This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entitled Bootyhead

Now, I have an unrelated aunt. She has a dad. He is NOTORIOUS throughout the tri-county area for being a jerk. He will be called UAD.

He came in with my aunt's mom, and I waved hi at them, asked how they were. They stared at me, he snubbed me with a nose in the air routine, and walked on. Never said a word to myself, or Manager D (MD) about what he wanted on the pizza buffet, and that night, I was the buffet manager.

About thirty people come and go, and I see him standing at the edge of the bar, trying to look down at MD and lean on him at the same time.

UAD: Its ridiculous really, just how do you not put out an italian pizza?
    MD: Do you mean the italian sausage pizza? Its the only pizza we have with that name.
    UAD: Obviously, you should call it the italian. Its too long a word to use on such a small little item. I can't even begin to eat anything but that. (Nevermind the 12 plates of everything else he had)
    MD: Well, sir, if you just ask our buffet manager, or someone at the--
    UAD: I shouldn't have to. I come here so often.

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.. he blathers on about how he could get corporate to run us down for not bowing to his demands, and how his business associates are looking for someone to take over, and how our big boss (owner of this franchise store) would cave like a child.

And then had the nerve to offer a position at one of his "partner's stores."

OI! Nevermind me standing there, listening to this whole thing with a =_= look at him. This guy is banned from having a business liscence or even partnering because of all the money laundering he did.

I took great enjoyment out of laughing at him to his face.

Plus, we had two whole italian sausages go out while he was there. And you can't miss my loud-voice when I call it out, either.

I don't think I'll ever understand why people have or want to try and go on power trips, especially when you knowthat there is someone close by who will blow you out of the water in around the 0.5 millisecond mark when they want to. Just biazarre.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Yeah. Condescending fricksticks.

Comment

Um, most people consider "pizza" to be "Italian"...so saying "Italian pizza" really means nothing to me...I would assume it has cheese and tomato sauce and any number of possible toppings...

by "unrelated aunt" I assume you mean married to your uncle? or just a family friend (my parents have friends who I grew up calling "Aunt" and "Uncle" even though we're not actually related)?
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

If memory serves, it originated as Siciallian peasant food.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post

Rapscallion
            A short history of pizza.

Now I'm hungry...
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

My blood-uncle is indeed married to that lady I call aunt.

Comment

Nah... it was Michaelangelo, he requested a... Chinese peasant to make him a pizza... turned into a frisbee.
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Rapscallion
                  [insert your favourite Raps-is-really-old joke here]

Comment

Should I never argue with a Siciallian when pizza toppings are on the line?

*runs*
                    "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth unholypet View Post
                      Yeah. Condescending fricksticks.

Ahahahaha!! It's early, and I just downed some coffee. In any case, you win my quote-of-the-day prize and I shall attempt to use it in three different situations throughout the day. Also, I laughed out loud in class. Oooooh, embarrassing!

Onto the real content of this thread: he's a prick, that's all there is to it. I don't think I will ever understand the need to power-trip like that. Maybe he felt the need to prove his macho-ness to himself because he is, quite obviously, a bit of a loser (what with the money-laundering and such). Maybe it has bred insecurities and thus he feels the need to thwack innocent people with his machopowerhammer?

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                        Nah... it was Michaelangelo, he requested a... Chinese peasant to make him a pizza... turned into a frisbee.
                        Hey! It was JAPANESE, and Mikey made sure to keep up with the advice to deliver it in under 30 minutes. And it was ONLY while Don worked on the magic scepter! (Hooray for obscure references...)

I've been tempted to drag my pa out of a few places myself, usually because he makes a mountain out of a molehill when it comes to getting his order right at restaurants. Usually, he's a pretty cool guy, but if something's wrong with his order, it's best to act like you don't know him. I think he got the hint after the whole family chose to pretend like he didn't exist for 5 minutes after one particularly embarssing moment at a Red Robin...
                        "Oh, you hate your job? There's a club for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet down at the bar." ~Drew Carey

Comment

The ironic thing here is that had she actually GOTTEN an "Italian Pizza", she would have complained. I don't think she actually had any idea what she was asking for.

Comment

I think I might have the opposite problem when I order food - if you can call it a problem. For example:

Restaurant staff: "Sorry, we've had to replace the bok choy with asparagus for that seafood dish tonight".
                            Me: "Okay, that sounds good too".

Staff: "That ricotta cheesecake is actually a baked cheesecake tonight."
                            Me: "I don't mind. Still sounds good."

And so on.
                            Seriously, as long as you give me food that's worth paying for, I'm happy!

Comment

I'm essentially the same way, to the point that when someone asks me what sounds good/what I want for dinner, my answer is almost invariably, "Food." Seriously, there're very few kinds of food (Sauerkraut, spinach, and tofu) that I won't eat. And if it's palatable, I'll be having thirds xD. Couple that with the fact that I'm a 'beanpole' (6'2, 150 lbs) and people tend to get a bit upset when they see me eat. (picture Coneheads) The term, "For God's sake, man, chew," is often heard
                              If ignorance is bliss, no wonder I'm so unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                              X