Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screaming at the kids helps... really.

The en of buffet time came around 7:30p.m., and a Man, Woman, and two kids came in. Girl was skippy but quiet, and Boy was apparently starved for attention, or hyper as hell.

Me: Sorry! Our buffet ends at 7:30, but since its only a few past and most of it is fresh, I can still sell it to you if you all really want.
    M: Well.
    W: Let's go ahead, there's plenty.

Kids are behind them giggling quietly about stickers.

M: I CAN'T TAKE YOU ANYWHERE!SHUT UP OR I'LL TAN YOUR HIDES.

Wife ignored this.

It kept like that, every time the Boy (5-7) went to get a cheesestick (with my help), Man would come by, swat his hand, and then yell at him for running away. Two freakin feet... wow.

The Girl spilled her coke all over the table. I got a towel, and tried to help sop it up, but I was standing over their food (big resteraunt no-no), so I let the Woman handle it. Boy jumped from his seat during this time, took off his shoes and threw them at the Man, an as a I turned around to get some paper towels, he back-butted me in the stomach, and went RAARRRR!!!

The Man screamed at him for causing Girl to spill her drink, at ME for standing over the food, at Boy again for hitting "that person," and then at Woman for not cleaning fast enough.

So, I stuck my pinkie finger out at him, and helped Woman clean up, while standing over his food.

A-hole.

Sounds like daddy may need a bit of mommy's little helper.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

sounds more like daddy needs anger management and learn more effective discipline for sonny.

daddy could also use something to remove that stick lodged up his nether regions...and anger management.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I don't get the pinky finger thing. Was there a memo I didn't get?

Comment

I didn't get the memo either. I want a memo!

Retail Haiku:
          Depression sets in.
          The hellhole is calling me ~
          I don't want to go.

Comment

Since we keep insisting on curtailing natural selection the government should just snip your tubes ( whatever kind you may have ) at the age of 10. You can have your equipment hooked back up after you reach the age of at least 18 and successfully pass a series of written exams and parenting workshops. =p

But nooooo, we have this stupid ass "personal freedom" thing.

Considering this trend of the more retarded and inept you would be as a parent the more likely you are to end up having kids completely by accident you'd think the alarm bells would be going off. Its like some sort of reproductive global warming. Its only a matter of time before we wake up one morning drowning in the rising water levels of the farkwit ocean.

( yes, I'm joking......kind of. )

Seriously though, you need to pass a course/exam and/or get a license for everything else in life you could do that could potentially ruin lives: Driving, marriage, gun ownership, etc. Why not having children? Thats the ultimate ruiner of lives right there ( The poor kids lives to be specific. )

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              Its like some sort of reproductive global warming. Its only a matter of time before we wake up one morning drowning in the rising water levels of the farkwit ocean.
              There's a movie about that...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post

Maybe it's because I haven't had more than four hours of sleep a night for the past week, but that was really funny. RA, you've made my morning. I'm going to be giggling about that all the way to class.

(Back on topic...) Yeah, I've seen parents yell at their kids like that. Most of the ones that I see are parents who seem to be completely unable to talk to their children in a normal tone. It's either yell at them or ignore them. And neither action seems to work for this parents when it comes to discipline matters.

My old roommate said it would be a good idea to reintroduce a predator into the world that actually went after humans. He wanted to bring back a sort of survival-of-the-fittest concept. Only this predator would be specifically engineered so that it only attacked certain age groups. And physical capabilities were not what would keep people from being eaten; instead, we would survive if we were intelligent enough or had enough common sense. Obviously it's not a plausible idea at all, but Roommate thought it would be awesome to watch some idiot do something stupid and immediately have to pay for it by literally running for his or her life.
                I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                - IPF

Comment

Quoth unholypet View Post
                  but I was standing over their food (big resteraunt no-no),
                  Uh, okay, color me confused, but why is that bad?
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post

But... It has ELECTROLYTES.

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post

I'm going to need you to come in on Saturday too.... *Slurp*

Comment

Since we keep insisting on curtailing natural selection the government should just snip your tubes ( whatever kind you may have ) at the age of 10. You can have your equipment hooked back up after you reach the age of at least 18 and successfully pass a series of written exams and parenting workshops. =p)
                        Good in theory, but the rehookup doesn't always work....

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                          Good in theory, but the rehookup doesn't always work....
                          Huzzah! That factors natural selection back in too.

Only the most durable tubes will....uh....reconnect the wiring.....yeah. >.>

Comment

Its like some sort of reproductive global warming. Its only a matter of time before we wake up one morning drowning in the rising water levels of the farkwit ocean.
                            Quoth edible_hat View Post

*nods*

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
                            My old roommate said it would be a good idea to reintroduce a predator into the world that actually went after humans.
                            Maybe we could engineer a grue... smart people would know how to keep backup lights...

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

>It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue

"What's a Grue?"

*munch*

that would rock... just turn the lights off in the store when there's a customer you really can't deal with
                              "Ah, he's not the first psycho to hire us, nor the last. You think that's a commentary on us?"

Comment

Working...
                              X