Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm seriously going to get fired over this.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Just WOW. All that crap over a few hundred dollars.

Run, run, run.
    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
      I've almost been killed while working here. I've broken my ankle while working here. I saved a child from potentially being killed and saved the company a TON of money in lawsuits when I caught that sofa from falling on that stupid little kid last month, and if there was an infection, I ran the risk of losing my arm.
      After all that you've done and been through for this company, one little misunderstanding and they hang the Sword of Damocles over your head? To hell with that. You deserve much better.
      Quoth Kusanagi View Post
      Well, I'm going to try to see if that consulting position with Ethan Allen is still available. Either that, or I'm going Air Force so that way I don't have to worry about school and I can just get the hell AWAY from all this bullshit and into an organization that actually REWARDS stellar performance and behavior.
      Either of these would be a far better option than fighting off upended furniture and Ghetto Stupidstar. Whatever direction you choose, I wish you the best of luck, Kus.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Wow. That.... That whole thing is just royally fucked up. I advise implementing Protocol CYADF. a. k. a. "Cover Your Ass, Document, Foo'."

And while you're at it, I'm echoing the rest of the posters thus far. It's about time to get out of that job before they decide to do any more, though at this point, it may not be possible to use that job as a reference.

But as far as the rest goes.... *bear-hugs*
        Those who are loudest about their qualifications, tend to have the least merit to their claims.

Comment

$Deity damn, Kus. I swear, karma must be building up for you to get something incredibly incredible, what with all the heartache you've gone through with this place.

Did you ever talk to a doctor about stress leave? I don't think I've ever seen anyone who needed it more. Unfortunately, you can have a doctor literally forbid you from going back to work and the state can go and deny you any disability money (rotten bastards!). They pulled that shit on my mom a few years back.

I get people all the time that ask me why I don't find a "better" job, becuase I make crap all for the work I do, but I get almost zero stress at work. Less now that my workspace is in a different part of the office. I can't even begin to tell people how much per hour not dreading going to work and not coming home sick is worth.

I've said this before, and I feel the need to repeat it: if you're work is making you sick, you owe it to yourself to go. Nothing is work your health. Nothing.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that Ethan Allen job. You really deserve a break.

[edit to add]
          Oh, and no notice. They don't deserve notice. Not after this bullshit.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Why can't I find a dedicated employee like you? People make mistakes, but with everything you have been through, a few hundred bucks should be looked over (especially when you offer to take care of it).
            You deserve better, and WILL GET better. I am one of those people that think good things happen to good people, it just may not be when you want it.

Hang in there.

Comment

Wow! That sounds like a horrible situation. Hopefully things will turn around for you. I can't even begin to fathom what you must be going through. I can't say as I blame you for not signing the written reprimand given that your management chose not to also reprimand the other manager.

Here's another point no one mentioned, that I read. Most businesses have insurance policies which cover shrinkage due to damage, theft, or other such causes. I work in a convenience store, and our company has insurance to cover losses due to drive-offs at the gas pumps or shoplifting inside the store. It's hard to catch every thief in the act. Inventory does disappear from under our noses sometimes, and there's little we can do to stop it if we're busy working at other tasks. It's just a crime of opportunity.

I understand that you were responsible for making sure the customer paid for that chair. However, it's not as if you intentionally allowed that customer to walk out without paying for the chair. It's not as if you acted with any intention of stealing that chair from the company. While they are within their rights to issue a reprimand for your mistake, they really can't legally force you to pay for the cost of the chair. I'm glad it didn't come to that for you. I'm glad to hear that the customer saw fit to do the right thing.

I wish you luck with the rest of your story.
              The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

... I can't think that anybody hasn't already, but just in case...

If you are reading this and you haven't read the Kusanagi saga posted in the War Stories section, do so now.

Further proof that the company doesn't even begin to deserve someone like him.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
                  I think I'm being fucked with just so they can save face.
                  Damn skippy. I've been in corpland for over a decade; I can smell those a mile away and you've got a 3-day truckload of dead fish coming over the airwaves.

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
                  Well, I'm going to try to see if that consulting position with Ethan Allen is still available. Either that, or I'm going Air Force so that way I don't have to worry about school and I can just get the hell AWAY from all this bullshit and into an organization that actually REWARDS stellar performance and behavior.
                  Again, damn skippy. If Ethan Allen isn't interested, the Air Force WILL be - they need guys like you, even if you're maintaining planes in North Dakota (as a friend of mine who just completed Basic is doing). Get in there, get going, and grab the educational opps they present. It's worth more than this crapfest you're dealing with.

Comment

Good luck on the Ethan Allan job, but I really must advise against the military. As a wife of a current military man I can attest to the fact that there is more bullshit in the military then any business. The biggest difference is you can't tell them to bugger off and leave, you're stuck with all the crap for however long you signed your life away for.

And the whole situation with the chair just screams 'fishy' to me.

Comment

Get out while your sanity is still recoverable. You've been through hell with that company, made them money and saved them lawsuits, and just because 2 idiots in the management sphere have sticks up their butts, you'e being victimised.

And yes, they don't deserve notice. In fact, as a last hurrah, what you could do is maybe send a letter to the big boss, pointing out all you've done, why you feel you're being victimised and this is why you're leaving. Once you've gone and their profits nose dive, they'll realise what they had in you.

Good luck!
                      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

As if you needed it: here's another vote for 'go somewhere you're appreciated'.
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth I Love Pit Bulls
                          OMG I am SO stealing that!!!
                          If you haven't read the Saga of Kusanagi vs Ghetto Stupidstar yet, here are the links:

The full version, with everyone else's responses: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ead.php?t=1678

The Readers Digest version (Kus' posts only): http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ead.php?t=3182
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Dude...you're right, that is FUCKED. GTFO, and stat! There is something much better out there for you, you would be an asset to whatever company you chose, including the military.

Good luck to you.
                            "I'm not even supposed to be here today!" Dante-"Clerks"

Comment

Love and good vibes your way, Kus.
                              I think they have shown you how loyal they are to their employees.
                              They don't deserve anything that you have done for them.
                              The only notice they should get are your keys sitting on the desk in the A.M.

Go somewhere you are appreciated.
                              Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

Comment

Wow... all I can say is it is going to get worse and worse as they get nastier, sneakier and more assholic. MY suggestion? I say go with the see Stress leave idea, like YESTERDAY!
                                "It's times like these that make me wanna go straight."
                                James from Pokémon.

Comment

Working...
                                X