This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update

well when this thread first started, i kept up with the orginal story, but i fell off the cart. now its way to long to go back and read from where i left off, can someone tell me whats been goin on? in a summary? thanks

Comment

• Guy came in store, pushed Kusanagi. Kusanagi pushed back, caused damage.
      Restraining order against guy.
      Guy comes back, knifes Kusanagi.

Charges pressed. Guy launches civil suit for damages.
      Kusanagi wins.

All is right with the world, and while this is an interesting tale, I think it's very presumptious for anyone to say we will all think of it every time we sit on a sofa.

I didn't even get that excited about Vinegar Boy, to tell the truth.

Call me sacrilegious, but I think there are just as many great stories as the Vinegar Boy one, that people don't have to constantly hold their own stories up against it as a yardstick by which all stories should be judged.

When that happens, there is always a danger that people embellish in an effort to one-up and become the new grand story teller of CS and earn their 15 minutes of fame as often as they can.

CS is about a lot more than "Vinegar Boy".
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

• I'm glad it went your way! Oh, and I doubt there will actually be an appeal -- as others said, this lawyer probably dropped GS as a client the minute they were out of the courthouse! It's one thing to lie on a statement, another to have your attorney defend you without his knowing all the (documented) facts! Of course, he did have to say "we'll appeal" to you, in order to save face, but he knows now that the case is completely without merit -- his client violated a restraining order and did so with a deadly weapon and backup. Any lawyer who knows his client has done that wouldn't even touch that case! And, from his reaction, you know he didn't find out any of that until you presented it as evidence! (You are right, he would have filed a "discovery" had he even thought there was some such evidence!)

I'm glad you also sought legal advice pre-trial. I'm sure you will agree, it was of benefit toward your case!

Now, on to the next round -- you won the battle, but the war continues...(although I've no doubt that will go against GS also -- and then he won't even be able to appeal the civil suit! "Yes, your honor, I'm suing him for getting me arrested and convicted of assault with a deadly weapon." Yeah, right...)
        I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

• Yeah but you gotta keep in mind that legally he's entitled to appeal it to the state supreme court and then on to the federal courts if he finds enough gullible idiots to put up the money for his cause.

Comment

• thanks for the update

Comment

• Quoth Ree View Post
              How perfectly convenient that he was able to get his hands on that and have it in place on his body for court.
              Kind of reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer puts Bart in a wheelchair to try to sue Mr Burns for a million. For the same reason too it seems.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

• Quoth Talon View Post
                I'd say at this point your tale easily rival's Aaron's.
                Actually, I would say it's almost even.

Quoth Aaron
                Just this morning, I was driving along the road and had to pull over when I started laughing again over the sheer absurdity of it all.
                Quoth Kusanagi
                Driving home, I just had to pull over and laughed for about half an hour.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

• Alot happened the last few days since the state trial started. I have not actually been to the courthouse but have spoken with the DA over the phone a few times.

I've been informed that the defense attourney has asked for a continuance until after the holidays. Early January should be set.

I think this matter is just about closed. I have decided to give a long written statement instead of actually going to the courthouse, because I work on commission and I cannot come in any day they want me to. I might still be called upon by the DA to testify instead of the written statement, but it all depends on if I have that day off (we're all shortstaffed, and fankly, after the months of this, I'm sick of the whole issue.). I think ghetto superstar wants to be an annoyance since the farther he pushes back and the more I have to rearrange my schedule, the easier it will be to get a written declaration thrown out.

I DID get notice that he was appealing the civil decision, but nothing will be able to be done until his criminal trial is over. I know it's just out of spite. I'm not even amused by it at this point. I basically do the same motion in my avatar and think to myself "Aw, jeez, not this shit again,". Ghetto knows his life is over and all anyone else involved can hope to do is to not get caught in the blast when he self-destructs.
                  "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

• *pets*

I know it may seem like it's taking a long time and that it'll never end, but trust me, it will eventually. Working in news, I can tell you that we track some court cases that aren't even as severe as your's that can drag on for a year...but they do end. Eventually this will be in the past, promises.

In the meantime, you wanna borrow my favorite club? I made it myself in wood shop a few years ago.
                    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

• Sorry

You are such a patient great guy.
                      Sorry you have been messed around so much. You are handling it really well. I will be rooting for you.
                      !!!
                      C
                      ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
                      Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

• Man.

I've only beento court ONCE, and apparently, the guy had gone from Not Guilty to Guilty. ( I was a witness to a domestic dispute, purely by coincidence)

I still had my statement until a few years ago. Then it went missing when my dad's girlfriend moved in. LUckily it wasn't anything 'confidential' really. Just my witness statement.

You go, Kusagi.
                        Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

• Just curious, has anything happened to the case or Mr. Frank-n-putz?
                          I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

• Just read through [most] of the thread and wanted to say that I'm glad you're OK, and that I hope this guy gets the book thrown at him.

"This is Mr. Hadley, he's Captain of the Guards. I'm Mr. Norton, the Warden. YOU are conviceted felons. That's why they've sent you to me. Rule #1: No blasphemy. I'll NOT have the Lord's name taken in vain in my prison! THe other rules you'll figure out as you go along.......put your trust in the Lord; your ASS belongs to ME! Welcome to Shawshank."
                            "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

• I jsut caught up, and you seriously did the right thing, on all accounts. And there was a kidn i nthe store in the first incident, sorr,y but guys like hi mdon't give a fuck who they hurt so long as they get their way.

Comment

• Has anything happened in the (almost) month since the last update, Kusanagi?
                                Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

Working...
                                X