This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Princess Jazzmin then. XD
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Nondescript middle eastern princess like costume that may or may not resemble a cartoon movie character.
      Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

I like it.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Ah, this reminded me. On Saturday, the second "party" we went to was really to visit some friends of ours who had recently come in as runners up as part of a costume contest in their He-Man costumes. My friend dressed as Skeletor, his fiance, I believe, as Evil-Lyn. The final member of their group was dressed as Beast Man.

In the group I wandered with, we had Claire and Hiro from Heroes, and Rukia and Ichigo from Bleach.
          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth princess4life View Post
            My biggest costume pet peeve of the weekend is . . . . . .the girls that wear nothing but a bra and underwear. Did a miss a memo somewhere stating that the top costume of the year is a Victoria Secret model? I guess it is a cheap costume, but there are some people that just should not dress like that no matter what.
            I thought top costume of the year was Britney Spears - complete with missing underwear.

Silly me.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post

I would just like to add I was the only one with actual makeup in my face.
              GREAT makeup job! What type of makeup did you use, did you use prosthetics?
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

this year again i was the only one in my store to dress in costume. except for the guys in hardwear who wore their craftsman wrench skeleton shirts that were cute. all day i was the only one i saw, then i went to lunch and it got more depressing. i saw in the whole mall, a witch, a fairy, some guy in face paint and some of the girls in the hot dog on a stick had on some quickly made 7 dwarfs costumes. on the way back i saw one guy dressed in a egyptian costume.

surely the most depressing halloween ever. i guess that with the fires and all down here in san diego that no one was really up for halloween.

on the upside i went to my friends house to go to a samhain event and there were some trick or treaters, the best one was this kid with a walker balding cap and hospital gown, he had is bag tied to the front of the walker it said old fart. he even acted the part, his friends were pretty funny too. i dont know if he was acting that way or not but it was great, they said it took him all night to go 3 houses lol but when i turned around they were gone so i guess they were just acting.
                "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Oh the costumes I have seen!!

First saw the werepimp & little red riding HO! http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...3_0007_007.jpg
                  Boss was the SAW doll (named Billy?)
                  One guy was Brian from Family Guy in the bannana costume.
                  Saw one guy in a kilt. I made the mistake of asking if he was wearing it correctly. He was, and proved it by flashing me while walking past on a very busy crosswalk. He got applauded and offered 3 phone numbers. (encore! encore!)
                  One guy was dressed in a long black trench coat, hiding behind a bus stop. He lept infront of us, opened his coat while shouting "HEY BABY! SMILE!" He was naked, except for the giant he was wearing over his privates.
                  A (pack?) of PIMPS. They really went all out. Brought there own stripper pole, with a boombox built into the base. Set it up on a corner and were trying to get "Some Ho's to strip! Who wants to be my HO!" The girls that were dressed as Victoria Secret models (wings & underwear) were happy to help them out.
                  Last edited by Lady Heather; 11-02-2007, 08:58 AM.
                  Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
                  The following is subject to change:
                  If Your Going Through Hell,
                  Keep Going...

Comment

Quoth Lady Heather View Post
                    One guy was dressed in a long black trench coat, hiding behind a bus stop. He lept infront of us, opened his coat while shouting "HEY BABY! SMILE!" He was naked, except for the giant he was wearing over his privates.

Gotta be the BEST gag costume I've heard of in ages.
                    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Had a chat with a fellow worker in another store, and he had a whopper of a story on Halloween.

He was tasked with doling out the candy. It got to the point where all the candy was gone, and he was giving out the freebies that the companies have given (Pencils, stickers, small books, etc.). Now while handing out candy didn't illicit any pickyness, the freebies did.

One parent grumbled as to why he couldn't get a small book instead of a pencil. What made the situation worse was the kid cried his brains out when the dad took the pencil, gave it back to my fellow co-worker, and grabbed a book from the bowl. He noted the kid was still bawling his eyes out when the father grabbed and lifted him into his arms, and took off.

Comment

[QUOTE=mischugenah;211612]since the topic is Halloween costumes, I'm going to take a moment to rant. I have a couple of high-quality costumes I rotate through and have for years. But thanks to some movies in the past decade, I'm considering getting rid of them. When I dress up techno-goth, people assume I'm Trinity from the Matrix. When I dress up in my elf costume (patchwork leather and suede), everyone says 'oh, you're Peter Pan.' And I'm sorely tempted to shake them and yell, "YOUR MINDLESS POP CULTURE MOVIES DID NOT INVENT THIS. THE WORLD DID EXIST BEFORE THE CINIMA." I mean, ok, I'm not really mad, I just get really annoyed that once a movie comes out that uses a particular style or look, people think anything that even vaguely resembles it MUST be connected.
                        /end rant
                        QUOTE]

I've dealt with this before. I went to a costume party as Death. Did my face up like Dr. Fibes, great flowing cloak, hourglass and scythe. I received compliments that I looked like the old woodcuts.

Except for one idiot who said "Scythe...hourglass...Death AND Time? I don't get it." Turned out the only culture the kid had ever gotten was from the Piers Anthony Incarnations books. Luckily almost everyone else at the party clued him in witheringly.

Comment

Well, not that I ever saw this happen, but I hear the couple dressing up as Adam and Eve is very popular!

Comment

Quoth Lady Heather View Post
                            A (pack?) of PIMPS.
                            ... a bruise of pimps? A gaggle of pimps? A sequester of pimps?
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

My favorite pick on costume on halloween:

A CSR took a large Sugar Crisps box, put a large "No" sign on it and taped it to the back of a coat. He then took 4 single serving of Frosted Flakes, Froot loops, and coco puffs, put plastic knives in them and attached them to the front of his coat. Guess what he was.

That's right, a cereal killer.

I kept calling him the Pun-isher for the night.
                              I AM the evil bastard!
                              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth donruss View Post
                                Actually Halloween will be on a Friday next year.
                                Yeah, I remembered that when I was on my way to work right after I posted that and never got a chance to fix it until now.
                                Unseen but seeing
                                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                                3rd shift needs love, too
                                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                                X