Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Public intoxication, check. Trespassing, check. Mercedes.. WTF?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public intoxication, check. Trespassing, check. Mercedes.. WTF?

I'm almost speechless by this guy's actions today. I wasn't even on the clock, I just went in to pick up some groceries. When I walked up, I saw one of the assistant managers outside watching a guy parked in a handicapped spot (with the right handicapped plates). She asked me if I knew the non-emergency number for the police dept and filled me in on what happened.

Turns out the guy had been in the store, then sat down on one of the register scales and started pigging out on stuff he hadn't even paid for, and yelling at people. The manager asked him to quiet down and please pay for his items, then he's welcome to sit in the seating area. Instead, captain intelligent stumbled into the bakery and began yelling at the bakery employees.

He was told to leave the store immediately - he went out, got in his car, and proceeded to .. sit there. 92 degrees in the shade (yeah, it's fall, but it's also Texas), in a black Mercedes, with the windows up and no a/c running (engine wasn't even on). This is about the time I walked up and asked what was going on. One of the managers was on the phone with the police. This is when I sat down outside and waited for the fireworks to start.

At one point, he got out of his car, opened a pill bottle, dumped at least 5 pills in his hand and ate them. He started to stumble back up to the store, turned around, and got back in his car. I saw him nod off several times, then wake back up. When the police showed up, he jumped out of his car and started to walk into the store. Well, stumble is more like it. He had PLENTY of opportunity to leave before the police showed up - he'd been in his car about 15 minutes (10 minutes when I showed up).

If you didn't know this, cops really hate when you walk off and ignore them. No scuffle, but he got chewed out pretty good by the cops and ordered to sit down in his car and stay put.

I gave up on the fireworks, went inside and did my shopping. Came back out and Mr Douche is in the back of a squad car, with an ambulance pulling up since he wouldn't tell the police how many of whatever pill he took. I'm not quite sure what he's being charged with, but he was definitely arrested. I'm sure trespassing will be one charge, since he was told to leave the property and refused. Probably public intoxication as well. And his nice shiny Mercedes will be towed off the property.

Don't let the handicapped part fool you - the guy wasn't exactly an old codger (probably late 40s), and could obviously walk fine, aside from being very intoxicated (not on alcohol).

One thing that cracked me up though, one of the frontend supervisors told me she thought he was on acid. I mentioned to her I've done more than my share of acid in the past (it's been 7 1/2 years since I touched it, so shush) and I was almost positive he wasn't on any hallucinogens. Personally I think he was probably on enough benzos (valium/xanax/etc) to stop an elephant - if you take enough of those at once, you're guaranteed to be fucked out of your skull and won't exactly be rational.

Another thing that made me laugh - customers started asking another store manager (who was outside by the time I was leaving) what was going on. He just smiled and said the guy did something very stupid. They kept pressing for details, and all he would say is the guy did something stupid.

I would be more worried about him than amused by him. Someone who chokes down a handfull of pills definitely needs help.

Comment

Sounds like a suicide attempt. That nobody took that more serious than they did is troubling.

Comment

I'm sorry, that doesn't sound like a suicide attempt at all. He was out in the middle of a very public place, interacting with people and gorging himself on food. If he was gonna do himself in he'd be much more likely to be somewhere by himself.

The biggest thing he's in trouble for is a DUI. If he's that bad, he's most likely got an addiction problem, and since he seems to have money he'll prolly end up in rehab. I agree it sounds like a pharmaceutical addiction.
        Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

you think maybe he had a headache, and under the influence of SOMETHING he just gulped buncha headache pills?

Still, Capt. Drunko got some issues.

Bean: barbituates are funny when you combine w/ Robitussen.

Cutenoob
          In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
          She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

The cops did get paramedics to check him over before hauling him off - mgr was on the phone with the cops when I saw him choke down the pills and I told her to mention that to the dispatcher.

I know I shouldn't have laughed at the guy, but I've never seen somebody behave that way in public, ever, even with a keg of stupid in their stomach. I've been around more than my share of drugs and drug users, and the only time I've ever seen anybody act so outlandish was on benzos (again, valium, xanax, ativan, etc). Even in high doses, benzos are generally pretty safe as long as you don't mix them with alcohol.

Actually wait, come to think of it, I've seen people act like that on Ambien - Ambien is just pure fucking evil. And the worst part is you have NO memory of it the next day. If you don't fall asleep within 20-30 minutes of taking it, you get amnesia and do weird crap. The one time I was prescribed it, my roommate said I was walking around the house naked, "looking for a wire to carry a low voltage current", then said I tried to walk out of the house to drive to the store.. to get a wire... while naked.

