Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racist Girl Scout Leader(kinda longish)......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes it just amazes me how some bigots can get away with doing and saying things so incredibly stupid.

I seriously hope those kids don't have to deal with her ever again. Some people just don't outgrow stupid I guess.
    Desk-On: Apply directly to the forehead.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
      Did it manage to get into the newspapers? Did you report her there? That would be the best way to get revenge, especially as you had witnesses.

Rapscallion
      Please answer yes

Comment

Quoth Mixed Bag View Post
        There we go--Goth Scouts! Wait until THOSE start showing up on the cookie boxes next to the girls of other races they already have!
        At least the initials would be the same...... Seriously, I hope the media was alerted to this woman's crappy behavior......

Comment

Quoth csdrone View Post
          Seriously, I hope the media was alerted to this woman's crappy behavior......
          I Googled for several combinations, including the town/state, "Girl Scout leader," "racial slurs," and so forth...got bupkus.
          Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Heh heh heh....Goth Scouts
            Today, children, we're going to write depressing poetry and go to a field trip to the cemetary!

Comment

Cool, a trip to the cemetary. I just earned a death beatle badge!

Former Girl Sprout
              Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I was a Girl Guide... is that the same as a Girl Scout? In any case, my patrol regularly owned the local Boy Scouts.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

You should definately write a letter to the editor if no other media attention was sought. Most towns will publish those. You would most likely have to use your real name, but as long as you don't mention the SC's name, you are safe from any legal action.

Comment

If you know she got canned from the brigade, I wouldn't mention them either. They did the right thing and don't deserve the negative publicity.

Just say something like "A woman was helping her daughter and friends, members of a children's group, sell cookies and the following happened...." and then why you're mentioning it at all (eg "what has become of the world"). Writing it just to get her in trouble locally won't go down well with the press, I woudn't think. You have to a reason, a moral, for telling the tale.

Comment

Nah - the papers won't be interested unless you mention a juicy detail like that. You need that information in there to make a good tale.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                        I was a Girl Guide... is that the same as a Girl Scout?
                        Yes, they are the same thing (Girl Scouts is USA, Girl Guides everywhere else). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girl_Guides
                        Last edited by XCashier; 08-10-2006, 10:03 PM.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Well, i believe the cashier wrote to the paper , but i don't know if it was published. I believe they were to busy printing letters from peopelcomplaining that we at WM don't say "Merry Christmas" .. sigh BTW: She praised both the Girl Scout national office, and Wal-Mart for booting the woman. more BTW: She was also banned from Acme(food store) before the Girl Scouts made their official decision. (Apparantly there she got into a confronatation with a Black customer. Interesting thought the fudie "Christian" book store wher eshe worked allowed her to stay. I saw her working before and after the incident. Oh, well, the book store sucks.
                          Last edited by Crow The Robot; 08-10-2006, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                            Fast forward, say, 12 years......

RGSL:"Oh, Hi hon! What's up?"
                            D:"Guess who's coming to dinner?"

BWAHAHAHA!!! There goes a mouthful of coffee... And you know it's bound to happen eventually.

Crow, i am pretty sure that the newspapers would run this. Not to mention, I'm shocked that no other Scout parents mentioned anything, should they've come into contact wtih her...
                            Sometimes, it just doesn't pay to get out of the blanket nest.

Comment

I was a Girl Guide... is that the same as a Girl Scout?
                              Roughly. Girl Scouts have been moving away from being outdoorsy and more into being a social club, at least around here.

In any case, my patrol regularly owned the local Boy Scouts.
                              Uh... you saying you did better than the boy scouts, or are we talking leash-and-collar here?

Comment

This is defintiely something to take higher up the local GS hierarchy. None of the organizations int he World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts will tolerate this sort of behaviour. (And there are a few million members in over a hundred countries). NOT what we're about.

Angrily,
                                A Proud Canadian Guider

Comment

Working...
                                X