X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth wagegoth View Post
    Chicks dig scars!
    Maybe I have myself a weird man, but my fiance sometimes kinda likes the long 9 inch scar I have on my side. I got that one from kidney surgery when I was 18 months old. (I seem to remember being told by my Mommy that it would fade to near nothingness by the time I was in my 20s. Now I'm 27 and it's still there...) Ah, well...the man of the household says it could be useful to tell me and my twin sister apart...
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• I have just reactivated my account (which hasn't been active since at least two hacks ago) to say this:

GET A LAWYER. Or at least consult with legal aid. I know, you are in the right on this, but the legal system is more complicated than the Labyrinth of Mynos! One false step, and Ghetto Superstar wins! Don't let that happen.

And I hope you win. I know, there are three sides to every story (yours, his, and the truth) but even based on what HE might say, it's obvious you are in the right -- especially with witnesses to the first offense. You did get their names and contact info, right? Or at least it should be in the police report. They can testify that his dental bills are a direct result of his attacking first. That should put an end to THAT lawsuit!

Good luck. (Although I hope you won't need it.)
      I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

• Any chance of a photo of the scar? Sounds rather dramatic.

Rapscallion

Comment

• Quoth Immortal1982 View Post
          Unless this guy gets Johnny cochron as a lawyer, you really got nothing to worry about.
          That would be impressive.
          Not because of Johnny Cochrane's legal skill.
          Not because of Johnny Cochrane's expense.
          But mostly because Johnny Cochrane is dead.

And they call ME a magician!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

• And if he does get Johnny Cochran as a lawyer, give up now. He can raise the dead, what chance does the legal system have against that??!
            A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
            - Dave Barry

Comment

• Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
              He can raise the dead, what chance does the legal system have against that??!
              Especially if Johnny starts to use his infamous "Wookie" defence strategy!
              I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

• Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                Especially if Johnny starts to use his infamous "Wookie" defence strategy!

Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the Planet Endor.

Gotta love South Park.

Comment

• if at all possible get everything in the case delayed untill after his criminal trial is over. IANAL but AFAIK a criminal conviction against one party or another will weigh VERY heavilly during a civil case.

particularly if he is convicted of assaulting you in the store and assault with a deadly weapon in the alley those are taken as facts in the civil case, which will make it real tough for him to convince a judge that ganging up on someone and pulling a knife wasn't enough of a threat for you to deliver a serious ass kicking,
                  DILLIGAF

Comment

• Personally, I'd suggest making it clear to the DA and the judge and everyone you can that this suit is vindictive.

When I was in court myself, the judge made it clear he didn't approve of the other side creating bogus charges.

Comment

• I am so so so so so glad I live in Canada...we don't have to deal with this sue-countersue-countercountersue bullcrap. It's simply insane.

Think of it this way: You could have KILLED him and had less hassle. I'm shocked that he's being ALLOWED to sue you. What scum.

Comment

• Quoth Horus View Post
                        I am so so so so so glad I live in Canada...we don't have to deal with this sue-countersue-countercountersue bullcrap. It's simply insane.

Think of it this way: You could have KILLED him and had less hassle. I'm shocked that he's being ALLOWED to sue you. What scum.
                        Doubtful... his family still could have (and probably would have) sued for wrongful death among other tomfoolery.

My best advice, kus, is to get an attorney. Yes, it may cost some money, but beg, borrow, and steal to nip this insanity in the bud ASAP. Even though he may be representing himself, odds are he has hired an attorney that's working off a contingency that the attorney gets a portion of the winnings if the ruling is in the scum-bag's favor. Lots of attorneys do that, and this may seem like an easy case. An attorney up front could cost a few thousand, even in a relatively clear-cut case like yours, but odds are it'll cost you tens of thousands in the long run if you don't hire one.

Also, from the sounds of it, almost any half-wit attorney should be able to win this one or get it thrown out without too much effort. With as much documentation about the confrontations as you have, and the paper trail you've generated, getting a halfway-competent attorney to take the case shouldn't be too difficult. If nothing else, have your employer refer you to their attorney, and if he/she can't take the case for whatever reason, I'm sure they could refer you to someone that can do a good job.

Good luck, and keep us posted! We're all pullin' for ya'!

-Joe

Comment

• Court's tommorrow!

Everything is in order for my visit. Without going into too much detail, a lawyer walked me through the process as to what to do to represent myself. (Since I have no money to pay, and no chance at collecting from the guy, I bought a lawyer lunch and had a nice long chat.)

Got all the paperwork, photographs, etc. I'll be able to tell you guys what's up on Monday or Tuesday. Plan A is to get the suit thrown out of court, and plan B is to get it pushed back to after the first of the year, hopefully after the state trial. Even if the state trial lasts a while, getting a continuance should be no problem.
                          "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

• Good luck, buddy!

FWIW, we're all pullin' for ya'!

Can't wait to hear how this plays out....

-Joe

Comment

• *cues Starwars Imperial March*

Knock 'em dead Kus
                              Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

• if there truly is justice, this turd will be tossed in jail where he belongs and you'll be free to walk without wondering if this idiot will try try again.

personally, i think he should be held not just physically/personally responsible, but financially as well; he caused and continued this problem, he should pay for this stupidity. (unfortunately, public opinion means squat... )
                                look! it's ghengis khan!
                                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                                X