This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Think One of TNT's or PhoneJockey's Customers Lives in My Neighborhood

I went for a walk with my neighbor. It's supposed to be for exercise, but we end up having to stop and talk with chatty neighbors so often that it's not much of a workout.

Anyway I observed the following conversation between my walking partner (LB) and a guy who lives a few houses down from her (BH). I pretty much stayed out and observed it in all its glory:

LB: [to BH's dog] Hey, Zeke! How ya doin' boy?

BH: LB! Hi! [to me] Hi!

Me and BH: Hi!

BH: [to LB] How was your trip?

LB: Great. How are you?

BH: Fine. But I'm fed up with those guys from Verizon.

LB: [looking over a retaining wall under construction] I see your wall is coming along.

BH: I swear to God they look for the stupidest people on the planet and make sure to hire them.

LB: Uh-huh. Hey! Zeke!

BH: I told them that if they offered the service for free I still don't want it. I'm going back to Comcast.

LB: Really? Want your tummy scratched, Zeke?

BH: They're still trying to talk me out of cancelling their service. But I'm going back to Comcast. I just hope I don't lose all my addresses and stuff and those pictures you sent me.

LB: You should be fine. That stuff is on your computer. Just look for a .pst file.

BH: What? A tsp file?

LB: No. P. S. T.

BH: P. T. S?

LB: P. S. T.

BH: What is a PST?

LB: It's a file which has the stuff you want. Just search for a pst file and you will find your stuff.

BH: Search?

LB: Yes. Remember? Go to Windows Explorer...

BH: Explorer? Is that the one where I use the special button and...

Mrs BH: [from the doorway] Hey, LB! How are you?

LB: I'm great, but I've got to go. I just realized I need to take a call from Taipei at [looks at watch] seven o'clock. I'll catch you guys later!

After we were out of hearing range I asked LB if "going back to Comcast" meant that BH had previously cancelled with them because he thought they were morons.

Turns out I was right. I'm psychic!
    Last edited by Dips; 08-11-2006, 03:40 PM. Reason: typos, what else?
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Quick question about your neighbour: Does he/she actually work for either Comcast or Verizon? Or did he/she just lend a sympathetic ear once, and now he/she's hooked?

And if it is a she, is she cute? (I'm such a bad person for asking that...)
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
      Quick question about your neighbour: Does he/she actually work for either Comcast or Verizon? Or did he/she just lend a sympathetic ear once, and now he/she's hooked?
      The second thing. She doesn't work for either company, but the guy found out she works with "computer stuff." And we all know that working with "computer stuff" means being an expert on anything and everything to do with computers and obligates one to give free service and training to the whole world.

And if it is a she, is she cute? (I'm such a bad person for asking that...)[/QUOTE]

As another woman I think she's cute; my husband also concurs as a guy. She's got a boyfriend, though.
      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
      X