you kidding? Inbreeding doesn't even register on my scale of "Weird shit". The stuff that does get me a little 'bleurgh' would hurt most people.
                          I happen to in this camp too. I've seen far more messed up stuff than a makeout session between family members.

I am curious if the co-worker KNEW it was her father or just assumed it was? Could it be she was just with a non-related dirty old man?

Comment

Quoth HiddenMica View Post
                            sent me out to tell them they had to stop making out. Grossest thing I've ever seen.
                            um. Welcome aboard CS?

(On the plus/silver lining side, from now on, in whatever job you're talking about, from gutting whales to shoveling manure, I can look back on your first post and say to myself, "Well, at least there aren't any hillbilly father daughter couples involved!)
                            Last edited by sms001; 09-07-2007, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Gravekeeper wants to learn *Unread.
                              But Gravekeeper can't learn more then 4 moves.

Delete an old move?

> Think
                              > Breath
                              > Eat
                              > Bitter Spite

....hm....god dammit!

><

Comment

Working...
                              X