Anyway, I hope to know more tomorrow.

edit: noob I know all about DXM and Robotussen, this guy was definitely not on DXM.
            Last edited by bean; 09-28-2007, 04:53 AM. Reason: I spal gud

Comment

I didn't do my drug mix on purpose :P.
              Took my normal anti-sz pills, had a cold, chugged some Robitussen...and had a buzz.

DON'T DO THIS AT HOME.

Cutenoob
              In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
              She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Ambien is serious stuff. One of my friends had a serious surgery and was prescribed it. She was talking to me online and was saying things like "liza, my hands are boats! "
                We may or may not have taken it recreationally. It's like having dreams when you're awake, I couldn't believe you could actually get a prescription for that stuff!
                I guess they don't generally expect people to fight through the drowsiness and actually stay awake, lol.

Comment

It's entirely possible that the guy had some serious mental difficulties (but in that case, what was he doing out driving a car?)... Just sounds more like mental illness than drugs or booze of any type I've ever seen.
                  GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

when i was in a car accident a few years ago (sitll have back pain i need to bring up with the doctor) i was given a pain relaver i couldnt take (it had codiene and i got sick around the time i got it and just stopped taking not connecting the fact that im most like allergic to it for a two years when my dentist prescribed it and well i was leashed to the toilet...) and muscle relaxant i LOVED.

but this also around the time a boy in my class was sexual harrassing me (he found out i had had sex once in my life [he thouhgt it was with a guy... i didnt squash that seeing as my teachers new my parents really well and not ready to come out] and he desided i was a whore who need to repent and wouldn't stop touching me.........)
                    so one day i came home after a really bad day because my teachers refused to do anything about when grab my breast... and had a panic attack in the hallway.
                    My dad freaked out a little and gave me half a xanax, going to wait to see if it would before called a doctor.
                    I had taken a muscle relaxant before i got on the bus because my back was close to spasming from the stress....

good lord the walls like melted...
                    to say they reacted with each other funny is and under statement...
                    I spent the rest of the day in bed talking to Sailor Bunny .......

Comment

Well, I got more details today. Not much, but something.

Turns out they arrested the guy because he had outstanding warrants. The cops didn't disclose what they were for, but did imply they've run into him before.

And yeah, mental illness is what everyone at work is thinking.

The car finally got towed today - the store doesn't have a contract with any towing companies, so they had a hard time finding someone to tow it. edit: I should point out again it was in a handicapped spot - in fact, the best one on the property (50 feet from the entrance, closest one to the door, and normally reserved for vans with a lift).

But seriously.. when someone tells you that they're calling the cops, who the hell sits there and waits for them to show up?
                      Last edited by bean; 09-29-2007, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Quoth bean View Post
                        But seriously.. when someone tells you that they're calling the cops, who the hell sits there and waits for them to show up?
                        My customers. As soon as I mentioned the words "I'm calling security, towing, crowd control, or the police" they'd say "Go ahead" and would stand there. Although this guy the OP mentioned just wanted to prove a point I think.
                        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth LizaMarie View Post
                          Ambien is serious stuff. One of my friends had a serious surgery and was prescribed it. She was talking to me online and was saying things like "liza, my hands are boats! "
                          We may or may not have taken it recreationally. It's like having dreams when you're awake, I couldn't believe you could actually get a prescription for that stuff!
                          I guess they don't generally expect people to fight through the drowsiness and actually stay awake, lol.
                          A friend of mine also had an experience with Ambien. He said that it didn't really make him sleepy in the least, but he did have a nice conversation with the six-foot tall, cigarette-smoking rabbit at the foot of his bed.

Comment

Quoth Cutenoob View Post
                            DON'T DO THIS AT HOME.
                            Better at home than out in public...

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                            It's entirely possible that the guy had some serious mental difficulties (but in that case, what was he doing out driving a car?)...
                            :raising an eyebrow:

So...uh....:cough:...

People with "mental difficulties" shouldn't be driving? I'll be sure to mention that to my loved ones dealing with manic depression and whatnot.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                              Better at home than out in public...
                              People with "mental difficulties" shouldn't be driving? I'll be sure to mention that to my loved ones dealing with manic depression and whatnot.
                              Nope, they shouldn't. In addition, females, homosexuals, asians, blacks, jews, atheists, those of middle eastern descent, and Canadians.. none of them have any business driving. Only white, male, hetrosexual god fearing christians have any business on our roads.

shit.. guess I need to sell my car.
                              Last edited by bean; 10-02-2007, 03:49 AM. Reason: Homosexual Atheist checking in.

Comment

Working...
                              X