Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a sign that goes up; once it goes up, that means no more customers; no matter how much they scream, whine or beg. I once had my sign go up at the end of my shift, leaving me 5 minutes to cash up. That's when these 2 guys come up with 2 loaded trolleys saying, "You have time to put us thru." I replied, "No, I don't. I'm cashing up," and they walked off, grumbling. Had that been just 2 items, I'd have let them thru but 2 trollies?! No thanks, I don't want to do half an hour forced overtime.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Here, if a till is closed, they take a trolley and put it on it's back so all four wheels are off the ground, and put that in front of the till. It blocks it off quite nicely, and no-one has tried to move it yet.
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
        And then I had one lady who came up, unclipped the chain, and looked at me and said, "Oh, I fixed that for you. It said you were closed."

Wow. That's something.

Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Customers only read the parts of the signs they want to.

A while ago a few registers were being repaired, the fronts were pulled off so the matinance people could fix the belts. They had put yellow "CAUTUON" tape across the front and back of the register and a few customers ripped the tape down pushed the tools out of the way and waiter for a cashier to come. These register were no more thn two lanes away from an actual open register.

Comment

"Register 11 is open with no lines and no waiting!"
            I dealt with the same crap over at Home Depot and I think on occasion, Stop & Shop!

Comment

Working...
            X