This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ho....ly....Crap!

I just saw this---being new and all. (And what is Vinegar boy?? It's killing me)

What's the update???? Unbelievable how people behave and think they can get away with it--because YOU are the employee..and the 'customer is always right'. Grrr.
    Oh, "Blah blah blah 'Your Needs'!"

Comment

• Vinegar Boy, as told by Aaron.

Comment

• Quoth SCSlave View Post
        And what is Vinegar boy??
        Vinegar Boy is the epitome of sucky customer stories.

For some reason, members tend to seize on that story, almost as a touchstone, and it becomes a quest as to who can post a story that will top it.

Every drama and saga, or a post that spans more than 3 paragraphs and has conflict is inevitably compared to Vinegar Boy, and immediately, the cries of "War Story! Vinegar Boy!" resound on the CS forums.

Doesn't matter if the story is genuine or possibly the figment of an overworked imagination, rabid for their 15 minutes of fame on the CS site, or their lifelong status in CS history, member after member will pour forth their volumes of man's struggle against man, or, perhaps more fittingly, service worker against sucky customer backed by an unyielding corporation.

Many try, but few are chosen, yet they move on to post another day.

And that, my new friend, is Vinegar Boy!!!
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

• Quoth Ree View Post
          Doesn't matter if the story is genuine or possibly the figment of an overworked imagination, rabid for their 15 minutes of fame on the CS site, or their lifelong status in CS history, member after member will pour forth their volumes of man's struggle against man, or, perhaps more fittingly, service worker against sucky customer backed by an unyielding corporation.

Many try, but few are chosen, yet they move on to post another day.

And that, my new friend, is Vinegar Boy!!!
          Hell, it's been almost 5 years and I'm *still* pouring forth volumes. Maybe someday... *sniff*
          "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

• Man, I sure have missed a lot since last summer!

I really don't even know what to say to this whole ordeal, other than you handled it more level-headedly (is that even a word?) than I would have. Thankfully we haven't had any physical attacks on workers at the store I work at. I mean, the worst thing we've had happen was this past Saturday where a guy came in, set fire to the stuffed animals, and then told the police "I started the blaze with my mind!"

Comment

• Color me wierd, but I hope I NEVER have to have a story that matches up to Vinegar Boy. I might assume the fetal position back by the reconstitutables

Comment

• WOW.

I am now educated on "Vinegar Boy". I wonder if 'Vinegar Boy''s parents ever found out that he did, in fact, 'get what he deserved'...the raise, the full time status, the vacation...etc, etc, etc.

And what the f*** was he drinking vinegar for?? Did he think he'd get drunk on it....or was he just a total complete moron.

Perhaps both..

Comment

• Quoth SCSlave View Post
                  And what the f*** was he drinking vinegar for?? Did he think he'd get drunk on it....or was he just a total complete moron.
                  Well, he was obviously a total moron, but when you look at his mother, can you blame him? My view is that he'd come across "malt liquor", and in the special way that teenage idiots think, assumed that "malt vinegar" was largely similar and might get him drunk !
                  A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                  - Dave Barry

Comment

• Wonder if he ever ate Malted Milk Balls candy to excess and puked also?

Most likely.

Comment

• There's a possibility he head of the translation - vin egar is French for 'sour wine', hence the name. Maybe he thought it contained alcohol.

Rapscallion

Comment

• Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                        There's a possibility he head of the translation - vin egar is French for 'sour wine', hence the name. Maybe he thought it contained alcohol.

Rapscallion
                        Or, more likely, he thought:

Wine-comes from grapes and can get you drunk
                        Vinegar-comes from wine and, therefore, can get you drunker

Who can fathom the adolescent mind? Man, when I was that age, all I did was stare at pretty girls. Mind you, that's more or less all I've done since, but still...
                        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

• I had access to real beer as a teen, but cuz it was provided by my parents, that kinda took the fun out of it.
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

• IT’S OVER.

Finally, it looks like the situation is finished, at least for now, I wanted to wait until I heard officially.

I had given a written statement and had an officer testify in my place in court since I could not get the day of the trial off. I had assumed the trial was still going on, but it ended a few days ago and the officer called me a few minutes ago.

Ghetto was found guilty of assault with a deadly weapon, two counts of assault and battery, and violating a restraining order among a few other things. Not all the charges stuck, but enough did to get him locked away for the next fifteen years with no possibility of parole.

There will be almost no chance of appeal because Ghetto has no more money, apparently. I have not heard back from his lawyer that was going to appeal the ruling in my favor – I would bet he dropped Ghetto like a sack of bricks. The only thing that might possibly happen now is that his lawyer DOES plan to appeal the decision, which I doubt he will, now that his client lost the criminal case.

I am so happy to be done with this situation, it has been a nightmare. And to think back on how it all started. God.

Thank you so much for all your support through all this, and following it. It’s been an insane five months, to say the least.
                            "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

• Celebration!!!!!!! Congrats, and thank goodness.
                              Haikus are easy
                              But sometimes they don't make sense
                              Refrigerator

Comment

• Congradulations Kus!!!!! I am glad things turned out for you this way!
                                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Working...
                                X